Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Im having issues with it on three different computers....Everytime I download it I go through the reset process and click done, try to click and bring it up and its not letting me....
    Not sure if this is an issue with WebOSQI302 or not.

When I go to command line via the tools menu, it does not actually let me navigate the file system.

I can ls (list files in current directory), and it appears to be at the root, but if I cd (change directories), it does not error, and appears to issue the command, but when I do an ls or even pwd(print working directory) I am still at the / (root) prompt.

I normally do anything I need to do via command line with putty or winSCP, but someone mentioned something to someone new(ish) that an easy way to issue commands was just send them via WebOSQI >tools>command line, so I thought Id try.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me...

Thanks!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

what should i do if in the command console window it says STATE is STOPPED
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden_infinit View Post
    what should i do if in the command console window it says STATE is STOPPED
    Issue the command:

sc start novacomd

then check the status after a few seconds. Hopefully, now the STATE will be RUNNING.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Not sure if this is an issue with WebOSQI302 or not.

When I go to command line via the tools menu, it does not actually let me navigate the file system.

I can ls (list files in current directory), and it appears to be at the root, but if I cd (change directories), it does not error, and appears to issue the command, but when I do an ls or even pwd(print working directory) I am still at the / (root) prompt.

I normally do anything I need to do via command line with putty or winSCP, but someone mentioned something to someone new(ish) that an easy way to issue commands was just send them via WebOSQI >tools>command line, so I thought Id try.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me...

Thanks!
    I agree that is the way it works (possibly by design). So, you DO have to include full path specifications in your commands - but about everything else I have tried seem to work fine e.g. ls, tar and delete.
    Ok, just thought I would try to ask in here. I just installed WebOSquickinstall and I have no problem installing applications, but when I try to add tweaks it says this.

"tweaking requires both GNU Patch and Lsdiff installed to
    function. One or both of these are missing from your device.
    Would you like to download and install them now?

I say yes, then it says

"this may take upto a minute to complete, so please be patient.

Then I click OK to begin

Nothing happens I tried restarting but it just prompts the same questions everytime I try to open the tweaks option

Can anyone help me out here. Thanks so much...
    Oh and I have a MAC
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    Ok, just thought I would try to ask in here. I just installed WebOSquickinstall and I have no problem installing applications, but when I try to add tweaks it says this.

"tweaking requires both GNU Patch and Lsdiff installed to
    function. One or both of these are missing from your device.
    Would you like to download and install them now?

I say yes, then it says

"this may take upto a minute to complete, so please be patient.

Then I click OK to begin

Nothing happens I tried restarting but it just prompts the same questions everytime I try to open the tweaks option

Can anyone help me out here. Thanks so much...
    Have you tried following the steps listed here?
    I think that might have worked. Thanks...
    Thanks for this tutorial. I'm at the part where QuickInstall is telling me that Tweaking requires both GNU Patch and DiffStat. I clicked download and install, but after several minutes, the window just disappears. I never get a successful install message. I've tried going back to the menu and clicking 'Tweak' again, but it still says the patch and DiffStat needs to be installed.

Next, I thought I would be savvy and download the files myself and install them on the device. That gives me an error "Can not find package...check the spelling or perhaps runs 'ipkg update.'

Any ideas? Is it because I'm trying to install this on a Pixi?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    XP Home, ver. 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600, 32 bit, Palm Pre WebOS v1.4.0, followed instructions and trouble shooting completely.

I have previously had a working older version of WebOS Quick Install program installed but had to delete the program. Now I am having trouble reinstalling the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file v.3.01. Java has been updated, verified and reinstalled several times. I have also downloaded several other WebOS.jar files thinking the files were possibly corrupt. When I double-click onto the .jar file it will not launch, an error sounds but without displaying a error window. I have tried and retried everything I can possibly think to resolve. Would you have any ideas? Thanking you for your time.

Scorpiobo00
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvincik View Post
    Thanks for this tutorial. I'm at the part where QuickInstall is telling me that Tweaking requires both GNU Patch and DiffStat. I clicked download and install, but after several minutes, the window just disappears. I never get a successful install message. I've tried going back to the menu and clicking 'Tweak' again, but it still says the patch and DiffStat needs to be installed.

Next, I thought I would be savvy and download the files myself and install them on the device. That gives me an error "Can not find package...check the spelling or perhaps runs 'ipkg update.'

Any ideas? Is it because I'm trying to install this on a Pixi?
    Those file are different depending upon the phone being a Pixi or a Pre. The Pixi specific files are named...

org.webosinternals.lsdiff_0.3.1_armv6.ipk
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv6.ipk

So, if you are installing them manually, be sure you have the files whose names end in ...armv6.ipk.

Of course for any of this to work, your phone must be in Developer Mode and you should "reboot" the phone after the installation of the software e.g. by pressing and holding the power button until the reboot begins.

The steps for manually installing those files were referenced a couple messages prior to yours, so you may want to review those instructions to see if they match what you are doing.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiobo00 View Post
    XP Home, ver. 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600, 32 bit, Palm Pre WebOS v1.4.0, followed instructions and trouble shooting completely.

I have previously had a working older version of WebOS Quick Install program installed but had to delete the program. Now I am having trouble reinstalling the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file v.3.01. Java has been updated, verified and reinstalled several times. I have also downloaded several other WebOS.jar files thinking the files were possibly corrupt. When I double-click onto the .jar file it will not launch, an error sounds but without displaying a error window. I have tried and retried everything I can possibly think to resolve. Would you have any ideas? Thanking you for your time.

Scorpiobo00
    You can manually launch the program. Click Start then click Run... In the new dialog that popped up, enter cmd and then click OK. In the window that comes up, CD to the folder where you have webosquickinstall.jar and then issue the command:

java -jar webosquickinstall.jar

if your PC says it cannot find java - that means it is not in your environment variable, PATH. You can work around that by locating java by issuing the command:

ftype jarfile

which will respond with something like the following...

jarfile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

So, you would then issue the command, including the specific path to java:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar webosquickinstall.jar

The program may come up OK. If it does not, at least you will have a command console window up where you can check for any error messages.
  14. arg
    So my problem is an odd one.

I launch the Quick Install Jar file and it prompts me to download the Doctor file. When I do that it give me an error it is unable to load webos doctor url. Any suggestions?
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by arg View Post
    So my problem is an odd one.

I launch the Quick Install Jar file and it prompts me to download the Doctor file. When I do that it give me an error it is unable to load webos doctor url. Any suggestions?
    You can download the WebOS Doctor file for you phone from this link.

Once you have it on your pc, put it into the folder with WebOS Quick Install and rename it to webosdoctor.jar. Next time you start WebOS Quick Install, it will no longer prompt to download the doctor file.
    hey i just downloaded the WebOS Quick Install and i want to add themes to my phone, but everytime i click on load theme, it says (Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place)
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by BREAD_90 View Post
    hey i just downloaded the WebOS Quick Install and i want to add themes to my phone, but everytime i click on load theme, it says (Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place)
    That is the expected response. Please read this message from Jason, which contains his most recent response regarding theming and its anticipated reappearance in version 3.1 of WebOS Q I.

I believe - though I have no personal experience - that you can still work with themes using Preware.
    I got through the whole installation, but when I go to Tools, hit tweaks, I get the GNU patch installation and nothing happens when I try to install it. I have restarted Quick Install and when I go back to tweaks I get the same GNU patch window and nothing downloads to let me get into tweaks. Any body have any input on this?
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by jledbet View Post
    I got through the whole installation, but when I go to Tools, hit tweaks, I get the GNU patch installation and nothing happens when I try to install it. I have restarted Quick Install and when I go back to tweaks I get the same GNU patch window and nothing downloads to let me get into tweaks. Any body have any input on this?
    Have you tried the steps listed here?
    Can someone send me the link to Webos Quick Install.. it seems like i am having problems trying to find it. Thanks