I am getting the infamous "ERROR: no device detected" message when I try to do anything with WebOSQuickInstall. Here's the thing, though: novacomd is running and novaterm works. I can poke around on the Pre filesystem all I want with the novaterm shell. So I think this is a different problem than the usual one.

I use Debian (not Ubuntu) on amd64. I could imagine this being some weird issue with the Java runtime, but that's all I can think of.

Code:
    $ uname -a
    Linux trurl 2.6.31-1-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Nov 16 04:44:38 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_0"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.6.1) (6b16-1.6.1-2)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    i have an old guide i wrote for setting up palm pre on debian lenny amd64 i was able to run QI fine on it. (im on Arch Linux now) but if i still have it i will post it for you...the first parts will be nonsense to you because it was wrote in order to be able to access the pre (which you are already able to do) if all else fails and you have AIM my screenname is "intro" or yahoo is "lewisdepayne"
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    i have an old guide i wrote for setting up palm pre on debian lenny amd64 i was able to run QI fine on it. (im on Arch Linux now) but if i still have it i will post it for you...the first parts will be nonsense to you because it was wrote in order to be able to access the pre (which you are already able to do) if all else fails and you have AIM my screenname is "intro" or yahoo is "lewisdepayne"
    Much appreciated, do you need my email address?