Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I really wanted this app. I download it using file coaster and download the sys tools thing that it says it needs. Couldnt get it ot work. Downloaded with preware and couldnt get it to work. No pre ware just keeps searching for pre theme in the update thing it does everytime you launch it. HELP!!!! cant get preware to work.OUCH!!
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirberk View Post
    I really wanted this app. I download it using file coaster and download the sys tools thing that it says it needs. Couldnt get it ot work. Downloaded with preware and couldnt get it to work. No pre ware just keeps searching for pre theme in the update thing it does everytime you launch it. HELP!!!! cant get preware to work.OUCH!!
    uninstall systoolsmgr and reinstall via preware or webosquickinstall
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    First of all thank you so much for the work on this app. From a die-hard Utilitarian this is simply amazing and makes the pre even more Swiss Army Knifish. This app could literally save a life, find car keys on the beach, and a buncha other stuff.

Just wanted to let you know that I have had a few instances of the LED staying on and not going off unless reboot/launch app turn off in one case, and in the other case battery removal was necessary.

THe first time I was sliding around and playing with the strobe setting. I will probably never use this function but I was stress testing the app. The second time I just turned it on and it wouldn't go off (after a day of multiple pre app use).

I have the Sprint Pre and I just installed PreWare joining Homebrew community first time. I have only installed Music Player Remix, Destroids, and LED Flash/Systoolsmgr.
    Led Torch works with the camcorder in strobe mode only. Cool effects can be recorded!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    Led Torch works with the camcorder in strobe mode only. Cool effects can be recorded!
    How are you doing this? When I turn on video mode, the LED turns off.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingjerry View Post
    would be nice if the brightness setting was preserved, especially when activated from the device menu. To be able to adjust the brightness would also be useful from he device menu ala the patch to adjust screen brightness. Also, if a full screen dark/black overlay could come up when activated from the device menu, to limit the blinding effects of the screen.
    when in the app itself, spacebar on/off toggle?
    and option to turn of keybd lighting?

just some ideas...
    Excellent suggestions! I second the ideas!

Another thought might be to have it automatically turn on when activated from the Launcher.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Oops I was using an older version of the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by frett View Post
    How are you doing this? When I turn on video mode, the LED turns off.
    yea the same thing happens to me
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    yea the same thing happens to me
    there is a patch that allows the use of the led light in the video recording app.
    Love this on my Pre. Any chance in getting this to work for my daughters Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yep, if I have my way, next update will include Pixi support and stobe support
    Yeah, any news regarding a pixi fix. Would absolutely love to get this working on my phone.
    Jason, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

Ok, so I started out with a Pixi bc I preferred the keyboard but I felt like I was missing out on too much. It always ticked me off that I couldn't use your LED Torch App, Device_Menu_Remix_w/Flashlight patch, and lastly your new Video_Camera_Flashlight patch.

Well, I finally decided to pick up a Pre on Friday, so of course I had to install those first :-) Probably one of my favorite 'features' so far. A real flashlight is just so damn handy and the white screen flashlight apps just didn't cut it for me. Thanks again Jason!
    I've maxed out the AppStore, where I've found some interesting App's, including a free flashlight app that uses the screen. "That's pretty cool," I thought to myself, "But there's an LED light for the flash...why not use that for an even better torch?"

And here it is on precentral. I love it. I think the strobe will be very useful for waking my children for school in the morning.....MWUHAHAHA!

I love that the light stays on, even if you close the app.

WELL DONE!
    you know I thought that I was getting a torch that I could burn things with, I was skeptical that my phone could emit a flame but I was willing to try the app (I had a fire extinguisher near by just in case, lol) so as not to have to carry a lighter around - or fire making device

one thing I dont understand is why British people call a flashlight a torch - a torch is something that is on fire not a light and its stupid because I have read things in the past that claim to have a "waterproof torch" but thats not even possible unless its a road flare or something like that, and no one is walking around with those as a light source

to call a flashlight a torch is like to call cigarette a *** - or to say that you are having a gay time

people dont talk like this anymore so why stick with the torch for the name of a flashlight

granted the name flashlight isnt really accurate (havent seen much flashing of the light, it seems to stay on with most flashlights), but if you tell anyone who speaks English to go and get you a flashlight you get a flashlight - however if you told them to get a torch you might get a burning piece of wood, maybe from a bead post with a piece of curtain on it to burn

all joking aside I love the app and really the only problem I have with it is that it takes to long to launch, but thats not the apps fault
    Awesome App. Great work. If my vacation spending doesn't kill me, I'll be obliged to donate.
    The Flashlight patch is awesome!
    but after it made the pre slow again, is there a conflict with the overclock patch? i have it set to 800mhz
    is this not working in 1.4.1.1?

yeah it looks that way, can't get it working after a dr visit. Oddly enough myflashlight is working.... In the device menu mega mix, it states "error" and turning it on doesn't do anything...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 04/03/2010 at 02:01 PM.
    works just fine here. both app and device menu item.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeks8699 View Post
    Yeah, any news regarding a pixi fix. Would absolutely love to get this working on my phone.
    My wife is nagging me too, any news for supporting the PIXI?

By the way, Jason, this is a great app and also the flashlight in the device menu too!!!
    ^not to mention the video camera light.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!