Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93
Like Tree10Likes
  1. avnera's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    anyone know why i cant open this .application file in windows 7?

    i want to get into patching, but i'm new to all of this. thanks
    try to call it from the command line:
    Code:
    java -jar UnifiedDiffCreator.jar
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

    WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  2. #42  
    Is it possible to patch directories? Like change a whole directory via patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Is it possible to patch directories? Like change a whole directory via patch?
    Make separate patches for each file in the directory, then merge the patches together
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make separate patches for each file in the directory, then merge the patches together
    how do you merge the patches once you create them? can you give detailed instructions?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    try to call it from the command line:
    Code:
    java -jar UnifiedDiffCreator.jar
    it came back and said

    'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

    i have java installed form here Download Java for Windows

    so i really dont know what im doing, lol

    edit: got it running when i sent the .jar file to my email.
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/02/2010 at 06:05 PM.
  6. #46  
    Hi JR,
    I am having some problems getting my patch to install on the device.
    Using Webos quick install 3.14 (v4.x does not seem to like .patch files at all)

    I find that the .patch is installed but the patch itself is not applied to the target file
    (if I view the file in the terminal). This appears to be for all .patch files not just my edited one.

    Using UK PrePlus 2.1.0 with german o2 rom

    (New to writing patches & stuff, maybe I am doing somehting wrong)
  7. #47  
    @Jason:
    Which GUI editor did you use?
    Edit: Did you use the built-in NetBeans GUI-Editor?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @Jason:
    Which GUI editor did you use?
    Edit: Did you use the built-in NetBeans GUI-Editor?
    yea
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #49  
    Jason, I assume your diff-creator is still the recommended way to create a patch? I'm looking to create a patch for webos 1.4.5, but wasn't sure of the exact process. (I didn't see any mention of how to do it on webosinternals... did I miss it?)

    So your tool spits out some diff files. Great, then what? How does one package the diff files and get it into Preware? Apologies in advance if this is already mentioned elsewhere. thanks!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Jason, I assume your diff-creator is still the recommended way to create a patch? I'm looking to create a patch for webos 1.4.5, but wasn't sure of the exact process. (I didn't see any mention of how to do it on webosinternals... did I miss it?)

    So your tool spits out some diff files. Great, then what? How does one package the diff files and get it into Preware? Apologies in advance if this is already mentioned elsewhere. thanks!
    Yes, this is still the easiest/standard way to create .patch files.

    I've mentione it elsewhere, yea, but could hurt posting it in my UnifiedDiffCreator thread for future reference.

    Once you've created you .patch, everything is essentially done. The patch can be applied extremely easily via WOSQI, or if you prefer on-device solutions, Internalz Pro can install it too. And if you were wondering, both WOSQI and Internalz Pro follow the AUPT patching format, so there isn't compatibility issues; you can uninstall the patch via WOSQI, Internalz Pro, and Preware.

    If you wish to submit the patch for the ipkg feed, all you need to do is go to webOS-Patches Web Portal, fill out the form, and upload the .patch file.


    For the record, it's generally advised to avoid doing any sort of manual ipk packaging of .patch files.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11. #51  
    Are patches able to change png files at all? I wanted to make a patch that changed the wm-corner-bottom-left (right, top left ect...) to transparent png's. I'm afraid the only way is to make it a theme instead of a patch.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by madeincanon View Post
    Are patches able to change png files at all? I wanted to make a patch that changed the wm-corner-bottom-left (right, top left ect...) to transparent png's. I'm afraid the only way is to make it a theme instead of a patch.
    Diff files ("patches") are only for plain text files.
    For your case you don't need a theme, you can create an ipk file with postinst and prerm script.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Diff files ("patches") are only for plain text files.
    For your case you don't need a theme, you can create an ipk file with postinst and prerm script.
    I made an ipk file with the module on prethemer.com I tried to install it with quick install, but it didn't let me because I already had a theme installed. That's probably because I'm not doing it the way you suggested. I'm pretty new at this. Do you think you could help me along a little. Not sure how to use postinst or prerm.
    Last edited by madeincanon; 04/23/2011 at 10:08 PM.
  14. #54  
    Take a look on this thread to get an idea of how you could do this with an ipk file: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-coding/276703-how-get-flash-legacy-devices-2-1-0-a.html
  15. #55  
    Ugh, Im trying to create a simple patch to change download directory for browser, I found the 2 lines in page-assistant.jsjsjs ....
    I have a few other patches installed...which modify that file as well.
    I tried making the patch from original file and then copy of original w/ modified lines - internalzpro says patch installation failed.

    I Tried making patch from the modified file (from other patches) as "original" and then changed my lines for the new file and it still fails at trying to install the patch. Ideas?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Ugh, Im trying to create a simple patch to change download directory for browser, I found the 2 lines in page-assistant.jsjsjs ....
    I have a few other patches installed...which modify that file as well.
    I tried making the patch from original file and then copy of original w/ modified lines - internalzpro says patch installation failed.

    I Tried making patch from the modified file (from other patches) as "original" and then changed my lines for the new file and it still fails at trying to install the patch. Ideas?
    See http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-patches.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    So, I dont get it...
    Its not actually something wrong with my patch?
    Its some compatability issue w/ webosqi and internalzpro when trying to install .patch files?

    So, is there any way to install the patch currently?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    So, I dont get it...
    Its not actually something wrong with my patch?
    Its some compatability issue w/ webosqi and internalzpro when trying to install .patch files?

    So, is there any way to install the patch currently?
    As stated in the other thread, the situation is basically this: the postinst/prerm scripts changed their url accidentally, and as a result, a .patch installing is broken in WOSQI and Internalz Pro. No there are no other raw .patch file installers.

    And as stated in the other thread, a little patience is required and updates to both WOSQI and Internalz Pro will be released soon to fix the issue
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As stated in the other thread, the situation is basically this: the postinst/prerm scripts changed their url accidentally, and as a result, a .patch installing is broken in WOSQI and Internalz Pro. No there are no other raw .patch file installers.

    And as stated in the other thread, a little patience is required and updates to both WOSQI and Internalz Pro will be released soon to fix the issue
    Ah okies, much more clear now =) Thanks Jason
    Have an ETA for those changes ?

    Could I create an ipk out of the .patch file in any way, and install it like that?
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Ah okies, much more clear now =) Thanks Jason
    Have an ETA for those changes ?

    Could I create an ipk out of the .patch file in any way, and install it like that?
    ETA is hopefully within the next 24 hours.

    I suppose you could, but you'd need to manually download the aupt scripts, edit them for your patch, and structure the package according to current aupt format
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions