View Poll Results: Should Canuck Software be renamed?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's fine as is

116 76.82%
  • Yes, but I can't think of anything right now

27 17.88%
  • Yes, and I've posted some ideas

8 5.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, now that I'm gearing up for more active paid software development (and more free stuff, don't worry ) I'm starting to think I need to rename my website.

And since PreCentral is the community that's shaped a lot of my development in the past, I figured it couldn't hurt to open a discussion here. So what do you guys think?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    if you are looking for some name changes, may I offer some?

I like "Robitaille inc." <-Sounds professional. "WebOS god" sounds a little egotistical, but appropriate.

-MapleJay Software
    -Canada Custom ~ app development
    -JR Apps
    -JR Development
    The name isn't anywhere nearly as important as the quality of the software. In your case both are flawless.

Change nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The name isn't anywhere nearly as important as the quality of the software. In your case both are flawless.

Change nothing.
    I do agree with you on your point, ryleyinstl. Jason, you are one heck of a programmer. They is no need to change the name when you write such amazing software.
    PreWebOS Software

PreUnlocked Software

PreUnchained Software

FarNorth Pre Software

PreBrewed Software
    Last edited by Acvisionace; 12/21/2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: fixed a bad suggestion...
    How about "WizKid Solutions"
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I think it depends on the software you are creating honestly. If you are creating games and consumer level goodies, then your current name is great because it has a fun, casual feel.

If, on the other hand, you are developing enterprise apps, then you may want something that has a more established or professional sound.

My $.02.

David
    www.webosroundup.com
    Find the best webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I say leave it the way it is. It's great that developers are from all over the world so a name tha represents your home country is a good thing in my opinion. I like "Canuck Software" far better than my "BoraWare" which was derived from a screen name I used 8 years ago which was derived from a europen Volkswagen I'm a fan of. All of which makes no real sense to the end user. At least with yours it's clear: you're a Canadian and you write software.

- Phil -
    GWiNoSOFT...

Great White North Software.
    I agree with flyingpenguin. Unless you're targeting upper management stiffs, your current name is great. Maybe just shorten it (CanuckSoft)?

I also think MapleJay has a nice sound/look.

Thanks to all of the good suggestions so far... I've got nothing original to contribute!
    Jason,

Marketing is a big deal... Having a name that sounds/looks professional is definitely key. While I agree that if your software is excellent (as it is) then no matter the name you will get the publicity; however if you want to appeal to even more people, a professional name is key. (I'm sure you have at least one marketing buddy that can chime in)

This is the exact reason why prehacks.com or whatever it is... isn't as large as PreCentral.

I don't really have any creative ideas but "Robitaille , Inc." is the only quality suggestion so far.

Give it time... I'm sure you'll come up with something. Cheers
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    yea - I think it could be improved as a name. Somethinglike

WebOSWizard
    or
    ProWebOS

Something beyond Pre (cause it's gonna happen) and something to indicate the quality
    Robi-soft
    Jasonware
    Canuck-em Soft!
    Last edited by Trekker; 12/16/2009 at 06:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    With whatever name you end up with, make sure you have an even better logo.
    WebOSguy... or flyingmountie WebOS eh...

Na, just leave it as it is. Much more memorable. You're a Canadian... stand proud.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Man i have tried everything to get this webos theme installer working ive tried for 6 hours straight and no matter what i always get the NOVACOM failed in the black box.....is there anything i can do to get this novacom running. i have a windows vista OS...not sure what "bit" it is or even what that means and if it affects anything...im computer illiterate as u can see but if there is anyone that can help me it would be appreciated. thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhogan3531 View Post
    Man i have tried everything to get this webos theme installer working ive tried for 6 hours straight and no matter what i always get the NOVACOM failed in the black box.....is there anything i can do to get this novacom running. i have a windows vista OS...not sure what "bit" it is or even what that means and if it affects anything...im computer illiterate as u can see but if there is anyone that can help me it would be appreciated. thank you.
    Great first post in the WRONG THREAD!
    How about KAWOSPG!! (Kick-***** WebOS Programming Guru)..

I personally like Canuck Software for the name.
    That's a tough one Jason. Not sure if you need a change but the name says quite a bit about the organization. I can't think of anything right now. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i like the shortened CanuckSoft or CanaSoft
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast