Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 264
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dogs View Post
    Hi, I'm having a problem getting my Pre connected to the WebOS Quick Install software. When I try to connect the pre I get an error msg. "Please connect your device and hit OK" then "ERROR No device detected."

    Here is what I've do so far (did all this before installing WebOS Quick Install:
    updated Java
    put Pre in developer mode
    checked to see if Novacom is running (per your instructions--it is)

    Don't know what else to do?
    Hope you can help. Here is my email address: tracy.martin@yahoo.com
    You didn't mention your PC operating system - if Windows, connect your Pre to the PC and see if you can see it as a USB drive. If not, there may be something wrong with the cable or the USB port on the PC. You should try other ports. Be sure to use one directly on the PC - not one on a hub attached to the PC.
  2. #142  
    Cannot get into developer mode with the palm pre plus..
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by scallahan View Post
    Cannot get into developer mode with the palm pre plus..
    You didn't mention what you have tried - but please try this...

    Bring up your Pre with only the "launch pad" showing - nothing else can be running - no cards at all. Slide open the keyboard and begin typing:

    webos20090606

    At the time you type the last "6", the Developer Mode Enabler icon should be displayed. Tap the icon and change the "switch" from "off" to "on".
  4. #144  
    Im getting these errors -
    Ive rebooted, restarted novacom and nothing is working, cant even get a theme to load completely and cant revert to the default because its jacked up. Can any one please advise ?!??!?!


    Thanks in advance!

    ( errors on the tweaks below )

    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmpipkgScript.sh

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/Isdiff: not found

    ERROR: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/Lsdiff
  5. #145  
    Ok so I just install the WebOS Quick Install and everything else installed fine but when I started to go through the getting started pdf, I went to the tweak option and it asked me if I wanted to install the two patches and I clicked on yes and I waited for a minute and one window came up and said that one of the patches had been download and installed. So I waited so more and the second one didn't pop up a window that said the other patch had been downloaded and installed, and so every time I go to the tweak option it asks me the same thing. What should I do I'm stuck.

    Palm Pixi Plus
    Windows XP service pack 3
  6. #146  
    This is my first attempting at tweaking my phone. WOSQI installed with no issues, Novacom is working fine, and my device (Pixi) is visible in WOSQI. The device is in Developer Mode.

    When I click TWEAKS I get the Required Component Missing dialogue box and click YES then OK and nothing happens. I've waited for quite awhile and still cannot access the TWEAKS.

    Every time I click it I get the same dialogue.

    Any ideas?
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by albion View Post
    Ok so I just install the WebOS Quick Install and everything else installed fine but when I started to go through the getting started pdf, I went to the tweak option and it asked me if I wanted to install the two patches and I clicked on yes and I waited for a minute and one window came up and said that one of the patches had been download and installed. So I waited so more and the second one didn't pop up a window that said the other patch had been downloaded and installed, and so every time I go to the tweak option it asks me the same thing. What should I do I'm stuck.

    Palm Pixi Plus
    Windows XP service pack 3
    Never mind I figured it out. But thanks for all of the info.
  8. #148  
    Well I have another question to ask when I try to install a theme on my pixi plus it gives me a message "Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place." What does this mean?
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Sorry, I know very little about a MAC so I will not be able to offer much help.

    Sounds like you DID get WebOS Quick Install to run. If so, please click on the main menu, File and then click Options. Locate the button marked, "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" and click it. Perhaps that will get Novacom going for you.
    Thanks. i tried, but couldn't find 'option' under file. im going to try re-installing it.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    Im getting these errors -
    Ive rebooted, restarted novacom and nothing is working, cant even get a theme to load completely and cant revert to the default because its jacked up. Can any one please advise ?!??!?!


    Thanks in advance!

    ( errors on the tweaks below )

    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmpipkgScript.sh

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages.postinst: line 24: /var/usr/bin/Isdiff: not found

    ERROR: Cannot find /var/usr/bin/Lsdiff
    There is no theme support in WebOS Quick Install 3.01. Jason has stated that we can expect that to return with version 3.1. I believe the intent is to switch to ipk-based themes in the near future. Themes have become a bit problematic due to their size. I believe it may be possible to use Preware to work with themes in the meantime.

    The missing LSDIFF shown in the error message CAN be installed using WebOS Quick Install. Just click on the downward pointing blue arrow at the right side of the dialog to bring up the repositories list. Click the repository drop-down (arrow at the upper-right of the dialog) and select WebOS Internals feed appropriate for your phone, then scroll down and select lsdiff for installation. The utility will be downloaded to your PC and listed in the files to install section of the WebOS Quick Install dialog. Click the install button and then try the launcher enable add-delete pages patch again.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by on3lung View Post
    This is my first attempting at tweaking my phone. WOSQI installed with no issues, Novacom is working fine, and my device (Pixi) is visible in WOSQI. The device is in Developer Mode.

    When I click TWEAKS I get the Required Component Missing dialogue box and click YES then OK and nothing happens. I've waited for quite awhile and still cannot access the TWEAKS.

    Every time I click it I get the same dialogue.

    Any ideas?
    I would first try rebooting both your phone and your PC. If you still cannot get the required utilities to install, they CAN be downloaded from the repositories and installed using WebOS Quick Install. Select the WebOS Internals (Pixi) and then select: Diffstat, GNU Patch and lsdiff and then click Download. You will see them download to your PC and listed in WebOS Quick Install's "Files to Install". Click the Install button and they will be added to your phone. Once that is done, you can then try to access the Tweaks section again.
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by albion View Post
    Well I have another question to ask when I try to install a theme on my pixi plus it gives me a message "Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place." What does this mean?
    Themes may be a bit problematic currently. WebOS Quick Install does not currently include support for themes. Jason has stated that will return in version 3.1. I believe the intention is to rework them from zip files to ipk-based themes. Meantime, you may be able to work with themes via Preware, which you can install using WebOS Quick Install.
  13. #153  
    Ok, so i re-sintalled everything and BOOM, it works. GREAT!!! i did the first 'test' patch, which was the Apple interface thing, just like the screen said. Phone goes off, comes on, and it's there. awesome. works perfect.
    So i scroll thru my text messages, realize im not too fond of that patch, because the text is ultra small, so i hook it back up so i can remove it, plus add the LED notification and hopefully, the on-screen keyboard. BUT, now when i connect it, hit the 'blue arrow' it says "device not connected, please connect an hit ok". But it is connected.
    SO after a few times, i take the bait, and i disconnect and reconnect. even restarted my Mac. still....same thing. please help. Sorry for being a pest.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    There is no theme support in WebOS Quick Install 3.01. Jason has stated that we can expect that to return with version 3.1. I believe the intent is to switch to ipk-based themes in the near future. Themes have become a bit problematic due to their size. I believe it may be possible to use Preware to work with themes in the meantime.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

    So do you recommend that I wait for version 3.1 before trying to install themes? I get an error message stating theming is currently disabled until a new specification is in place. Until I read this msg of yours, I was going insane trying to figure out what the hell was wrong . Tweaks seem to work fine.

    Looking forward to v 3.1!

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Stondimaql8; 02/09/2010 at 12:29 AM.
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stondimaql8 View Post
    ____________________________________________________________________________

    So do you recommend that I wait for version 3.1 before trying to install themes? I get an error message stating theming is currently disabled until a new specification is in place. Until I read this msg of yours, I was going insane trying to figure out what the hell was wrong . Tweaks seem to work fine.

    Looking forward to v 3.1!

    Thanks!
    Yes, in the Changelog for WebOS Quick Install, Jason has stated that as of version 3 (and continuing in 3.01) "- themer temporarily disabled".

    Sorry, I don't have much experience with using themes on the phone. But my understanding is that you can still apply themes using Preware.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Traicarlisle View Post
    Ok, so i re-sintalled everything and BOOM, it works. GREAT!!! i did the first 'test' patch, which was the Apple interface thing, just like the screen said. Phone goes off, comes on, and it's there. awesome. works perfect.
    So i scroll thru my text messages, realize im not too fond of that patch, because the text is ultra small, so i hook it back up so i can remove it, plus add the LED notification and hopefully, the on-screen keyboard. BUT, now when i connect it, hit the 'blue arrow' it says "device not connected, please connect an hit ok". But it is connected.
    SO after a few times, i take the bait, and i disconnect and reconnect. even restarted my Mac. still....same thing. please help. Sorry for being a pest.
    Did you also try "rebooting" your phone?
  17. #157  
    When do you need to have the phone in developer mode, can you have it off when your installing patches, homebrew apps. Or should you have it on all the time?
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by albion View Post
    When do you need to have the phone in developer mode, can you have it off when your installing patches, homebrew apps. Or should you have it on all the time?
    Most experts recommend that developer mode be on only when you are installing patches or homebrew apps. At least that way, YOU know what has been added to the phone. If you leave developer mode on all the time, as many of us do, presumably some sharp programmer could seize rf access to your phone from a nearby setup and apply unintended changes to your phone.
  19. wessock's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #159  
    Maybe I missed it in the pdf guides, but I have a question about firmware updates since 1.4 should be coming soon. Before, I know you had to uninstall all of your patches and tweaks before you did an OTA update to the phone's firmware, but with WebOS Quick Install 3.01 it says you don't have to. I only started patching since 3.01 came out so maybe I missed the chatter on how firmware updates are handled now. So does this mean when my pre tells me that 1.4 is available for download, I can just click the update button on my phone and not worry about it, or do I have to do something special?
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Maybe I missed it in the pdf guides, but I have a question about firmware updates since 1.4 should be coming soon. Before, I know you had to uninstall all of your patches and tweaks before you did an OTA update to the phone's firmware, but with WebOS Quick Install 3.01 it says you don't have to. I only started patching since 3.01 came out so maybe I missed the chatter on how firmware updates are handled now. So does this mean when my pre tells me that 1.4 is available for download, I can just click the update button on my phone and not worry about it, or do I have to do something special?
    I am definitely not the expert on this topic. My understanding is the same as yours. I do not plan to do anything special with regard to the coming WebOS update. I will leave all my patches and tweaks in place. I guess we may have to go through one before we really know the outcome - but I believe the experts have modified the way patches and tweaks are handled. This is designed to relieve us from having to remove them all, update the WebOS and then reinstall all of them to get back to where we were before the update. I believe this is a feature of patches and tweaks that many have really been looking forward to.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions