Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 264
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #221  
    Is there a new webos I should try & can you send me link with directions as to how to update without doctoring so I don't lose data.I have original software on pre so can't do the orange,sym U FiX. Downloaded java & still have old pre file with webos in it & webos dr,but don't know what to do when little box pops up
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by tinabev View Post
    Is there a new webos I should try & can you send me link with directions as to how to update without doctoring so I don't lose data.I have original software on pre so can't do the orange,sym U FiX. Downloaded java & still have old pre file with webos in it & webos dr,but don't know what to do when little box pops up
    The current version (3.14) of Jason's WebOS QuickInstall can be found here When you run it, it WILL prompt you to download the current version of the WebOS Doctor for your phone. Downloading the WebOS Doctor file is not the same as doctoring your phone. The WebOS Doctor file must be present in the same folder as Jason's program in order for it to be able to communicate with your phone.

    The instructions for the procedure have not changed much from the version that I documented in the attachements to message 1 in this forum, so please just refer to them.

    You should be able to type UPDATES on your phone's keyboard and then press the return key to start the update process. If your phone was not already connected to a wifi network before the screen broke - I don't know if you will be able to connect without use of the screen.

    My guess is you are down to the only remaining thing to try is doctoring the phone - and YES, there is a risk that will wipe the pictures you are trying to recover. Recent versions of the doctor DO NOT wipe them out - but in your case, the version you are attempting to upgrade from is so old - that I have no idea what may happen.
  3. levan53's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #223  
    I, too, cannot get webOSQuickInstall to see my phone. QuickInstall works fine downloading, but when I hit "Install" I get the dreaded "ERROR: device not found".
    I'm running WINXP Pro x64 v.2003 SP2. Phone is AT&T Palm Pre Plus running version 1.4.5.
    I have read and followed Jason's troubleshooting guide.
    I have downloaded all most recent versions of QuickInstall & Java. Java has been verified. The Java is the 32-bit version as the 64-bit version would only result in QuickInstall freezing my computer.
    Phone is in Dev Mode and Just Charging. Novacmd is up and running. I am using the OEM USB cord. I have restarted both Pre & computer.
    Perhaps I'm not doing things in the right order?
    Using the OEM cord in USB mode, transferring data works fine. Is there any other way to check that the OEM cord is working properly for QuickInstall?
    As I know you've gone through this a zillion times, if you can direct me to the proper post(s) I would be much obliged. Thanks.
  4. levan53's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #224  
    In cmd, I get these results:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Robin>sc query novacomd

    SERVICE_NAME: novacomd
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN))
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    C:\Documents and Settings\Robin>java -version
    'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

    Java doesn't appear in my Control Panel, but a folder, Java, is located in Program Files (x86)
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by levan53 View Post
    In cmd, I get these results:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Robin>sc query novacomd

    SERVICE_NAME: novacomd
    TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
    STATE : 4 RUNNING
    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN))
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    C:\Documents and Settings\Robin>java -version
    'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

    Java doesn't appear in my Control Panel, but a folder, Java, is located in Program Files (x86)
    I am responding to both this and your previous message. Novacomd is running fine. You are able to transfer files via USB. java -version not working may be resolved by just adding a phrase to your PATH so Windows can locate the executable file e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin. Seems some systems need this - others don't. I personally do not have any experience with XP 64-bit - but I DO agree that the 32-bit version of Java seems to work better.

    So, Dev Mode, of course, can be the cause of this problem. Be sure to check it after rebooting the phone - I think that may turn Dev Mode back off.

    It is not clear to me that you DID get WebOSQuickInstall running. The app should come up even without the Pre connected. Of course, after that you must have communication with the Pre to do anything else.

    I trust that you have already tried pretty much all the other USB ports on your computer. Even though one or more may work for transferring files via USB mode - others have reported troubles and found that only some ports are completely successful.

    I hope something I have said here helps - but frankly, you seem to have been pretty thorough in your troubleshooting.
  6. #226  
    please help!!!


    I have tried everything to get this to work but to no avail. I have downloaded java but it is still coming up as 'not recognized' and i cannot open webOSquickinstall.

    i have a Sprint Pre

    Windows 7 Home Premium.

    I cant figure it out and i am going crazy with all the reading and not being able to open it...

    thanks,
    Jesse
  7. #227  
    i did just find this....


    #
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x65605a2c, pid=5552, tid=3600
    #
    # JRE version: 6.0_22-b04
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.1-b03 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [d3d9.dll+0x25a2c]
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error Reporting Page
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #

    --------------- T H R E A D ---------------

    Current thread (0x02427000): JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=3600, stack(0x04d50000,0x04da0000)]

    siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000008

    Registers:
    EAX=0x057b5d80, EBX=0x00000000, ECX=0x00000000, EDX=0x00000000
    ESP=0x04d9f924, EBP=0x04d9f934, ESI=0x00000003, EDI=0x00000001
    EIP=0x65605a2c, EFLAGS=0x00010216

    Top of Stack: (sp=0x04d9f924)
    0x04d9f924: 057aede4 00000011 00000000 00000000
    0x04d9f934: 04d9f950 656429ec 05830a20 057b5d40
    0x04d9f944: 0582e160 00000000 00000000 04d9f96c
    0x04d9f954: 65605b65 0582e160 00000000 00000000
    0x04d9f964: 00000000 00000000 04d9f9e0 65605ae9
    0x04d9f974: 0582e160 5fc93fb9 057e5340 057b1dc0
    0x04d9f984: 00000004 00000000 000000c0 000000c0
    0x04d9f994: 04d9f9c1 00000001 00000000 057b5d40

    Instructions: (pc=0x65605a2c)
    0x65605a1c: 90 8b ff 55 8b ec 83 ec 0c 53 89 4d fc 8b 5d fc
    0x65605a2c: 8b 53 08 c1 e2 1f 8b 03 8b c8 d1 e8 0b d0 89 55


    Stack: [0x04d50000,0x04da0000], sp=0x04d9f924, free space=13e04d9f408k
    Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
    C [d3d9.dll+0x25a2c]
    C [d3d9.dll+0x629ec]
    C [d3d9.dll+0x25b65]
    C [d3d9.dll+0x25ae9]
    C [d3d9.dll+0x237e4]
    C [d3d9.dll+0x2370b]

    Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
    j sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop()V+0
    j sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run()V+52
    j java.lang.Thread.run()V+11
    v ~StubRoutines::call_stub

    --------------- P R O C E S S ---------------

    Java Threads: ( => current thread )
    0x04e5b000 JavaThread "Thread-1" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=5616, stack(0x05220000,0x05270000)]
    0x0241d800 JavaThread "Keep-Alive-Timer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4456, stack(0x05070000,0x050c0000)]
    0x04ec3400 JavaThread "TimerQueue" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4564, stack(0x071c0000,0x07210000)]
    0x02352400 JavaThread "DestroyJavaVM" [_thread_blocked, id=5604, stack(0x00230000,0x00280000)]
    0x02442000 JavaThread "AWT-EventQueue-0" [_thread_blocked, id=5628, stack(0x04de0000,0x04e30000)]
    =>0x02427000 JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=3600, stack(0x04d50000,0x04da0000)]
    0x02426800 JavaThread "AWT-Shutdown" [_thread_blocked, id=6068, stack(0x04c60000,0x04cb0000)]
    0x02422400 JavaThread "Java2D Disposer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=6016, stack(0x04c10000,0x04c60000)]
    0x02392400 JavaThread "Low Memory Detector" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=6092, stack(0x04900000,0x04950000)]
    0x02385000 JavaThread "CompilerThread0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4040, stack(0x04870000,0x048c0000)]
    0x02384000 JavaThread "Attach Listener" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4396, stack(0x047e0000,0x04830000)]
    0x0237ec00 JavaThread "Signal Dispatcher" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=5880, stack(0x04750000,0x047a0000)]
    0x0237bc00 JavaThread "Finalizer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=4620, stack(0x046c0000,0x04710000)]
    0x02376c00 JavaThread "Reference Handler" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=2672, stack(0x04630000,0x04680000)]

    Other Threads:
    0x02375400 VMThread [stack: 0x045a0000,0x045f0000] [id=4376]
    0x02394000 WatcherThread [stack: 0x04990000,0x049e0000] [id=5420]

    VM state:not at safepoint (normal execution)

    VM Mutex/Monitor currently owned by a thread: None

    Heap
    def new generation total 4992K, used 349K [0x24560000, 0x24ac0000, 0x29ab0000)
    eden space 4480K, 7% used [0x24560000, 0x245b7428, 0x249c0000)
    from space 512K, 0% used [0x249c0000, 0x249c0000, 0x24a40000)
    to space 512K, 0% used [0x24a40000, 0x24a40000, 0x24ac0000)
    tenured generation total 10944K, used 1828K [0x29ab0000, 0x2a560000, 0x34560000)
    the space 10944K, 16% used [0x29ab0000, 0x29c79220, 0x29c79400, 0x2a560000)
    compacting perm gen total 12288K, used 2709K [0x34560000, 0x35160000, 0x38560000)
    the space 12288K, 22% used [0x34560000, 0x34805440, 0x34805600, 0x35160000)
    ro space 10240K, 51% used [0x38560000, 0x38a8baf8, 0x38a8bc00, 0x38f60000)
    rw space 12288K, 54% used [0x38f60000, 0x395f76d8, 0x395f7800, 0x39b60000)

    Dynamic libraries:
    0x00400000 - 0x00424000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
    0x779d0000 - 0x77b50000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    0x77230000 - 0x77330000 C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
    0x75c50000 - 0x75c96000 C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    0x755b0000 - 0x75650000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ADVAPI32.dll
    0x76450000 - 0x764fc000 C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
    0x77330000 - 0x77349000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
    0x76360000 - 0x76450000 C:\Windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
    0x75540000 - 0x755a0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SspiCli.dll
    0x75530000 - 0x7553c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPTBASE.dll
    0x758b0000 - 0x759b0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USER32.dll
    0x75820000 - 0x758b0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll
    0x77180000 - 0x7718a000 C:\Windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
    0x762c0000 - 0x7635d000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USP10.dll
    0x75ca0000 - 0x75d00000 C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
    0x77350000 - 0x7741c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\MSCTF.dll
    0x7c340000 - 0x7c396000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\msvcr71.dll
    0x6d7f0000 - 0x6da97000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
    0x72cd0000 - 0x72d02000 C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
    0x740b0000 - 0x740fb000 C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll
    0x6d7a0000 - 0x6d7ac000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\verify.dll
    0x6d320000 - 0x6d33f000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.dll
    0x6d280000 - 0x6d288000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\hpi.dll
    0x760a0000 - 0x760a5000 C:\Windows\syswow64\PSAPI.DLL
    0x6d7e0000 - 0x6d7ef000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\zip.dll
    0x6d000000 - 0x6d14a000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\awt.dll
    0x73280000 - 0x732d1000 C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV
    0x77420000 - 0x7757c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
    0x735e0000 - 0x7377e000 C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16661_none_420fe3fa2b8113bd\COMCTL32.dll
    0x77190000 - 0x771e7000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll
    0x72c30000 - 0x72c43000 C:\Windows\system32\DWMAPI.DLL
    0x72c50000 - 0x72cd0000 C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
    0x76530000 - 0x77179000 C:\Windows\syswow64\shell32.dll
    0x6d230000 - 0x6d27f000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\fontmanager.dll
    0x6d600000 - 0x6d613000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\net.dll
    0x771f0000 - 0x77225000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WS2_32.dll
    0x75c40000 - 0x75c46000 C:\Windows\syswow64\NSI.dll
    0x73450000 - 0x7348c000 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll
    0x71a10000 - 0x71a16000 C:\Windows\System32\wship6.dll
    0x6d620000 - 0x6d629000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\nio.dll
    0x655e0000 - 0x657a3000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll
    0x73b90000 - 0x73b99000 C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.dll
    0x69db0000 - 0x69db6000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8thk.dll
    0x69d70000 - 0x69d78000 C:\Windows\system32\atiu9pag.DLL
    0x65250000 - 0x655de000 C:\Windows\system32\atiumdag.dll
    0x64f50000 - 0x65242000 C:\Windows\system32\atiumdva.dll
    0x76130000 - 0x761bf000 C:\Windows\syswow64\OLEAUT32.DLL
    0x73310000 - 0x73315000 C:\Windows\System32\wshtcpip.dll
    0x73400000 - 0x73444000 C:\Windows\system32\DNSAPI.dll
    0x73390000 - 0x733b4000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL
    0x73360000 - 0x73385000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll
    0x73340000 - 0x7335c000 C:\Windows\system32\Iphlpapi.DLL
    0x73330000 - 0x73337000 C:\Windows\system32\WINNSI.DLL
    0x73320000 - 0x73326000 C:\Windows\system32\rasadhlp.dll
    0x72eb0000 - 0x72ee8000 C:\Windows\System32\fwpuclnt.dll

    VM Arguments:
    java_command: C:\Users\J-Dawg!\Downloads\WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Launcher Type: SUN_STANDARD

    Environment Variables:
    CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
    PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v 1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\
    USERNAME=J-Dawg!
    OS=Windows_NT
    PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3, AuthenticAMD



    --------------- S Y S T E M ---------------

    OS: Windows 7 Build 7600

    CPU:total 1 (1 cores per cpu, 1 threads per core) family 16 model 6 stepping 3, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, sse3, popcnt, mmxext, 3dnow, 3dnowext, lzcnt

    Memory: 4k page, physical 1829784k(804956k free), swap 3659568k(1815732k free)

    vm_info: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.1-b03) for windows-x86 JRE (1.6.0_22-b04), built on Sep 15 2010 00:56:36 by "java_re" with MS VC++ 7.1 (VS2003)

    time: Sat Oct 16 14:35:23 2010
    elapsed time: 708 seconds
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by JwhiteH View Post
    i did just find this....

    (...lots removed here...)

    VM Arguments:
    java_command: C:\Users\J-Dawg!\Downloads\WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    The trouble is caused by the exclamation point in the path to the .jar files.

    Create a folder at the ROOT of your C:\ drive e.g. C:\Pre and put both .jar files in that folder. I believe you will find that they will run OK then.
  9. #229  
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

    It worked!!!! that was stupidly simple!!!!!
  10. #230  
    one last thing......


    now that I can actually open wosqi, it won't do anything.

    I click on the arrow and nothing happens....i disconnect Pre and hit arrow and no 'no device connected' message.....what now???????
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by JwhiteH View Post
    one last thing......


    now that I can actually open wosqi, it won't do anything.

    I click on the arrow and nothing happens....i disconnect Pre and hit arrow and no 'no device connected' message.....what now???????
    Check to see that the link the program is trying to reach can be reached through your regular web browser. Please enter the following URL into your browser and see if you get a listing of files: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all/

    It DOES take a little while to come up, since the data is further organized before being presented in the WebOSQI repository viewer (about 12 seconds for my 2.4GHz, Quad processor, 4GB memory system). And, as you have discovered, if you disconnect your Pre from the phone and attempt to access the repositories, WebOSQI will notice.
  12. #232  
    Got it to work. thanks again for the help. but i am getting the "failed to connect" message.
    Last edited by JwhiteH; 10/18/2010 at 03:36 PM.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by JwhiteH View Post
    Got it to work. thanks again for the help. but i am getting the "failed to connect" message.
    I presume you mean the connection between your PC and phone seems to not be reliable. When you see the failed to connect message, what does the command: sc query novacomd report? Anything new there?

    I guess you could use the reinstall novacomd option of WebOSQI to see if that makes any difference. If you elect to do that, I would remove the software from add/remove programs, do a full power off shutdown and reboot of the PC, then attempt a reinstall.

    Sorry for the trouble - but you may be doing a bit of trail blazing here. Not many of us switched over to the 64-bit version of XP.
  14. #234  
    I actually did the novacom (re)installation and it worked perfectly thanks for all the help!
  15. #235  
    I am trying to get this set up on my phone (palm pixi) and went through the steps in the Getting Started page. I was able to download the WebOSDoctor file but things quit after that. I did not get the option to choose a USB device or prompting to connect my device or installation of Novacomd.

    I can open the WOSQI but when I click on File>Options (presumably to manually install Novacomd) nothing happens.

    The first time I downloaded WOSQI, there was a small window showing the progress. After it got to 100% it said something about Finalizing download and it might take a few minutes. After 20 minutes it was still saying the same thing. In fact, I couldn't even close or cancel out of the process.

    Any suggestions?

    I'm using Windows XP
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    The current version (3.14) of Jason's WebOS QuickInstall can be found here When you run it, it WILL prompt you to download the current version of the WebOS Doctor for your phone. Downloading the WebOS Doctor file is not the same as doctoring your phone. The WebOS Doctor file must be present in the same folder as Jason's program in order for it to be able to communicate with your phone.

    The instructions for the procedure have not changed much from the version that I documented in the attachements to message 1 in this forum, so please just refer to them.

    You should be able to type UPDATES on your phone's keyboard and then press the return key to start the update process. If your phone was not already connected to a wifi network before the screen broke - I don't know if you will be able to connect without use of the screen.

    My guess is you are down to the only remaining thing to try is doctoring the phone - and YES, there is a risk that will wipe the pictures you are trying to recover. Recent versions of the doctor DO NOT wipe them out - but in your case, the version you are attempting to upgrade from is so old - that I have no idea what may happen.
    Need link for complete instructions on how to download newest or newer version of webos & how to seperate dr so as not to run it,found someone willing to try that knows more than me,please send me link for sprint version with full instructions,can't find that only download,thanks
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarthaS View Post
    I am trying to get this set up on my phone (palm pixi) and went through the steps in the Getting Started page. I was able to download the WebOSDoctor file but things quit after that. I did not get the option to choose a USB device or prompting to connect my device or installation of Novacomd.

    I can open the WOSQI but when I click on File>Options (presumably to manually install Novacomd) nothing happens.

    The first time I downloaded WOSQI, there was a small window showing the progress. After it got to 100% it said something about Finalizing download and it might take a few minutes. After 20 minutes it was still saying the same thing. In fact, I couldn't even close or cancel out of the process.

    Any suggestions?

    I'm using Windows XP

    for me, I had to open Start Menu>Computer>C:\ and move the folder that has webOSQuickInstall and webOSdocor into C:\. Then it all worked.
  18. #238  
    When I did the run test to see if Java was installed it said that I do not have it, but then when I went to the Java website to download it, it said I already had the latest version. What should I do?
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by misstake View Post
    When I did the run test to see if Java was installed it said that I do not have it, but then when I went to the Java website to download it, it said I already had the latest version. What should I do?
    I recommend complete removal of Java followed by a cold reboot - meaning total power down and power back up again of your PC - followed by a reinstalling Java.
  20. #240  
    Thanks! that did the job! Unfortunately... another question. (sorry)
    When I typed in 'sc query novacomd' to run it, it says it was not found. what should I do here? Did I do something wrong?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions