Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, this service is a bit hard to really describe. The closest I could consider it would be an "odds and ends" service, with various functions that people could potentially find useful.

The service should be up on PreCentral's homebrew gallery soon, in the meantime I've attached a public api for other homebrew developers to freely use. In addition, this service is MIT open source with a project page here.

It's now here and available for your downloading pleasure.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/02/2010 at 10:08 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I've been thinking we need a centralized utility service, thanks for creating one! One suggestion for the next version would be to include the accelerometer sensitivity adjustments as well (currently has its own AccelService).

--Brandon
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Rudementry; 01/01/2010 at 09:13 PM.
    sweet we can use this
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Nevermind.
    why not just delete the post ?
    do i have to root my phone fo this?
    no
    I did not see it yet on Preware, but it does show up on fileCoaster. I tried to load it from fileCoaster but got an error trying to install. Is there an issue with 1.3.5 and fileCoaster (sorry I have not searched that question yet)?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsjon View Post
    I did not see it yet on Preware, but it does show up on fileCoaster. I tried to load it from fileCoaster but got an error trying to install. Is there an issue with 1.3.5 and fileCoaster (sorry I have not searched that question yet)?
    O.o should be in PreCentral's feed. I guess Preware's feeds haven't updated yet.

To be clear, SysToolsMgr can only be installed with WebOS Quick Install or Preware. FileCoaster is currently unable to install advanced homebrew such as this.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

is this suppose to show up with an image like the other apps, because I downloaded it from the WebOS Install and I don't see an image. I tried to download it from filecoaster but I got an install error. Any help?
    not an app its a service
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    out of curiosity and to clear any confusion that may be presented in the future, will this service need to be removed for an update or is it safe to keep?
  13. TBH
    Jason, thats a great idea for a service!
    Do you plan adding support for reading from PalmDatabase.db3 (read-only)? So we could finally realize an application to see the total count of minutes phoned each month...
    I am currently using a bash-script for that (but finally having the backend to create a GUI would be awsome)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    not an app its a service
    so keeping in mind i'm not 100% sure how to use this should their be an icon considering it is a service? How do I use it? Or is it something that is active in the background? If so how do I use it in conjunction with LED torch?
    you download both and it works, no icon
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Jason, thats a great idea for a service!
    Do you plan adding support for reading from PalmDatabase.db3 (read-only)? So we could finally realize an application to see the total count of minutes phoned each month...
    I am currently using a bash-script for that (but finally having the backend to create a GUI would be awsome)
    Interesting idea, PM me with details on your bash-script

Quote Originally Posted by swmrbkrrnr View Post
    so keeping in mind i'm not 100% sure how to use this should their be an icon considering it is a service? How do I use it? Or is it something that is active in the background? If so how do I use it in conjunction with LED torch?
    Think of SysToolsMgr like a software library. Just stays quietly in the background until it's used by an app like LED Torch

Does it have to be removed for future updates?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Does it have to be removed for future updates?
    Nope

Hello,

I think this has not been asked yet:

How do you remove the service/package? I could not find the installed files in my Pre's Filesystem...

Thanks!

Richard
  20. TBH
    You install it with Preware, and that's the way you uninstall it, too.
    Select the service in Preware -> Installed Packages -> Service and tap "remove".
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast