Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 317
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    is this not working in 1.4.1.1?

    yeah it looks that way, can't get it working after a dr visit. Oddly enough myflashlight is working.... In the device menu mega mix, it states "error" and turning it on doesn't do anything...
    Mine is working as well. It is operating just as expected. I am also on 1.4.1.1.
  2. #222  
    huh i installed the ipk file thru webosqi and i have the app it just wont seem to turn on the hled . i even did a restart to see if that would help but it didnt. Any recommendations. Sorry for being the newb asking a million questions.
  3. #223  
    After a little more reading i guess i need to install the systoolmngr thingy. hope it works.
  4. #224  
    it worked ha. love the app thnx so much jason
  5. #225  
    I dont know what happened: it was working all the time, then I had to reset 1.4.1 and since then nothing. Any solution ?? Reinstall or run thge emergency patch utility ??
    TIA

    P.S. Just realized that LED Torch doesnt work either
    P.P.S This is not my day: I forgot to re-install SysToolsMgr...shame on me
    Last edited by prebus2; 04/21/2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Additional remarks
  6. #226  
    Hey Jason any updates on when this will work with the pixi? you da man...
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey Jason any updates on when this will work with the pixi? you da man...
    As of current, I've received 0 emails with any information on the Pixi camera's LED flash.

    I'm getting a Pixi Plus for development purposes, so I may be able to get something working in the near future.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. cowpen's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #228  
    Doesn't seem to be working on AT&T Pre+ webOS 1.4.2
    I have SysToolsMgr 0.3.0 installed.
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpen View Post
    Doesn't seem to be working on AT&T Pre+ webOS 1.4.2
    I have SysToolsMgr 0.3.0 installed.
    What error are you getting?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  10. #230  
    Jason, Great app! I always have my phone, so I always have a flash light.
    Thanks!
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As of current, I've received 0 emails with any information on the Pixi camera's LED flash.

    I'm getting a Pixi Plus for development purposes, so I may be able to get something working in the near future.
    Aww ok cool man i am not sure what i would need to provide to ya for as making it work if you need some kind of log from install i could send something like that just tell me were to grab it from...
  12. Spyral's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #232  
    I'm a little under-educated when it comes to the finer workings of webOS homebrew and their services, so I have a strange question:

    What, if any, is the potential battery impact of this application being installed, but not running?

    I've recently been plagued with worse-than-usual battery life on my Pre. Fed up, I doctored and went stock with the mindset that 'Homebrew is bad' due to the undocumented nature of certain applications. I know that not all homebrew is bad and have slowly been reinstalling needed apps as I learn their impact on my battery life.

    I'd like to go on record as saying I am aware activating the LED will obviously use power. Also understand that I am not blaming LED Torch for my battery problems. I have no ground for that accusation. It is just one of the more useful applications available to my Pre and I would rather not be without it. I simply worry that with the application and the service required and my 'unknowings' of what happens under the hood, I'd like to know if there is any way the app could 'act up' and drain my battery while not running.
    Last edited by Spyral; 06/03/2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Woo 100 Posts!
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    I'm a little under-educated when it comes to the finer workings of webOS homebrew and their services, so I have a strange question:

    What, if any, is the potential battery impact of this application being installed, but not running?

    I've recently been plagued with worse-than-usual battery life on my Pre. Fed up, I doctored and went stock with the mindset that 'Homebrew is bad' due to the undocumented nature of certain applications. I know that not all homebrew is bad and have slowly been reinstalling needed apps as I learn their impact on my battery life.

    I'd like to go on record as saying I am aware activating the LED will obviously use power. Also understand that I am not blaming LED Torch for my battery problems. I have no ground for that accusation. It is just one of the more useful applications available to my Pre and I would rather not be without it. I simply worry that with the application and the service required and my 'unknowings' of what happens under the hood, I'd like to know if there is any way the app could 'act up' and drain my battery while not running.
    The service should do nothing when the app is not active.

    In the past, some services had problems where they would cause a respawn loop - this is clearly visible in the /var/log/messages files. I haven't heard of this happening with this service.

    You realise that the majority of battery usage is due to screen brightness and cellular radio power, and if you are overclocking you should be aware that some frequencies may interfere with the cellular radio signal on some devices (this is one of the reasons why Palm do not run the Pre at 600MHz by default). This would also cause more power to be consumed as the radio has to work harder to stay in contact with the tower.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. Spyral's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The service should do nothing when the app is not active.

    In the past, some services had problems where they would cause a respawn loop - this is clearly visible in the /var/log/messages files. I haven't heard of this happening with this service.

    You realise that the majority of battery usage is due to screen brightness and cellular radio power, and if you are overclocking you should be aware that some frequencies may interfere with the cellular radio signal on some devices (this is one of the reasons why Palm do not run the Pre at 600MHz by default). This would also cause more power to be consumed as the radio has to work harder to stay in contact with the tower.

    -- Rod
    My screen brightness is about 1/5th of the max. The cellular signal in my workplace is extremely poor, so I am aware of the drain there. As such my phone is set to 'Sprint-Only. My signal is 4-5 bars at home and sometimes my device will drop dead within 5 hours while sitting idle on my table. Battery life in my workplace is roughly 6-7 hours while in a low coverage area and with frequent sms use.

    I'd love to discuss this in more detail, but I do not want to flood this thread with battery issues.
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcol41 View Post
    This app isn't working for my pixi, do you know why? Thanks
    This app only works on the Pre, so far. Jason is working on a version for the Pixi, since he recently got a Pixi developer phone. It'll be here eventually.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  16. #236  
    any update on pixi flashlight... Is it closer to fruition?
  17. #237  
    i have a pixi plus and i am really wondering why there are no torch entries in /sys. Where did they gone?
    Anybody has an idea how to figure out what devices are on the I2C bus?
  18. #238  
    I have a question guys.

    Will this application eventually burn out the flash since it was probably never design to stay on for a period of time?

    Anyone had experience a burnout flash ?


    Thank you
  19. #239  
    I'm getting nothing also.

    I've got SysToolsMgr 0.3.0 installed.


    Regular old Pre.

    I used Preware to download all of it.

    I hit launch (from within Preware) and nothing.

    Thoughts?

    Also, there doesn't seem to be an icon for the app in by list. Do I have to use Preware to launch it?

    Thanks.

    EDIT - I installed another app that caused a Luna reboot and when it came back, there was the LED Torch icon!

    All's good now.

    VERY cool app!
    Last edited by PF Graham; 07/26/2010 at 05:31 PM.
  20. #240  
    Yes, I noticed the same, need to do Luna Reboot. Also makes you also have SysToolsMgr 0.30 installed.

Posting Permissions