Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Sent both to you , let me know if you havent received them by now...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Sent both to you , let me know if you havent received them by now...
    emailed ya back
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Simply amazing. Good work. I just used this for the first time. Impressive.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm pretty new to patching.
    I was trying to get some simple patches work on my german pre.
    I recieved the original file using QI and saved the modified file.
    Then I used your tool to create the patch. so far so good.
    When I try to apply the patch I always get a Hunk failed error.
    what did I wrong?
    I attached the patch and the error-message.

michote
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

It's always best to start from the base unaltered files (extracting the webos rom from the webosdoctor is always handy for this) and build patches from there.

As long as the file you use as the "original" is the unaltered original, and your multiple patches don't edit the exact same lines, then GNU patch should be able to automatically adjust for muliple patches on the same file.
    Jason, I'm having an incompatibility with a patch I wrote and your "Date as Carrier String" patch and they don't modify the same lines but modify nearby lines.. anything I can do to make it work whether they have your "Date as Carrier String" patch or not?

Here's my patch:
    Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Show Top-Bar Time While Locked
    Version: 1.3.5.1-1
    Author: csmann19
    Description: Shows the time in the top bar while the screen is locked and a call is incoming. Useful in knowing to answer or not when you are expecting a call at a certain time.  Only works after installing the "Date as Carrier String" patch.

--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    +++ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    @@ -$343$,$7$ +$343$,$7$ @@

$if$ ($payload$.$locked$ != $null$) {
     		$if$ ($payload$.$locked$) {
    			$('$date$').$hide$();
    -			$('$clock$').$hide$();
    +			$('$clock$').$show$();
     			$this$.$deviceLocked$ = $true$;
     		}
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks!

-Chris
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/04/2010 at 06:01 PM.
    Great tool, thanks a lot. I'd like to add something to the wishlist, if I may.

The file open windows have no window name in Win XP. So my macro that generates the input for dif, cannot see that those windows are indeed open. Because there is a great difference in timing to open those windows, the macro has to wait a very long time to be sure the window is open.

In other words, the macro is a kind of command line and needs to know whether the file open window is indeed open for input.

Sorry for the long explanation.
    Thanks Jason and the op for this! It is awesome!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    this is great! i havent tried it yet, but im pretty excited to make some of my mods into patches.
    Thank you. I just made my first patch with 'Unified Diff Creator'. I wasn't sure of a "safe" I could test my patch afterwards so I just dropped it right into WebOS QI. Now my very own patch is on my phone working flawless! Thanks again.
    thanks, now I can make my own patches easyly!
    Jason, this app is incredibly useful. I'm just beginning to play around with creating my own patches and this tool has been invaluable
    So i am working on creating my first patch. It is used to make changes to the dialpad.css and call-log.css in conjunction with my ZomPre Theme. I have the original files from a webos dr extraction, the edited files and the location of the files. I get the patch created and when I go to install it with webos quick install i get this error:

An Error occured when attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    patch: util.c:427 :savebuf: assertion 's && size' failed
    aborted

i get 3 lines of the same error... any idea what i did wrong??
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    @mrloserpunk after looking at your patch I think the problem lies with this statement. Do you have this font on your Pre font-family: bloody;
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    @mrloserpunk after looking at your patch I think the problem lies with this statement. Do you have this font on your Pre font-family: bloody;
    i do, I forgot I would need to add it to others though, but it doesnt explain the webos quickinstall error on my pre.... I have the font... switching the call log and dialpad files from stock to my created ones works fine with winscp, but i cant apply them at all with quick install...

I think i just responded in 3 different places... sorry!

email me the files so I can see something if you don't mind.
    @mrloserpunk Remove the \ No new line statement from the very last line of your patch and your problem is solved.
    Done! ISSUE FIXED!! Thanks a million man. Although it is a shame it takes 2 patches to get the dial pad and call log distributed as part of a theme

You can combine them into one once you get the patches created. Copy and paste the entire file of one patch into the bottom of the other patch and save.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You can combine them into one once you get the patches created. Copy and paste the entire file of one patch into the bottom of the other patch and save.
    wow. Simple Fantastic and thank you! Now for preware....

anyone know why i cant open this .application file in windows 7?

i want to get into patching, but i'm new to all of this. thanks
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast