Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I have installed the meta 2.1.0 on my pre+ and even though the LED torch app comes up in preware, it doesn't work. Is there any status on this working in 2.x? and will that include meta 2.1.0?

Thanks
    It does work correctly on 2.x. Make sure both SysToolsMgr 1.0 and Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ $installed$ $correctly$.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    it worked fine for me until I updated sysman... I now get the following: mojo service: no error code supplied. ???
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    it worked fine for me until I updated sysman... I now get the following: mojo service: no error code supplied. ???
    uninstall SysToolsMgr, do a device restart, then reinstall

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your fine work as always!

Still trying to learn my way around WebOS 2.

I'm getting "Error- Not permitted to send to ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr." when the LED torch app tries to send commands.

Running the SysToolsMgr stub app reports "Service not running"

I can confirm Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $framework$ $is$ $installed$ ($according$ $to$ $Preware$). $Tried$ $removing$/$reinstalling$ $everything$ $many$ $times$ $to$ $no$ $avail$.

Pre 2 with 2.1.0.

Update: Found the following in the log:
    Code:
    2011-05-10T07:40:29.165130Z [1098] palm-webos user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "ca.canucksoftware.ledtorch" (requester pid: 1647, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by pEEf; 05/10/2011 at 02:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Sorry if I've just missed this, but on a Pre 2, the flashlight works, but there is no option for the strobe (which is really what I was looking for). Any thoughts? I installed the pre-req software.
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesg7 View Post
    Sorry if I've just missed this, but on a Pre 2, the flashlight works, but there is no option for the strobe (which is really what I was looking for). Any thoughts? I installed the pre-req software.
    Same problem here. Not that I'm needing the strobe option right away, but I saw it once, and now I miss it.

Best regards,
    José Ignacio
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanta View Post
    Same problem here. Not that I'm needing the strobe option right away, but I saw it once, and now I miss it.

Best regards,
    José Ignacio
    I read elsewhere that the issue is with WebOS 2.0.1, I think. Too bad, the strobe could be useful helping someone find you in a crowd....
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesg7 View Post
    I read elsewhere that the issue is with WebOS 2.0.1, I think. Too bad, the strobe could be useful helping someone find you in a crowd....
    Strobe was removed due the change from a java service to node.jsjsjs $service$

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Ant ideas why the torch app defaults to 100ma light as max, but if I adjust the settings for it to start and end as the app is started/ended, it then allows me to adjust up to 200ma brightness? This is on a Pre2.
    led torch is not working on the pre 3
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by eternityzero View Post
    led torch is not working on the pre 3
    Does not currently work on the Pre3 as the LED flash is different. I'm looking into how the Pre3's one works but if anyone has any tips, feel free to message me

Hi Jason,

I know many have asked, and I'm still searching the thread, but any word on the pixi plus version of led torch? It's the main reason I wen through the wosqi system.
    Thanks,
    Spark
    hi
    I finally got this working on my meta2.1.0 plus by completely removing all filemgr/sysmgr and internals pro and this app. With multiple full restarts.
    but why is it even available on the Touchpad? There's no led!

thnks
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Doesn't work with Pre 3 it seems. Throws an error when I try to toggle the LED on:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr/scripts/torchOn.sh: line 5: can't create /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/avin: nonexistent directory...

Similar message repeats 3 times for line 6, line 7.

Systoolsmgr needs to be updated for the Pre 3 LED?

EDIT: never mind, I saw your Twitter. Indeed needs to be updated.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/03/2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Doesn't work with Pre 3 it seems. Throws an error when I try to toggle the LED on:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/ca.canucksoftware.systoolsmgr/scripts/torchOn.sh: line 5: can't create /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/avin: nonexistent directory...

Similar message repeats 3 times for line 6, line 7.

Systoolsmgr needs to be updated for the Pre 3 LED?
    Correct. The Pre3 uses a different LED format than the Pre-/Pre+/Pre2, so the new format needs to be determined. I've publicly asked for assistance in figuring out the Pre3's LED flash controller, but as of yet I've got no help and haven't had much time to test myself.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi Jason, does this gobbledy**** (for me anyway) help you any? It's from the 2.2 source code.

from gstv4l2src.h:

#define PREFLASH_CURRENT 240
    #define FLASH_CURRENT 480

#define LOWVOLTAGE_FLASHCURRENT 360

#define PREFLASH_FRAMECOUNT 8
    #define AUTO_FRAMECOUNT 5
    #define MAX_RETRYCOUNT 200
    #define SKIP_FRAMECOUNT 10
    #define LUMINANCE_THRESHOLD 0x23

#define URI_TP_SERVICE "palm://com.palm.hidd/HidTouchpanel/State"
    #define TP_FLASH_ON "{\"mode\":\"set\",\"value\":\"flashOn\"}"
    #define TP_FLASH_OFF "{\"mode\":\"set\",\"value\":\"flashOff\"}"

---------------
    from v412_cam.h:

boolean v4l2_cameraflashcontrol (int current);
    boolean v4l2_cameraflashcontrol_ex (int current, int flash_mode);

Edit: Did my post just get ? I said the "G-word"??? Funny, cause I'm Asian.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hi Jason, does this gobbledy**** (for me anyway) help you any? It's from the 2.2 source code.

from gstv4l2src.h:

#define PREFLASH_CURRENT 240
    #define FLASH_CURRENT 480

#define LOWVOLTAGE_FLASHCURRENT 360

#define PREFLASH_FRAMECOUNT 8
    #define AUTO_FRAMECOUNT 5
    #define MAX_RETRYCOUNT 200
    #define SKIP_FRAMECOUNT 10
    #define LUMINANCE_THRESHOLD 0x23

#define URI_TP_SERVICE "palm://com.palm.hidd/HidTouchpanel/State"
    #define TP_FLASH_ON "{\"mode\":\"set\",\"value\":\"flashOn\"}"
    #define TP_FLASH_OFF "{\"mode\":\"set\",\"value\":\"flashOff\"}"

---------------
    from v412_cam.h:

boolean v4l2_cameraflashcontrol (int current);
    boolean v4l2_cameraflashcontrol_ex (int current, int flash_mode);

Edit: Did my post just get ? I said the "G-word"??? Funny, cause I'm Asian.
    First part is related to the touchscreen; the second holds promise, if only I knew what files get altered.

My belief is that the led flash controller files are at /sys/devices/i2c-4/4-0033/flash/flash/ but the question is how to use them. With Pre-/Pre+/Pre2 is was a simple matter of writing to certain files, but these are different.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Or this? From v4l2_cam.c Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm

/*===========================================================================
    FUNCTION v4l2_cameraflashcontrol

DESCRIPTION Function that turns on the flash, given the current
    ===========================================================================*/
    boolean v4l2_cameraflashcontrol (int current)
    {
    int ioctlRetVal;
    boolean rc = TRUE;
    struct sensor_cfg_data_t cfg_data;

memset(&cfg_data, 0, sizeof(struct sensor_cfg_data_t) );

cfg_data.cfg.flash.flash_led_mode_type = 0; // type
    cfg_data.cfg.flash.flash_led_polarity_type = 0; // polarity
    cfg_data.cfg.flash.flash_led_current_ma = current;

if((ioctlRetVal = ioctl(ov265x_fd, MSM_CAMERA_CONFIG_CURRENT, &cfg_data)) < 0) {
    GST_ERROR("v4l2_cameraflashcontrol: ioctl failed. ioctl return value is %d \n", ioctlRetVal);
    rc = FALSE;
    }

return rc;
    }

/*===========================================================================
    FUNCTION v4l2_cameraflashcontrol_ex

DESCRIPTION Function that turns on the flash, given the current, flashmode
    ===========================================================================*/
    boolean v4l2_cameraflashcontrol_ex (int current, int flash_mode)
    {
    int ioctlRetVal;
    boolean rc = TRUE;
    struct sensor_cfg_data_t cfg_data;

memset(&cfg_data, 0, sizeof(struct sensor_cfg_data_t) );

cfg_data.cfg.flash.flash_led_mode_type = 0; // type
    cfg_data.cfg.flash.flash_led_polarity_type = 0; // polarity
    cfg_data.cfg.flash.flash_led_current_ma = current;
    cfg_data.cfg.flash.cam_flash_mode = flash_mode;
    if((ioctlRetVal = ioctl(ov265x_fd, MSM_CAMERA_CONFIG_CURRENT_EX, &cfg_data)) < 0) {
    GST_ERROR("v4l2_cameraflashcontrol: ioctl failed. ioctl return value is %d \n", ioctlRetVal);
    rc = FALSE;
    }

return rc;
    }
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  19. mpx
    Hi all

Digging on sources I found some useful info about flash:
    /sys/class/flash/flash0 is the dir where are the flash controls.

turning on flash is a two step approach:
    1) echo 2 > flash_enable [1 means flash, 2 means torch]
    2) echo 1 > flash_or_torch_start
    flash is a high intensity lamp (600mA , 512 ms I think) and torch is a always-on led at low intensity (150 mA)

Torch_current obiviously control the intensity of the light (150 default value)
    I did not tried to modify flash_current or flash_duration, but they seems pretty self-explanatory.

I'm too young as a webos programmer to build an app soon, so I hope it helps
    For me it will be an exercise to develop something with it.

(EDIT: i made a mistake on numbers to echo, sorry)
    Last edited by mpx; 10/11/2011 at 12:29 PM.
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpx View Post
    Hi all

Digging on sources I found some useful info about flash:
    /sys/class/flash/flash0 is the dir where are the flash controls.

turning on flash is a two step approach:
    1) echo 1 > flash_enable [enable flash]
    2) echo 2 > flash_or_torch_start [1 means flash, 2 means torch]

flash is a high intensity lamp (600mA , 512 ms I think) and torch is a always-on led at low intensity (150 mA)

Torch_current obiviously control the intensity of the light (150 default value)
    I did not tried to modify flash_current or flash_duration, but they seems pretty self-explanatory.

I'm too young as a webos programmer to build an app soon, so I hope it helps
    For me it will be an exercise to develop something with it.
    Sweet, works. I noticed I had to "echo 2 > flash_enable" to enable torch mode.

EDIT: Update coming soon
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 10/11/2011 at 12:36 PM.