Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dfgh
    @atrible: don't spamming this thread!

I have same problem with you to get the link. but I won't do spam. I'm old member here, but lost my account, so make new one, hope the one have link for mod file can unlock the limitation for 10 posts.. it is really not helpfull.
    should I have the phone connected to the computer when I uninstall novacomm?
    should I have phone connected when I reinstall novacomm?
    Having the same problem... workin on mac mbp os 10.6.2
    pre (webos 1.3.5.2 / gsm europe) in dev mode
    cant get a connection via wosqi!!!!
    PLEASE HELP

ps: where are the links?
    Quote Originally Posted by thecsource View Post
    should I have phone connected when I reinstall novacomm?
    no just reinstall either way is fine .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if your using windows vista I have a modified novacom driver I made to work with it because novacom sometimes has a hard time with vista. If any one would like to try it just send me your email . Thanks ! I will help trouble shoot problems as well if I can help.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    5 arggghh
    10 and now...
    so tryed the usb mode.... no luck!
    what else can i do?
    HELP
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Spent numerous hours trying to get WebOCQuickInstall to recognize the Pre without any luck. Gave up on it on my computer, did the exact same thing on my son's computer using the same files I used on my computer. Had it done within 5 minutes and working like it should. Unsure what the issue is with the phone and my computer as both computers are running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    I have used this page several times due to issues I have had with the phone, thanks for every trip!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xander88 View Post
    Running WinXP Pro and having similar problems to those described here.

Symptoms:

1. When connected via USB with dev mode on (using original USB cable) the phone does not give options to Just Charge, USB Mode, Media Sync.
    2. Also Windows doesn't seem to recognize the Pre. Each time I unplug and plug it back in, the add hardware wizard appears but it is never successfully installs whatever it needs to. Says a 'problem occurred during hardware installation'. In Device Manager it's listed under Other Devices --> Pre with a yellow question mark
    3. WebOS quick install does not find the pre

Note: When dev mode is Off, I get the Just Charge, etc options and Windows seems to recognize the pre just fine.

I have...

- read and searched forums and googled all the symptoms. This is thread that best matches the problems I'm having
    - put phone in dev mode and restarted. Verified dev mode is On
    - Uninstalled Novacomd via add/remove programs and reinstalled using WebOS quick install
    - verified novacom service is running
    - verified that java is installed and working with latest version

There is mention here of a novacom mod. Do you think that might help with the symptoms I describe?

thanks for any help
    I had been having these exact problems but on Windows 7 x64. For some reason, it worked, then just stopped. I tried on a different computer and it worked then didn't. As it turns out, I had somehow switched cables in between. I got a replacement pre and the new cable was bad--go figure.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast