View Poll Results: Should Canuck Software be renamed?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's fine as is

116 76.82%
  • Yes, but I can't think of anything right now

27 17.88%
  • Yes, and I've posted some ideas

8 5.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Stick with Canuck Software. You make us in Canada very proud, Jason. Especially me here in Banff.
    Your current name is perfect. Changing it to something the suits would like will probably reduce (not expand) the appeal of your software to individuals. Also, if you change, someone might swoop in behind you and try to capitalize on your old name.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    RobiWare by Canuck
    NorthWare
    Software with Brooms
    CanuckWare
    Sweeps Software
    Northern Sweeps
    FABC (For All By a Canadian)
    International Brooms
    Digital Brooms

or

Canuck Software is just fine
  4.    #44  
    *bump*

So after a lot of though on the matter, I'm not completely satisfied with Canuck Software. It just doesn't feel right.

The idea a few of you mentioned for Robitaille Software as well is very tempting, but I'm worried Robitaille might be hard to remember, let alone spell correctly. Not to mention some people pronounce it wrong

By I digress. Here are my new prospect options I'd love input on:
    • Canuck Software
    • Robitaille Software
    • The Mobile Canuck
    • Canuck Mobile
    • Canuck Mobile Studios
    • Canuck Mobile Solutions

(and any other variation/suggestion)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I think "Canuck Mobile Solutions" sounds great, its not hard to pronounce and it sounds professional.
    Development. Canuck Software Development. Leaves you the brand recognition you've already established, yet puts emphasis on the fact that you are a developer--not just a distributor. Maybe get you some more google hits--idk, you'd know better than me on that one.

The "mobile" names are too confining--and make it sound as if you're a carrier.

Of course, if you're looking for something with more pizazz, you could go with Super Badass Software Development.

Thanks for all your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrex View Post
    Development. Canuck Software Development. Leaves you the brand recognition you've already established, yet puts emphasis on the fact that you are a developer--not just a distributor. Maybe get you some more google hits--idk, you'd know better than me on that one.

The "mobile" names are too confining--and make it sound as if you're a carrier.

... ...

Thanks for all your work.
    +1 to everything said above, but also how about a tie in with your Twitter name as well by going with :

JayCanuck Software Development

It just personalises it a bit to you ( or is that personalizes )
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Well when I was growing up by the BC border in Idaho, we loved Kokanee beer. Now I can not find it anywhere down south. I thought homebrew how about Kokanee.
  9.    #49  
    Hmm, maybe even something without "Canuck" as that may cause false connection between me and the Vancover Canucks
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    robuck software

+/- aboot

ha! I kill me (alf voice)
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/23/2010 at 08:52 AM.
    I don't really like companies that put things like Software or Mobile in their name. That sounds pretty outdated. The coolest company names are something new and memorable that you can build a brand around.

Something based on your last name wouldn't be a bad idea, maybe modified so people can spell it easier... like RobiTie, RobiTale, RobiTail, RobiJay (brings in your first name) ... I could imagine a mascot robot with a maple leaf on its body if you want to keep your Canadian pride going , or wearing a tie or some other kind of logo using the letters etc.

Needs more brainstorming to pick something out that isn't so obvious, but catchy.
    JRSoft Development.
    What about:

- OS Softworks
    - RobiSoft
    - JaySoft
    - Jarobi Development
    - CanDev Limited
    - DevRight Software
    - Mobidev
    - Canasoft, Inc
    - GCS Development (Great Canadian Software)

That's all I have for now...

mrwebguy
    hello jason , how about---------- J&R development .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwebguy View Post
    What about:

- OS Softworks
    - RobiSoft
    - JaySoft
    - Jarobi Development
    - CanDev Limited
    - DevRight Software
    - Mobidev
    - Canasoft, Inc
    - GCS Development (Great Canadian Software)

That's all I have for now...

mrwebguy
    I like RobiSoft. It gets in the part of your name that people probably do not misspell.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I like RobiSoft. It gets in the part of your name that people probably do not misspell.
    Yeah, I was partial to RobiSoft too. haha
    I personally would not change it... unless you want to go with something more literal like: "Father-Of-God-To-All-Things-WebOS Software Development"?

Seriously though, you've built a name for yourself as one of the best WebOS DEVs out there with your current name. Why hamstring yourself by changing to something that people won't instantly tie back to you?

If I see an App in the catalog by Canuck Software, I'm going to check it out... any other company and I might pass it by without a second glance.

If you must change it, I would go with something else recognizable to you, like something incorporating your name, as hard to spell - and pronounce - as it may be.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The name isn't anywhere nearly as important as the quality of the software. In your case both are flawless.

Change nothing.
    Nuf said...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123