Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Since the new os update. Im running the new webos install and the patches under tweaks(landscape email, etc.) are not working. I also went under tweaks/system mods got an error when selecting landscape email...

what am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    Hi,
    Since the new os update. Im running the new webos install and the patches under tweaks(landscape email, etc.) are not working. I also went under tweaks/system mods got an error when selecting landscape email...

what am I missing?
    You must not be using the current version. There is no landscape email patch in system mods tab, as of v2.9
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    You do realize that WebOS Quick Install is over a month old and you're using tweaks for and unsupported update? Obviously Palm has changed a lot of the code so a lot of the tweaks won't work. Either install Package Manager and Preware on your Pre and use the 1.3.1 approved patches or wait til Jason makes a new update that is officially 1.3.1 compatible.

-------------Edit----------
    Apparently Jason already released a new version, 2.9 download that.
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 11/15/2009 at 03:35 PM.
  4.    #4  
    doh! I could have sworn the latest was new as of the webos post ...my bad.
  5.    #5  
    Ok...now I checked...everything is up to date and I am using v2.9 that I just downloaded and underOnline Repository Patch info...Enable Landscape Email version 1.3.1-10...when I click on install patch...this is what I get:
    ERROR: an error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgscript.sh
    blah blah
    hunk #1 failed at 45.
    1 out of 1 hunk failed---saving rejects to file usr...blah blah blah...

So waddup"?
    try running the epr and then install it via preware thats what i did and it worked
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Hey Shadavis...
    I tried that and this is what it said:
    preware

the package manager service youre running isnt compatible with this version of preware. Please update it webosquickinstall. [2]
  8.    #8  
    preware didn't install the patches either . Error installing. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    preware didn't install the patches either . Error installing. Oh well.
    Preware installs 104+ patches (all contributed by a multitude of authors) on 1.3.1 on both the Pre and Pixi with no problems.

Make sure you run the WebOS Internals Emergency Patch Recovery tool before the update to remove all your 1.2.1 patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #10  
    I had done that, but it still seems to not be taking it...I will try one more time and completely wipe again.
    Also note...the landscape email IS on the new 2.9 version of webos quickinstall.
    Any link to the new webos 2.9?
  12.    #12  
    I was successfully running a number of patches until this weekend.

Last night, my Pre automatically installed the WebOs update 1.3.1 -- unfortunately before I had removed all of my patches via Preware.

Now, none of my patches work and when I try to uninstall the patches via Preware, I get errors on the uninstall. It also won't install the new version of the patches -- stating I need to uninstall first.

Now that my WebOS has already updated, how do I now unistall all my old patches/software to start over?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizmd View Post
    Now that my WebOS has already updated, how do I now unistall all my old patches/software to start over?
    Same way everyone starts over when they need a clean wipe - WebOS Doctor it after doing a backup and removing copying all your music and photos back to your comp.

After wiping with WebOS Doc, sign into your Palm account, and you should be done and on 1.3.1 (assuming WebOS doc is up to date, which I think it is). If not, and you go back to 1.2.1, search for updates and your phone will d/l nad install 1.3.1.

Then using preware or WebOS Quick Install 2.9 will work.
  15.    #15  
    Ouch...hate to have to do that .
    Thanks guys. Had to start all over and re-install everything. Painfull and lengthy process.

Hopefully, Palm WebOS update won't sneak up again like that!
  17.    #17  
    Ok I did the whole webos doctor thing and redid most. However, now the landscape pdf wont load(the usual log thats generated with the errors), neither will read/delete all email . I've tried loading that same scrip via preware and the webosquickinstall . HELP! I want that patch!
  18.    #18  
    I got an error 5 when trying to activate the read/delete all emails via preware .
    d=Does anyone have any idea on how to back up all of your contacts besides using the palm profile? My pre did the same thing and now I have to WebOS Doctor my pre and start from scratch. I've heard horrible things about the Palm online profile, and from the looks of it, it never works. Any other way that I can store all my contacts somewhere? I don't care if I lose my other stuff, just want to make sure my contacts will all be safe. Thanks guys!
  20.    #20  
    yes be warned ALL your non facebook contacts will NOT be backed up. I lost alot of contacts and my chapura pocket mirror isnt working...agggh...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast