Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm gonna try and keep this post generally rant free (if you're deeply interested, just pm me), so bear with me if this seems a bit disjointed.

Essentially, Palm's teased developers since back in the Early Access Program, back in May, of the idea of developer device. They even announced a $100 discount program for developers. They never followed up on it since the announcement and every so often the answer that kept coming back to me was "soon".

Well, I've found out I shouldn't be expecting developer devices anytime in the near future. Emulator simply isn't enough. My only viable option (for various reasons), other than just switching to android, is getting a purely testing Pre now, and then a second Pre later when one comes available on-warranty with the ability to use it as a phone. I'm perfectly willing to pay full price for the one I use as a phone, but I wasn't expecting to have to buy a second one in the meantime.

So I'm asking for help from you guys here at PreCentral.

I haven't decided which version of Pre to pick up (any should really work), d I have no idea where I should get a Pre from, so I'd love everyone's input.

So with that in mind, here the donation link:

All donations towards this particular fund are listed below (unless asked otherwise). All donations are very much appreciated.

[removed]

Feel free to use this link to tweet the ppl at Palm about my situation. If Palm ends up changing their mind and starts selling developer devices, or the Pre comes to Telus before enough money for a testing Pre has been gathered, I'll refund the donors and just pick that up.

EDIT: Special thanks to 2sslow for hooking me up with a Pre. I've removed the donate link and will be returning all donations Thanks to everyone who helped out though, it's great to see how giving the webos community is
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/12/2009 at 01:05 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Just wait till I get paid Jason(friday). I got you.
    already donated!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

you deserve it!
    Last edited by windzilla; 11/15/2009 at 09:55 PM.
    Jason I have a Sprint one I will Donate to your cause if that will work for you?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Jason I have a Sprint one I will Donate to your cause if that will work for you?
    PM'd ya

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Not sure i deserve "special thanks", considering i reallz should have donated for WOSQI's awesomeness a long time ago anzwazs...

Zou're gonna love QWERTZ, Jaz.
    Tim Carroll, Blogger
    As pledged in some other threads, and on Twitter, I have donated $30 for the explicit purpose of buying a Pre for Jason.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #9  
    Special thanks to 2sslow for hooking me up with a Pre. I've removed the donate link and will be returning all donations Thanks to everyone who helped out though, it's great to see how giving the webos community is

I just donated again. You will like this one.

100,000+ of us got our start with Homebrew Apps, etc. primarily because of Jason.

If we each donate $10, he is a millionaire.

Jason deserves it.

Don't return my donation. It is a small down payment for what I have received.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Special thanks to 2sslow for hooking me up with a Pre. I've removed the donate link and will be returning all donations Thanks to everyone who helped out though, it's great to see how giving the webos community is
    Your very welcome Jason,

I should be able to send it today (Wednesday)

Keep up the great work!

Doug

Going to bed now 1:00 am, Very Tired!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Tim and I are refusing the return of our donations.

We're requiring Jason to buy a touchstone, and put a little sticker on it saying "Donated by Australia" so he is reminded every day of just how great Australians are

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Jason, i was all ready to click the donation link... Put it back....

Edit: just found a donation link in the WOSQI thread first post. Donation sent. Jason you really do great things for the community.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Jason, i was all ready to click the donation link... Put it back....

Edit: just found a donation link in the WOSQI thread first post. Donation sent. Jason you really do great things for the community.
    lol, yea, that link was specific to this li'l funding thing. I have a general all-purpose donation link in my signature where proceeds go towards future software development. Though as always, donations are completely optional and volunary.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I can't wait to see what code comes out of this There are only about 10000 lines of code available for us for him to patch...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I can't wait to see what code comes out of this There are only about 10000 lines of code available for us for him to patch...
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Absolutely no refunds without a receipt. Buy something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    100,000+ of us got our start with Homebrew Apps, etc. primarily because of Jason.

If we each donate $10, he is a millionaire.

Jason deserves it.
    I agree completely...and have donated a while back. It's incredible that he offers his work for free....same with the Preware guys.
    glad you got it.
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/03/2009 at 09:06 AM.
    I too want to donate to you.

WebOS QuickInstall makes the Pre complete.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast