1.    #1  
    Has anyone successfully installed the improved filename format patch for the camera? I tried installing via Preware and got a bunch of hunk errors.

I'm posting from my Pre and getting ready to go into work so I can't give specifics until I get home tonight.

Maybe someone can try it in the meantime to see if it works for them.

Thanks!

Edit: I posted here instead of the patch forum because it listed Jason as the maintainer for this patch.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...filenames.html

try this link, Jason has provided the patch in a zip file, install with Quick Install, hope that helps...

Look at the last file, it works...

Screenshot of time and date on Pre...

Last edited by robbskittles; 10/28/2009 at 08:09 AM.
    I am getting the same errow whole while trying to install the patch via Preware. I was able to manually install it via webOS QI (per this thread http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1998450 ) but when I try to install via Preware, I get the following error (anytime you see "..." i abreviated the error)

missing header for unified diff at line 3 of patch
    patching file user/palm/ ... /camera-control.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 failed at 70
    Hunk #2 failed at 85
    Hunk #3 failed at 207
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/.../camera-control.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file user/palm/.../camera-prefs-defaults.json
    Hunk #1 failed at 7
    1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/.../camera-prefs-defaults.json
    rej
    Removing package...
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I am getting the same errow whole while trying to install the patch via Preware. I was able to manually install it via webOS QI (per this thread [url] ) but when I try to install via Preware, I get the following error (anytime you see "..." i abreviated the error)

missing header for unified diff at line 3 of patch
    patching file user/palm/ ... /camera-control.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 failed at 70
    Hunk #2 failed at 85
    Hunk #3 failed at 207
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/.../camera-control.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file user/palm/.../camera-prefs-defaults.json
    Hunk #1 failed at 7
    1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/.../camera-prefs-defaults.json
    rej
    Removing package...
    I'm getting this exact same error
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I think this patch was just posted last night by dbsooner. You might want to ping him on it to make sure he took it from the original thread properly. I also wonder if you already have any other patches applied to the camera app. Actually I have other patches and installed this patch manually from the thread in the patches forum.

Also for those having the issue what version of WebOS are you running?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    i finally got it to work..dbsooner supposedly updated the package and it installed correctly
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #7  
    Thanks, just checked during my lunch and saw the patch updated. Installed via Preware with no problem.