Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by P6 View Post
    I am having problems with QuickInstall with respect to recognition of my phone. Novacom seems to work intermittently. I am interested in your Novacom version for the 32bit Vista systems if it in fact works--have the mods been successful in solving similar issues? Can you tell me more about your modifications to the deamon and how I would install it, etc.
    yes this moded version works great for me and several other people ,as long as you have vista 32 bit system
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    my experience is to check whether your developer mode is on.
    Running WinXP Pro and having similar problems to those described here.

Symptoms:

1. When connected via USB with dev mode on (using original USB cable) the phone does not give options to Just Charge, USB Mode, Media Sync.
    2. Also Windows doesn't seem to recognize the Pre. Each time I unplug and plug it back in, the add hardware wizard appears but it is never successfully installs whatever it needs to. Says a 'problem occurred during hardware installation'. In Device Manager it's listed under Other Devices --> Pre with a yellow question mark
    3. WebOS quick install does not find the pre

Note: When dev mode is Off, I get the Just Charge, etc options and Windows seems to recognize the pre just fine.

I have...

- read and searched forums and googled all the symptoms. This is thread that best matches the problems I'm having
    - put phone in dev mode and restarted. Verified dev mode is On
    - Uninstalled Novacomd via add/remove programs and reinstalled using WebOS quick install
    - verified novacom service is running
    - verified that java is installed and working with latest version

There is mention here of a novacom mod. Do you think that might help with the symptoms I describe?

thanks for any help
    I had the same struggles. The issue ended up being that I needed the latest version of WebOS Quick Install.
    have latest versions of java webos quick install. on vista 32bit phone worked fine til 1.3.1 updated on its own now phone just charges during usb and pc dont recong dev
    Has this problem been corrected I'm having the same trouble, but I'm using a MAC not A PC. My phone is in Dev Mode but this is where my problem is a little different. When i tried to install Webos i couldn't finnish the install because Webos said that the software that was on my Mac was newer that the software that I was trying to Install, so I really don't know if Novacom is on my Mac.
    For me it WAS the cable. I had a USB extension cable that I eliminated - problem solved.

Check your cables and try different ports, etc.

Hope this helps.
    hi,

I had WOSQI (Vers. 2.96) intalled and already running with my Palm Pre (everything was just fine). Yesterday I downloaded and installed the webOS SDK from Palm's dev page (SDK Version 1.3.1). Unfortunately the SDK Eclipse plugin doesn't work with my Eclipse (Vers. 3.5.1) and a newer SDK Version was published a couple hours after I downloaded the SDK. So I uninstalled the SDK but now when I want to use WOSQI I can't connect to my Pre. I recognized that novacom was removed during the SDK removal.

I'm working on a Mac OS X 10.6.2 System.

How can I get novacom back?

WOSQI -> File -> Option -> Button "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" doens't seem to work.

I've already downloaded the newest SDK (Vers. 1.3.5). Can I install the SDK (which would also install novacom) to get WOSQI working again? Is Novacom from the SDK the same as from WOSQI?

Thanks for any advice
    Last edited by CuckooPre; 12/30/2009 at 06:41 AM.
    if you find the getting started page from the main precentral web site page you should be able to find a link to the novacom driver you need
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooPre View Post
    hi,

I had WOSQI (Vers. 2.96) intalled and already running with my Palm Pre (everything was just fine). Yesterday I downloaded and installed the webOS SDK from Palm's dev page (SDK Version 1.3.1). Unfortunately the SDK Eclipse plugin doesn't work with my Eclipse (Vers. 3.5.1) and a newer SDK Version was published a couple hours after I downloaded the SDK. So I uninstalled the SDK but now when I want to use WOSQI I can't connect to my Pre. I recognized that novacom was removed during the SDK removal.

I'm working on a Mac OS X 10.6.2 System.

How can I get novacom back?

WOSQI -> File -> Option -> Button "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" doens't seem to work.

I've already downloaded the newest SDK (Vers. 1.3.5). Can I install the SDK (which would also install novacom) to get WOSQI working again? Is Novacom from the SDK the same as from WOSQI?

Thanks for any advice
    here is a link to the getting started guide it will have a link to what you need . Also make sure dev. Mode is on and sometimes if something just stop working with web is all you need to do is a quick reboot to fix. Stuff just gets stick sometimes . Also check downloaded programs on computer and uninstall novacom driver in there if its still there maybe it didn't get deleted .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    here is a link to the getting started guide it will have a link to what you need . Also make sure dev. Mode is on and sometimes if something just stop working with web is all you need to do is a quick reboot to fix. Stuff just gets stick sometimes . Also check downloaded programs on computer and uninstall novacom driver in there if its still there maybe it didn't get deleted .
    Thanks for your answer but where's the link you're talking about?
    Dev Mode is on

Would this way work?
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooPre View Post
    saf
    sadfg
    asdf
    Originally Posted by Shadavis08
    Thanks for your answer but where's the link you're talkin
    Originally Posted by Shadavis08
    Thanks for your answer but where's the link you're talkin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast