Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy48 View Post
    Does this help? in quick install everything works except for the "ipkg repository viewer" Under "tool's" device management show all the right info about my device.
    OK - I agree all is working and I have so far not assisted you in making any progress on the actual problem you are having. Let me try to find out the actual link to one of the repositories and see if you can access that directly with your web browser. Which one do you use IE or Firefox or another?

I believe this is the link to the WebOS Internals feed for "all" packages. Please use your web browser to see if you can reach this site and report your results.
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 01/06/2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Added link to the WebOS Internals packages feed
    Based on advice from a similar thread, I did the partial erase followed by the webOS Doctor for 1.3.5. It all worked fine from my laptop and my Pre is happy again. My reinstalled tweeks, apps and patches all work great, but now I see that my desktop machine's latest version of WebOS Quick Install (2.96) can't see my Pre on the "just charge setting". The USB setting works fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the novacom drivers, but still no luck yet.

The laptop is running XP and the unhappy desktop is running Vista 64.
    Last edited by paulgallaher; 01/06/2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Operating System update
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgallaher View Post
    Based on advice from a similar thread, I did the partial erase followed by the webOS Doctor for 1.3.5. It all worked fine from my laptop and my Pre is happy again. My reinstalled tweeks, apps and patches all work great, but now I see that my desktop machine's latest version of WebOS Quick Install (2.96) can't see my Pre on the "just charge setting". The USB setting works fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the novacom drivers, but still no luck yet.

The laptop is running XP and the unhappy desktop is running Vista 64.
    I believe that whenever you use the WebOS Doctor on your Pre, the Developer Mode Enabler resets Developer Mode to OFF. Please bring that up again by typing webos20090606 and check to see if it is on. I think you will experience the problem you describe if it is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    OK - I agree all is working and I have so far not assisted you in making any progress on the actual problem you are having. Let me try to find out the actual link to one of the repositories and see if you can access that directly with your web browser. Which one do you use IE or Firefox or another?

I believe this is the link to the WebOS Internals feed for "all" packages. Please use your web browser to see if you can reach this site and report your results.
    ok found the site. so what would be the next step.Can i uninstall and reinstall prewere from this site?
  5.    #105  
    ok found the site. so what would be the next step.Can i uninstall and reinstall prewere from this site?
    Well, if you currently have Preware already installed on your Pre, you could use Preware to upgrade itself. You could also use WebOS Quick Install's Device Management tool to locate the Package Manager Service and Preware, check their boxes and then click Uninstall.

You can certainly install Preware from that site. You just download these files to your PC...

org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.29_all.ipk
    org.webosinternals.preware_0.9.12_all.ipk

And then either drag-n-drop them onto WebOS Quick Install or use it to browse to the files and add them (File->Add File...) as another way to get them into the tool. Once you see them in the "Files to install" section of WebOS Quick Install, you just click the install button to transfer them to your Pre.

I guess the remaining mystery for me is to understand why you can get to the site using your web browser, yet you cannot get to the same site using WebOS Quick Install's repository viewer.

In any case, perhaps this method will at least give you a way to get the desired software onto your Pre.

I have sent a message to Jason, asking if he has further troubleshooting suggestions.
    i will give it a go and thank you so much for your time! would you mind showing me where to uninstall package manager service and preware in "device mangement tool" is?
  7.    #107  
    i will give it a go and thank you so much for your time! would you mind showing me where to uninstall package manager service and preware in "device mangement tool" is?
    Bring up Device Management by clicking Tools on the WebOS Quick Install main menu and then selecting it in the drop-down menu. Once it comes up, scroll the list under the "User-Installed Content" with Applications selected until you find the two items...

Next, you just click the checkboxes at the end of Package Manager Service and Preware and then click the Uninstall button to remove them.
    ok something is mixed up. when i click on applications my patches come up and when i switch to "patches" nothing comes up..and this is under quick install "device mang. installed user content..
  9.    #109  
    ok something is mixed up. when i click on applications my patches come up and when i switch to "patches" nothing comes up..and this is under quick install "device mang. installed user content..
    Have you done a complete reset recently? Meaning press and hold the power button until you get a prompt for a reset. This step WILL NOT remove any software or any personal data - it is equivalent to a PC reboot.
    Once you have done that, test the Device Management screen again for a list of your applications. If that list is still goofed up, then sorry to say but...

I believe it is time for a "full erase" followed by a run of the WebOS Doctor - or take your replacement phone back to Sprint for another replacement. But, you will have to doctor it anyway before doing that - my understanding is that they will not accept a phone that has software other than what is on there when it was "delivered from the factory".

The reason I recommend the "full erase" is that the newer versions of WebOS Doctor starting at least with 1.3.5, possibly earlier, do not completely restore the phone to factory original. The USB drive is saved and maybe other things.

Of course if you have data on the phone that you want to keep, you will have to get that off there first.
    Quote Originally Posted by chulen View Post
    Its probably a bad usb port on phone, i have had trouble with oem car chargers. I also tries to connect to the quick install if constant pressure is applied to the phone usb. Will be taking it back to sprint store.
    i think i have the same problem it used to work then all of sudden it will not connect with the quick installer. usb mode works, and media sync work only the install says "no device found" iv tried every thing too.. using windows 7
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by nnichols66 View Post
    i think i have the same problem it used to work then all of sudden it will not connect with the quick installer. usb mode works, and media sync work only the install says "no device found" iv tried every thing too.. using windows 7
    Sounds like you are pretty close. If USB mode works, that proves your phone's USB port, the cable and the port on your computer are ALL working fine.

The most likely cause of the problem is that your phone is not in Developer Mode. With no cards open or anything else running on the phone, slide open the keyboard and type...

webos20090606

Click the Developer Mode icon and make sure the switch is in the ON position. If it is, then please run the following test for Novacom...

Bring up a command console window by clicking the Start button then type cmd and press enter. Enter the following command into the window that just popped up...

sc query novacomd

Check the output of that command looking for the line that starts with STATE. The state should be RUNNING.

Let me know your results.
    Quick question-
    I had tweaks and homebrew apps installed before 1.3.5. When I updated the phone, all the original settings were restored (I expected that) but new apps wouldn't install correctly. They would download to the launcher, but fail to run. So I tried to open WebOSQuickInstall to bring the old tweaks back and the program freezes once I click any of the options. I can open QuickInstall and open "About", "Add File"- Basically anything that doesn't actually communicate with the Pre with no issue. Once I try "Tweaks" or "Device Management", QuickInstall freezes and I have to end the program. I looked through here and the forums and tried to do the "Attempt Novacom Reinstallation" with no luck- QuickInstall freezes again. I also read above and checked the status of Novacom through the command line and it says it is running fine.
    Then I said screw it, I will run WebOSDoctor and start over (I have done so in the past with no issue) and that process wont go past 4%, no matter how long I give it. Any suggestions? I would really like to get the tweaks and home brew apps back!
    Thanks for the help and the tutorials
    Oh and I forgot- Developer Mode is enabled, as well
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Bishop View Post
    Quick question-
    I had tweaks and homebrew apps installed before 1.3.5. When I updated the phone, all the original settings were restored (I expected that) but new apps wouldn't install correctly. They would download to the launcher, but fail to run. So I tried to open WebOSQuickInstall to bring the old tweaks back and the program freezes once I click any of the options. I can open QuickInstall and open "About", "Add File"- Basically anything that doesn't actually communicate with the Pre with no issue. Once I try "Tweaks" or "Device Management", QuickInstall freezes and I have to end the program. I looked through here and the forums and tried to do the "Attempt Novacom Reinstallation" with no luck- QuickInstall freezes again. I also read above and checked the status of Novacom through the command line and it says it is running fine.
    Then I said screw it, I will run WebOSDoctor and start over (I have done so in the past with no issue) and that process wont go past 4%, no matter how long I give it. Any suggestions? I would really like to get the tweaks and home brew apps back!
    Thanks for the help and the tutorials
    My understanding is that if WebOS Doctor will not work on your phone, your only remaining option is a replacement.
    is there a Novacom Uninstaller? I sure would like to attempt uninstall/re-install of Novacom. (OSX 10.6.2) Mac for me_ but I'm reading here Win7, XP are alsohaving trouble with 1.3.5 losing tthe novacom connection. Frustrating!
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpetersen View Post
    is there a Novacom Uninstaller? I sure would like to attempt uninstall/re-install of Novacom. (OSX 10.6.2) Mac for me_ but I'm reading here Win7, XP are alsohaving trouble with 1.3.5 losing tthe novacom connection. Frustrating!
    Sorry, I am not very familiar with the MAC operating system, but my understanding is that you just select it in the Applications folder on your hard drive and drag it to the trash.

WebOS Quick Install also has a selection under File->Options to "
    Attempt Novacom (re)installation". I believe that does remove the software first, then reinstall it after.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have a jar file that I want to install on my Pre. Any idea how this can be done? Thanks!
    Last edited by Betsysimma; 01/23/2010 at 10:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    my repository viewer button does nothing when i click on it.. I have webOSDR, web quick install opens fine. New Pre 1.3.5..Nothing installed on the pre yet. dev mode on just charge.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    clicked on unistall reinstall novacmd and now it's all good!
    Tried installing and using WebOSQuickInstall several times and can never get it to see my phone. I am using Windows Vista home edition. I have checked that NovCom is running by going to cmd mode and using sc query novacomd. It's says the state is running. Any help? I have put the pre in developer mode.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast