Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I got developer mode turn on. I plug my Pre in my computer and select just charge. But I get the message: " Please connect your device and press ok". But when I do "Error: No device detected."
    Am I doing something wrong? I am running vista and have 1.3.1 on my pre. Thanks.
    you have novacom installed? if you look in device manager, you should see "Palm Novacom" as one of the categories. if not, you need to make sure that's installed. if you already did, try rebooting.
    The easiest way to do the Novacom installation is to Go into Options for Quick Install and click Attempt Novacom (re)installation.

Also, try a different USB port or like rgisraelsen said, restart your pre.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Ok guys, Novacom is not installed. Alex I try reinstalling but nothing is happening when I click on "Attempt Novacom (re)installation." The option dialogue box seem to be inactive. I have restarted my system and redownloaded quick Install several times, but I still get the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Ok guys, Novacom is not installed. Alex I try reinstalling but nothing is happening when I click on "Attempt Novacom (re)installation." The option dialogue box seem to be inactive. I have restarted my system and redownloaded quick Install several times, but I still get the same result.
    Yup I have been having the same problem. Is there anyway to install novacom separate from the File > Option > (re)install Novacom method in webosQI?

I'm running Mac OSX

It really sucks not being able to put a theme on my Pre replacement or get any homebrew apps
    Make sure your Java is the latest version. It must have the latest java ver.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yeah I have Java 6 set to be my default, at least I think I do its at the top of my Java Preferences
    I'm having the same issue. Plug the pre into my computer, the pre detects that it's connected, but Web Os Quick Install, Web OS doctor, etc won't detect the Pre. Tried on both Windows 7 and Windows XP platforms.

EDIT: Novacom installed and rrunning as a service correctly on both comps.
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    This is s funny topic for me. My Pre works on my home computer but not on my work computer. My buddy's Pre works on my work computer but not my home computer. ***? Talk about frustrating for no reason.
    so any solutions to this problem yet? anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Plug the pre into my computer, the pre detects that it's connected, but Web Os Quick Install, Web OS doctor, etc won't detect the Pre. Tried on both Windows 7 and Windows XP platforms.

EDIT: Novacom installed and rrunning as a service correctly on both comps.
    you should reboot both phone and pre then use a diff. Ubs connector ps please check to see if dev. Mode is on
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    some windows vista 32 bit computers have a hard time with novacom driver I have a modified version of novacom for this if anyone wants it just message me ur email and I will send after I get off work this evening .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    some windows vista 32 bit computers have a hard time with novacom driver I have a modified version of novacom for this if anyone wants it just message me ur email and I will send after I get off work this evening .
    I know my issue is because I can't seem to get Novacom on my computer after I deleted and reinstalled webos quick install.

I've been looking for a downloadable version of Novacom on its own aside from the one included in Webos Quick Install.

I would love to try this modified version you have but I'm guessing because I have a Mac it might not work.
    I just realize something, how could i not think of this before? since i doctered my pre, forgot to put it on devmode duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! webos20090606, gonna try now. ok working again! maannnnn!! how could i forgotten to put it on dev mode... thanks everyone for the help, i really mean it.
    Last edited by robbskittles; 11/20/2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Ha! Thanks for your honesty. I've been using WOSQI a long time through many versions, and just downloaded 2.9. No device detected.

I doctored my Pre for the first time today and never gave it a thought either.

It sure was tough getting through work tonight without any of my 40 or so patches. That will be fixed in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    I just realize something, how could i not think of this before? since i doctered my pre, forgot to put it on devmode duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! webos20090606, gonna try now. ok working again! maannnnn!! how could i forgotten to put it on dev mode... thanks everyone for the help, i really mean it.
  16. P6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I am having problems with QuickInstall with respect to recognition of my phone. Novacom seems to work intermittently. I am interested in your Novacom version for the 32bit Vista systems if it in fact works--have the mods been successful in solving similar issues? Can you tell me more about your modifications to the deamon and how I would install it, etc.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    im having the same problem, all of the sudden quickinstall doesnt want to recognize my pre... i have dev. mode, correct version of java, and when i go to services it says my palm novacom is running... ive reinstalled everything.. i dont know what to do next....
    I am using a palm pre with windows xp computer, My device is definitely in developers mode, palm novacom is started, my device is pugged into the computer with the oem usb cable and the pre is set to just charge.

What have I done wrong? It can't find my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by P6 View Post
    I am having problems with QuickInstall with respect to recognition of my phone. Novacom seems to work intermittently. I am interested in your Novacom version for the 32bit Vista systems if it in fact works--have the mods been successful in solving similar issues? Can you tell me more about your modifications to the deamon and how I would install it, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by tammy View Post
    I am using a palm pre with windows xp computer, My device is definitely in developers mode, palm novacom is started, my device is pugged into the computer with the oem usb cable and the pre is set to just charge.

What have I done wrong? It can't find my device.
    If both of you are certain that you have the latest Java version and that you have Dev mode enabled, try this:

From your PC, go to add/remove programs > Uninstall Novacomd

after that completes,

WebOS Quick Install > File > Options > Reinstall Novacom
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If both of you are certain that you have the latest Java version and that you have Dev mode enabled, try this:

From your PC, go to add/remove programs > Uninstall Novacomd

after that completes,

WebOS Quick Install > File > Options > Reinstall Novacom
    This works !! At least for me. Just do what he says!!!!!

Thanks man!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast