10/04/2009, 06:20 AM
ATTENTION ALL: WebOS Quick Install v3.0 is now available here.
WebOS Quick Install v2.96
This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.
This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
- Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
- Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
- Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.
Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.
Download Here (EDIT: removed, updated version elsewhere)
- WebOSDoctor recovery rom
- Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS factory settings
- If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar
- Java 1.6
- For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
- You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
- If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions.
- For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.
- DevMode enabled
- This can be done on your device by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.
Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.
Running WebOS Quick Install
- Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch
- Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
- Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
- Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
- Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
- Full device theming support
- Supports standard ipkg feeds.
- No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
- Support for .ipk, .patch, and .diff files
- Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
- Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
- Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
- Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
- Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.
- None so far
v2.96 - December 7, 09
- Added iPhone user agent spoof
- Better handling of html in patch descriptions
- New Ipkg Feed Viewer button icon
- Added usage warning to EPR button
- Improved mouse selection handling in Online Repository tab in Tweaks
v2.95 - December 6, 09
- Tweaks section now Pixi-compatible
- Updated WebOSDoctor download options for current versions and Pixi and GSM Pre
- Tweaks sections uses much-improved WebOS-Internals patching feed support
- Online Repository now includes path author information
- Patches now get removed from the Online Repository list after they're applied
- Support for future webOS versions
- Updated default ipkg feeds list
- Added run-confirmation for postinst/prerm scripts
- Much improved connection handling, providing better stability overall
- Improved Device Management section with support for for Pixi
- Many other various bugfixes and speed increases
v2.9 - November 15, 09
- WebOS 1.3.1 compatible
- Added support for patch metadata (like generated by Unified Diff Creator)
- Reports errors when remounting the root partition
- Added support for webOS version checking for Tweaks Online Repo tab
- Fixed theme removal with themes that include patches
- Added EPR button
- Various minor fixes/optimizations
v2.82 - October 14, 09
- iPhone User Agent Spoof uses its own backup method
- Fixed control reading error with some ipks
- Fixed issue certain users were have reinstalling certain program
v2.81 - October 13, 09
- Fixed issue preventing diffstat and GNU patch installation
- Various minor bugs fixed
v2.8 - October 13, 09
- remove need of package manager for tweaking
- uses new webos-patches online repo url
- now has smaller improved auto-correction dictionaries for faster loading
- fixed browser multi-mod
- fixed launcher opacity mod
- fixed issue with installing .patch files directly that could cause serious issues
- updated iPhone user agent spoof mod for 1.2.1
- fixed Ipkg Viewer issue preventing switching to other feeds
- updated webosdoctor download urls
- added "luna restart" button so you can apply as many tweaks as you want then choose when to restart the interface
- added new Linux Commandline section for direct Linux access
v2.72 - October 4, 09
- Fixed an issue that in certain circumstances deeply affected theming
v2.71 - October 4, 09
- Added Package Manager to Tweak requirements
v2.7 - October 4, 09
- Added reset flag support
- Updated Sprint/Bell WebOSDoctor URLs
- Added Patch integration into Device Management
- Fixed issue where uninstalled apps would still appear in Device Management
- Redesigned Tweaks into a tabbed interface
- Completely reimplemented virtual keyboard config support
- Added patch repository support to Tweaks
- Completely redid the internal patcher coding
- Patch format now compatible with Preware
- Greatly improved Ipkg Feed app info window
- Fixed bug affecting custom ipkg feeds
- Added PreYourMind and Canuck Software feeds
- Updated theming to support new patch-compatible format
- Added support for .patch and .diff files in the main screen
Special thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys