Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ETA is hopefully within the next 24 hours.

I suppose you could, but you'd need to manually download the aupt scripts, edit them for your patch, and structure the package according to current aupt format
    Ill just wait for update =P Thanks man!
    I got another question, when making my patch should I use the current patched (w/ other patches via preware) as the "original" and just modify the lines in it and then use the modified as the patched version?
    Or, should I use the original "original" and patch the lines in it and use it as the "patched" files?
    Or, should I use the original "original" then open up the patched original (current patched one) and modify its lines as the new patch?

I figure the first option is best because based off of the .patch, it seems it has line # coordinates ... if those dont match the currently "patched" file in use now, then wont the patch fail?
    Using first option, it had the 2 lines needed to change based off the current "original(including other patches)" and those 2 lines alone. It also had correct line #'s for them.
    Also, third option scares me because it makes a huge patch file listing all changes to the original "original" and if I ever remove my patch, wont it undo all the other patched content?
  3.    #63  
    Just a heads-up, I've just released WOSQI v4.2.0, which among other things, fixes the .patch installing.

An update for Internalz pro is also in the works, but I'm waiting for the download issue with PreCentral to be resolved first.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    As long as the file you use as the "original" is the unaltered original ...
    Regarding editing files to create patches on a Windows system. Is there anything I need to keep in mind regarding Unix vs Windows endlines?

I noticed that after editing a JSON-file in Notepad, and then creating a patch from it, the patch-file seemed to have no endlines in it, making any direct editing of the patch-file a messy thing.

Also, after trying to just send the altered file with WOSQI to the appropriate folder on the device for testing, the symbol box would not behave as with the original file. I.e. it would not single out symbols related to keypress, just dismiss the symbol pop-up instead.

... meaning I'm messing about with the alternatechars_table.json file.

An OT question regarding that. There are two places to find these files;

mojo\submissions\367\
    mojo2\submissions\98\

Why are there two locations, and could I be messing about in the wrong one ...?
    Last edited by autodidact; 06/26/2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: forgot the quote

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Regarding editing files to create patches on a Windows system. Is there anything I need to keep in mind regarding Unix vs Windows endlines?

I noticed that after editing a JSON-file in Notepad, and then creating a patch from it, the patch-file seemed to have no endlines in it, making any direct editing of the patch-file a messy thing.

Also, after trying to just send the altered file with WOSQI to the appropriate folder on the device for testing, the symbol box would not behave as with the original file. I.e. it would not single out symbols related to keypress, just dismiss the symbol pop-up instead.

... meaning I'm messing about with the alternatechars_table.json file.

An OT question regarding that. There are two places to find these files;

mojo\submissions\367\
    mojo2\submissions\98\

Why are there two locations, and could I be messing about in the wrong one ...?
    mojo2\submissions\98\ is what you'll probably want for webOS 2.x.

As for endline characters, I believe they just need to match what was in the original file. However, 95% of the time it's usually just linux endline characters

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

... need to match what was in the original file.
    That makes sense. But I'm concerned that Notepad F'd them up as I only changed things mid line, and still experienced issues. Guess I'll have too look into what people are using on Windows. Notepad++ seemed to have issues with the character set ...

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    I wonder if...the unified diff creator is newline character agnostic. It would seem the patch file it generates is...w/e unified diff creator creates it as...no?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hi Jason,

I want to create a Patch that modifies a Mojo App to run on the Touchpad in Fullscreen mode.

Looks good so far but for this I need to add a File to the App that does not exist in the original Package.

How can I do this?
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Hi Jason,

I want to create a Patch that modifies a Mojo App to run on the Touchpad in Fullscreen mode.

Looks good so far but for this I need to add a File to the App that does not exist in the original Package.

How can I do this?
    That's not supported by Unified Diff Creator at this time.

Why do you need to add a new file though? There's virtually no circumstance I can think of, where code couldn't be piggybacked onto another file.

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    i want to include a .jsjsjs $file$ $for$ $some$ $global$ $functions$. $Since$ $the$ $App$ $currently$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $there$ $is$ $nothing$ $where$ $I$ $can$ $Attach$ $it$.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    i want to include a .jsjsjs $file$ $for$ $some$ $global$ $functions$. $Since$ $the$ $App$ $currently$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $there$ $is$ $nothing$ $where$ $I$ $can$ $Attach$ $it$.
    you could attach it to one of the existing source files. Which app do ya mean?

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Lastpass
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Why do you need to add a new file though? There's virtually no circumstance I can think of, where code couldn't be piggybacked onto another file.
    Hi Jason,

I thought about it for a while and found a way arround it. Submitted my first patch today.

Thanks!

Lars
    Hi Jason,

Thank you for your hard work.

I used Unified Diff Creator to make a patch, WebOSQuickInstall to install and Preware to remove.

Now I have a issue, app not works after remove because of missing file which was patched. I don't know if you could make a function to backup file before install and reinstall backuped file after remove like windows uninstall function.

Thanks
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpad2010 View Post
    Hi Jason,

Thank you for your hard work.

I used Unified Diff Creator to make a patch, WebOSQuickInstall to install and Preware to remove.

Now I have a issue, app not works after remove because of missing file which was patched. I don't know if you could make a function to backup file before install and reinstall backuped file after remove like windows uninstall function.

Thanks
    AUPT is the installation technology that does that patch applying. It does make a backup, however, for 3rd party programs, there's a bug that's existed since day 1 that deletes 3rd party patched files on uninstall. WebOS-Internals are the maintainers of AUPT and the ones you'd need to talk to.

Thanks for your quick response and again for your great works.
    Can a patch rename a folder?

I'm trying to create a patch that will keep the Google Maps program before one installs the new HP Maps program. The current patch changes the app id correctly, but it would also require renaming the com.palm.app.maps folder to something else, for instance com.palm.app.googlemaps.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Can a patch rename a folder?

I'm trying to create a patch that will keep the Google Maps program before one installs the new HP Maps program. The current patch changes the app id correctly, but it would also require renaming the com.palm.app.maps folder to something else, for instance com.palm.app.googlemaps.
    Nope, a patch can only edit plain-text files, no renaming. Thouh, honestly, if Google Maps was removed, I can only imagine there was a reason. one theory I heard floating around was a falling-out between HP and Google, which is why there was no Google Maps nor YouTube apps on Pre3 and TouchPad.

I created patches to two files in the phone app earlier (CallLogView.jsjsjs $and$ $SubItems$.$js$) $using$ $Unified$ $Diff$ $Creator$. $SubItems$.$js$ $patches$ $just$ $fine$, $but$ $for$ $some$ $reason$ $CallLogView$.$js$ $just$ $refuses$ $to$ $be$ $patched$, $I$ $always$ $get$ $2$ $of$ $2$ $Hunks$ $Failed$. $Any$ $idea$ $where$ $I$ $could$ $be$ $going$ $wrong$?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I dont follow the instruction on post # 1. Can anyone help? I have a text file and want to change it to .patch file. I tried the Unified Diff Creator but nothing was created.

TIA
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast