webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Canuck Coding > Unified Diff Creator
Unified Diff Creator
Like Tree10Likes

Old 11/06/2011, 07:10 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_tra View Post
I dont follow the instruction on post # 1. Can anyone help? I have a text file and want to change it to .patch file. I tried the Unified Diff Creator but nothing was created.

TIA
You need the names of the original file and the editied verion of that file as parameters to UDC.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2011, 06:49 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
I created patches to two files in the phone app earlier (CallLogView.js and SubItems.js) using Unified Diff Creator. SubItems.js patches just fine, but for some reason CallLogView.js just refuses to be patched, I always get 2 of 2 Hunks Failed. Any idea where I could be going wrong?
have the same problem
"1 out of 1 hunk failed - saving rejects to file ....... "
nova_ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2011, 07:37 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova_ck View Post
have the same problem
"1 out of 1 hunk failed - saving rejects to file ....... "
That implies that the file that you are trying to patch is not the same as the file that you are using with UDC as the 'original file'.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2011, 05:00 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
That implies that the file that you are trying to patch is not the same as the file that you are using with UDC as the 'original file'.
I have the same problem with the Hunk Failures, and I would believe your theory but I also copied the Original (Doctor version) to the TP and overwrote the copy there to make 100% sure the files matched and I am still getting the error.

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Maverickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2011, 06:27 PM   #85 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@Maverickz

Are you making the patch from just one file or patching Multiple files into one patch ?

I have ran into this same issue numerous times (hunks failed).
Its definitely due to any change in the original file your using when creating the patch with the Unified Diff Creator. Even an extra space in the file will create the error (in original file not modified one) .

I would recommend deleting the corrupted file completely and then putting the original file back in place afterwards.

I would recommend re-downloading the doctor and/or finding another TouchPad with the file never changed or looked at and copy that over.

Good Rule of thumb is before you even open the file you want to change or look at, is to make a copy of it inside your usb section (media/internal) just for safe keeping in case any issues arise.

The TouchPad is very easy to make a mistake and hit a key when moving around through the file.

Also to note, not sure if this matters or not but making a patch that contains multiple altered files I always try to fill out all Patch Info options (patch name,version,author,description, compatiable with versions). This is just an assumption I have.

I found sometimes when leaving those empty it would cause hunks failed when combining multiple patch files. I just seem to do this after running into issues a number of times. Just my thought from trial and error.

P.S.

Feel free to delete this post if Needed or correct any information that is incorrect.
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
djgardn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2011, 05:10 AM   #86 (permalink)

So the first i unintalled this apps , then install this app again .
Now I make a copy this app folder to my Laptop , original no change .
On my laptop i make again a copy folder ( to edit ) and edit some file on it .
Finally I using UDC to creat a patch .

But : " hunk failed - saving rejects to file ......."

my patch should edit 2 file appinfo.json and Help-Assistant.js .
When I try only edit appinfo.json , then i got no error .
I used copy/paste to merge 2 patch together , this's correct ?
nova_ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2011, 03:01 PM   #87 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@nova_ck

If your merging two patches together this is what I do.

The simplest way to explain it is this:

You make two patches separately naming them what ever you like appinfo.patch & helpassist.patch. Making sure you fill in all patch info options (patch name,version,author,description, compatiable with versions).

Once both patches are made take one patch (doesn't mater which) say appinfo.patch open that up on your computer.

Starting from the start/beginning look toward the end of your description that you filled out explaining the patch description you filled in. Clicking your curser on last few letters before you reach the end ( should be a little before --- symbols).

Reaching your last letter or period if you included a period in your description sentence you will want to delete everything up to that point (beginning to very end of description). You will know when you are at the right spot if you are using your arrow keys to move one space at a time you will notice your at the end when the cursor doesn't move even with a right arrow click (once or twice). Now that you deleted the name,version,author,description from the beginning of the appinfo.patch you want to save it as a patch file, say patchNoHeader.patch. Opening patchNoHeader.patch simple click "ctrl" and letter "A" at the same time (if using windows) to copy the entire thing.

Now Paste that into the very end of your helpassist.patch. To know your at the very end of helpassist.patch simply click the down arrow key until cursor won't move down any more (paste there). Save that Patch as something different, say patchMergedAppInfoHelpAssist.patch.

I just wanted to word it in simplest terms for anyone else that may have also ran into this. I know it took me a number of times to fully understand it the first time and second time.
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
djgardn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: nova_ck
Old 11/25/2011, 12:12 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
@Maverickz

Are you making the patch from just one file or patching Multiple files into one patch ?

I have ran into this same issue numerous times (hunks failed).
Its definitely due to any change in the original file your using when creating the patch with the Unified Diff Creator. Even an extra space in the file will create the error (in original file not modified one) .

I would recommend deleting the corrupted file completely and then putting the original file back in place afterwards.

I would recommend re-downloading the doctor and/or finding another TouchPad with the file never changed or looked at and copy that over.

Good Rule of thumb is before you even open the file you want to change or look at, is to make a copy of it inside your usb section (media/internal) just for safe keeping in case any issues arise.

The TouchPad is very easy to make a mistake and hit a key when moving around through the file.

Also to note, not sure if this matters or not but making a patch that contains multiple altered files I always try to fill out all Patch Info options (patch name,version,author,description, compatiable with versions). This is just an assumption I have.

I found sometimes when leaving those empty it would cause hunks failed when combining multiple patch files. I just seem to do this after running into issues a number of times. Just my thought from trial and error.

P.S.

Feel free to delete this post if Needed or correct any information that is incorrect.
This is a single file. In fact it is only one line that is being changed. While I did not delete the file on TP and then put it back, I did overwrite it with a copy of the file that I told the IPK Packager was the Original. So even if what I am using for the Original was altered I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it matches between the TP and the Packaging tool.

Old 11/27/2011, 10:36 PM   #89 (permalink)

Just to make sure I did not accidentally modify the file I was using as Original, I unpacked a FRESH Doctor and took out the file in question. I deleted this file completely from my TP, copied this file to my TP in the original location and restarted Luna just to be safe. I then remade the patch using this fresh file as the Original. There is no possible way the file on my TP is not the correct version for this patch now. Oddly the patch works fine on the emulator but still has hunk failures on my TP.

Any other ideas?

Here is the contents of the patch:
Code:
Name: SetWeekView8am
Version: 3.0.4-1
Author: Maverickz
Description: When you open the Week View in calendar this will default to show 8am to 5pm instead of current time.

--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.js
+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/week/WeekView.js
@@ -248,7 +248,8 @@

//if (options && options.scroll) {
 			(currentHour > 0) && (--currentHour);												// Scroll to the hour before the current hour.
-			var	top = dayHours [currentHour].hasNode();
+//Mz			var	top = dayHours [currentHour].hasNode();
+			var	top = dayHours [8].hasNode(); //Mz
 			isFinite (top && (top = top.offsetTop)) && this.$.weekHours.setScrollTop (top);
 		//}
 	}

Old 02/02/2012, 04:20 PM   #90 (permalink)

Hello Jason,

There seems to be something off in how UnifiedDiffCreator creates patches and how AUSMT expects them. I make UberCalendar patches for the veers by using the 2.1 base patch and creating four separate patch files for what is different from 2.1.

It used to work without error using AUPT and Internalz Pro, now the AUSMT scripts install the patch without issue. However, when uninstalling the same file they complain of fuzz problems. Attached is the ausmt-log file for inspection. It is an install, then uninstall (with fuzz errors), then another install. Luna restarts between each iteration.

Thanks for all you do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt webos-ausmt.log.txt (80.7 KB, 5 views) Email Attachment

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2012, 04:56 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
Hello Jason,

There seems to be something off in how UnifiedDiffCreator creates patches and how AUSMT expects them. I make UberCalendar patches for the veers by using the 2.1 base patch and creating four separate patch files for what is different from 2.1.

It used to work without error using AUPT and Internalz Pro, now the AUSMT scripts install the patch without issue. However, when uninstalling the same file they complain of fuzz problems. Attached is the ausmt-log file for inspection. It is an install, then uninstall (with fuzz errors), then another install. Luna restarts between each iteration.

Thanks for all you do.
I might be mistaken but I don't think Internalz has been updated to use AUSMT yet. WOSQI was updated (v4.4.0) and Preware was updated (v1.9.10), but the latest version of Internalz was last updated on 7/7/2011, so long before AUSMT was developed.

So I would suggest using the updated Preware or updated WOSQI to do the install/uninstalls. It will probably have problems if you install from Internalz (AUPT) and then try to uninstall from Preware (AUSMT).

I could be totally wrong on that though.

Last edited by Maverickz; 02/02/2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02/03/2012, 01:46 AM   #92 (permalink)

FileMgr 2.0.8 was updated to use AUSMT. Worked fine after a restart for me. It's the only the pieces I did with Udiff that cause the fluff.
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2012, 06:19 AM   #93 (permalink)

Hello Jason,

I'd like to adjust/reduce the context lines via the DiffCreator GUI. Is it possible?

It would be usefull to patch .conf-files, when you have multiple .patches e.g. for luna.conf.

I basically use DiffCreator for documenting and a bit automating of my .conf file changes in webOS.
Regards
wiwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0