Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Ok someone pls help me! I already downloaded the webos but when it is downloading it says i need the webdoctor so i downloaded the webdoctor and d java so then i try d webos again and it askes me to download the webdoctor but i already did what do i do help me!!!
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinabev View Post
    its not that version its 2.82,so not sure if I should proceed any further.I clicked on linux command line just to see and something different comes up.First I get an error message saying Error2: No return code found in stream from file:///bin/mount.
    In the box it says root@castle:
    Well, I am concerned about the error message. But, go ahead and try the commands anyway. Are you able to see a directory listing of the photos when you enter the command as...

ls /media/internal/DCIM/100PALM

What results to you get when you do that? If the results are not as expected, try the same thing with your good Pre and see if that works better.

We are still not certain as to the exact conditions of the Pre with the broken screen. So at present we are just trying to determine what we might accomplish.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by chelly17 View Post
    Ok someone pls help me! I already downloaded the webos but when it is downloading it says i need the webdoctor so i downloaded the webdoctor and d java so then i try d webos again and it askes me to download the webdoctor but i already did what do i do help me!!!
    When you download the WebOS Doctor file manually, it has a different name than WebOS Quick Install expects to find in the same folder as itself. If you first rename that file to webosdoctor.jar and then try running WebOS Quick Install, it should not ask to download the doctor file again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    Well, I am concerned about the error message. But, go ahead and try the commands anyway. Are you able to see a directory listing of the photos when you enter the command as...

ls /media/internal/DCIM/100PALM

What results to you get when you do that? If the results are not as expected, try the same thing with your good Pre and see if that works better.

We are still not certain as to the exact conditions of the Pre with the broken screen. So at present we are just trying to determine what we might accomplish.
    Hi,now when I click linux commandline it highlights & then it just freezes up.it was doing that yesterday after I tried again and I have to restart computer because it also won't close out
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinabev View Post
    Hi,now when I click linux commandline it highlights & then it just freezes up.it was doing that yesterday after I tried again and I have to restart computer because it also won't close out
    Well, you may wish to download the current version of webosquickinstall.jar and replace the one you are using. I don't know that that will correct the problem but it would be good for you to be using the current version of the software.
    Hello, i hope i'm in the right place. I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall prewere.When i click on the blue arrow nothing happens, i have seen prewere there in the past. I have the latest verson of quick install,installed, dev on,web dr. and so on..thanks for the help!
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy48 View Post
    Hello, i hope i'm in the right place. I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall prewere.When i click on the blue arrow nothing happens, i have seen prewere there in the past. I have the latest verson of quick install,installed, dev on,web dr. and so on..thanks for the help!
    Yes, the blue arrow (IPKG Repository Viewer) is the right place. You do also need to click on the down arrow to select the appropriate repository...

Then you will be able to select the Package Manager Service and Preware...

Thank you for the reply! i have seen that in the past,but now nothing happens when i click on the (ipkd repository viewer),
  9.    #89  
    Thank you for the reply! i have seen that in the past,but now nothing happens when i click on the (ipkd repository viewer),
    Hmmm. Well, you DO need an active Internet connection in order for that to work. Are you able to reach other web sites e.g. Google? If so, and the button still does not work, I would reboot the PC and then check again. If it was working once, it seems likely that it should continue to do so.
    Thank you again for your time, tried everything,nothing works....think i might start over. what should i do first?
  11.    #91  
    Thank you again for your time, tried everything,nothing works....think i might start over. what should i do first?
    My reading of your other posts made me realize that I do not know what operating system you are running on your PC. If it is Windows, about the only thing that you could actually uninstall and start over with would be Novacom. I guess you could delete the two .jar files and download fresh copies - but you just did that a day or so ago.

In WebOS Quick Install under File->Options, you will find a button marked "Attempt Novacom (re)installation. Please try that first. If that results in no change in performance, let's just confirm that it is working. Again, assuming you are on windows, bring up a command prompt and enter the following into that new window...

sc query novacomd

Check the line labeled STATE for RUNNING.

While you are there please also enter the following command to verify your Java version...

java -version

and let me know what that indicates.

After that if you still have trouble, I will try to come up with some more ideas as to why you may not see the repositories.
    windows xp, clicked on "attempt novacom (re)install and got a (system removed)
  13.    #93  
    windows xp, clicked on "attempt novacom (re)install and got a (system removed)
    Well, it may say that. In other words, it probably does stop the service, remove it and then reinstall it. Did you run the two commands? I mentioned in my previous message?

Also, I am wondering if you are attempting this from a computer at work (behind a corporate firewall)?
    no corporate firewall, i will try to run the cammands again. its must be something simple, i will read your install guide again...and try not to bug you, and your help is appreciated!
    My reading of your other posts made me realize that I do not know what operating system you are running on your PC. If it is Windows, about the only thing that you could actually uninstall and start over with would be Novacom. I guess you could delete the two .jar files and download fresh copies - but you just did that a day or so ago.

In WebOS Quick Install under File->Options, you will find a button marked "Attempt Novacom (re)installation. Please try that first. If that results in no change in performance, let's just confirm that it is working. Again, assuming you are on windows, bring up a command prompt and enter the following into that new window...

sc query novacomd

Check the line labeled STATE for RUNNING.

While you are there please also enter the following command to verify your Java version...

java -version

and let me know what that indicates.

After that if you still have trouble, I will try to come up with some more ideas as to why you may not see the repositories.
    java version 1.6.0_17
    When i plug my phone in,tap (just charge), the "found new hardwere palm novacom" does not pop up in the system tray,also I'm using a new cable,tried every usb port.. the novacom state is running..whats the missing link?
  17.    #97  
    When i plug my phone in,tap (just charge), the "found new hardwere palm novacom" does not pop up in the system tray,also I'm using a new cable,tried every usb port.. the novacom state is running..whats the missing link?
    I am not certain that you would normally see those messages except when first setting up the Pre to connect with your PC. Once the driver is installed, I am not certain those messages continue to be displayed on every connection of the phone to your computer. My memory could be bad. I have been running Windows 7 for some time now.

Thank-you for checking Novacom and Java. Your results appear to be OK.

Are you able to see the phone as a USB drive on your computer? If not, there is something wrong with the cable or the port. You must use a port directly connected to your PC. A secondary, meaning connected via usb cable, set of ports will not work. Have you tried the cable that came with the phone (the one normally connected to the phone's charger)?

If you CAN see the phone as a USB drive on your computer, then the phone is not in Developer mode. You can check that (with no cards displayed or anything running) by typing webos20090606 and then tapping the Developer Mode Enabler icon that pops up.
    Last edited by MortiseMaker; 01/06/2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Corrected typo
    Hey there,typed it in but get error message saying ERROR 5 CONNECTION REFUSED:CONNECT,but it also doesn't say what its suppose to say in there either,it says root@castle: instead of root@palm-webos-device:
    Should I update webos and whats the best way to do it & get rid of old?
    I am not certain that you would normally see those messages except when first setting up the Pre to connect with your PC. Once the driver is installed, I am not certain those messages continue to be displayed on every connection of the phone to your computer. My memory could be bad. I have been running Windows 7 for some time now.

Thank-you for checking Novacom and Java. Your results appear to be OK.

Are you able to see the phone as a USB drive on your computer? If not, there is something wrong with the cable or the port. You must use a port directly connected to your PC. A secondary, meaning connected via usb cable, set of ports will not work. Have you tried the cable that came with the phone (the one normally connected to the phone's charger)?

If you CAN see the phone as a USB drive on your computer, then the phone is not in Developer mode. You can check that (with no cards displayed or anything running) by typing webos20090606 and then tapping the Developer Mode Enabler icon that pops up.
    are you talking about (safely remove hardwere) "palm novacom, usb mass storage device"? and for the cable its stock, and dev in on..
    Does this help? in quick install everything works except for the "ipkg repository viewer" Under "tool's" device management show all the right info about my device.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast