Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Jason,

I just wanted to chime in and say that you are the effing man. Until the debacle with the "Flashlight" and "Advanced Phone Menu" I posted about in another thread, I never noticed just how many of my patches were done by you.

A very sincere thanks to you for all your hard work. As soon as I am employed again, I will be hitting that "Donate" link!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The "data connectoin in device menu" patch causes video upload to facebook to fail. It then would not allow me to use the internet or any app that needs a data connection. It worked prior to me installing this app and afterwards when i removed it and restarted my phone. FYI.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Hi Jason,

I just saw updates for these four patches on my Pre:
    • Copy URL to clipboard
    • Hide Quick Launch Bar
    • Roam Only in Device Menu
    • Video Downloads

Is there a change log somewhere?

Thanks -- love your work.
    Now that the 1.4 NDA is gone, I'm allowed to legally say those were part of my 1.4 updated patches.

Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    The "data connectoin in device menu" patch causes video upload to facebook to fail. It then would not allow me to use the internet or any app that needs a data connection. It worked prior to me installing this app and afterwards when i removed it and restarted my phone. FYI.
    As I posted in that thread:
    Just fyi, this app controls data connection. Data connection off = no data being uploaded.

If you mean to say the toggle was set on but the video would not upload, well I'm using the exact same service calls used in Palm phone preferences screen where the same data toggle can be found.

If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Sorry for the confusion but it was set to data "on". I was able to use the internet prior to attempting the video upload and ot worked. I reset the phone and the data worked but when I tried to upload a video again it wouldn't work. Did this 3 times before removing the patch and no everything is fine.
  5.    #45  
    I've updated my master list to more conform to feed-like categories. Hopefully will help some people

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    hey jason first I would like to say thanx for all your hard work and skillz. I know the led torch isn't working yet for the pixi (hope soon). My question is can I use the patches with the torch option or will it screw with my pixi. Thanx again.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by del420 View Post
    hey jason first I would like to say thanx for all your hard work and skillz. I know the led torch isn't working yet for the pixi (hope soon). My question is can I use the patches with the torch option or will it screw with my pixi. Thanx again.
    patches with the torch options will just not turn on the led. the rest would work fine though

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    patches with the torch options will just not turn on the led. the rest would work fine though

thanx again for the promt reply. You and everybody else around here have been such a great help to me. I have never been so intune with my phone or my laptop for that matter until I became a member of p/c. Also I hope you guys are making progress with the led on the pixi. Can't wait to film inside/dark areas. Much respect!!!
    I thought you had made an auto javascript garbage collect patch at some point, but I can't some to find it? Am I just making this up?
    Thats actually included in the "advanced options in launcher" patch.
    Jason is the man!!!! Thank god for his insomnia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Thats actually included in the "advanced options in launcher" patch.
    Does that mean that they automatically run? Doesn't JSJSJS $Top$ $have$ $a$ $similar$ $option$?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Does that mean that they automatically run? Doesn't JSJSJS $Top$ $have$ $a$ $similar$ $option$?
    JSJSJS $Top$ $does$ $have$ $the$ $option$, $I$ $was$ $just$ $hoping$ $to$ $do$ $this$ $without$ $leaving$ $the$ $card$ $open$ $all$ $the$ $time$. $I$ $thought$ $I$ $had$ $seen$ $it$ $earlier$, $but$ $I$ $must$ $have$ $been$ $thinking$ $of$ $the$ $adv$ $launcher$ $options$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlport View Post
    This is one of my annoying ten post i have to place..
    Me too, but thanks for all the hard work Jason, this phone and community wouldn't be the same without you (and all the others).
    Chaos begets chaos...
  15.    #55  
    I've updated the following patches for 1.4.1/1.4.1.1 (see post #1 for URLs):
    • Date As Carrier String
    • "Palm" Carrier String
    • Edit Any Video's Metadata
    • Improved Edited Video Filenames
    • Custom Carrier String

Before anyone asks, yes, I've submitted them to the WebOS-Internals patch feed (with the obvious exclusion of the custom carrier string patch). In addition, I've also now submitted these patches to the feed:
    • Quick USB Dashboard
    • Temperature in Device Info
    • Fahrenheit Temperature in Device Info
    • Temperature with Battery in Device Menu
    • Fahrenheit Temperature with Battery in Device Menu

No eta on when they'll make it live to the feed, so I've uploaded the current .patch files for those who want them now (and for those who like to customize their patches).

Enjoy
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/01/2010 at 12:39 AM.

Hey Jason,
    I installed your new Date as Carrier string and it didn't take but showed up in my patch feed? Any ideas?
    - Skinneejay -
    Jason any chance up uploading your megamenu patch with the temperature flashlight and airplane mode? I can't recall if this is the one with airplane mode as well. I tried but everytime I restarted Luna and I hit the launcher button the device menu would open before I could use the phone.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    just wondering is date as carrier string up and running ?
    Me three. but hey, I will make it worthy and say Thanks Jason for all your hard work!! Your patches are all over my Pre!
    I was wondering if all your work was listed in one place...
    Pretty damn impressive list!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast