Page 99 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I misspoke. "Take a moment to read the first 3 items on the 1st post" should have stated "Take a moment to read the first 3 posts on the 1st page". You need to pay particular attention to the 2nd & 3rd, the Installation and Usage Guide and the Troubleshooting Guide.

Every question you have asked so far (and I am betting the next few coming) are covered in those two posts.
    LOL! I feel so dumb! I got really frustrated because it wouldn't work, I'm guessing my java isn't updated correctly even though my mac says the software is up to date, so I'm downloading soylatte now. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: SUCESS!!!
    Last edited by donniemiller14; 10/28/2009 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donniemiller14 View Post
    LOL! I feel so dumb! I got really frustrated because it wouldn't work, I'm guessing my java isn't updated correctly even though my mac says the software is up to date, so I'm downloading soylatte now. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: SUCESS!!!
    Congrats!!! Not sure why Apple thinks their version of java is up to date since it is past end-of-life.

Enjoy adding the vast library of apps, tweaks, & patches!
    Irish
    Ok, I'm getting angry at myself. I absolutely CANNOT get this to go I've downloaded everything multiple times, gone through the troubleshooting guide, and finally was able to add files to QI.

When I click Install!, nothing happens. When I go to Tweaks, nothing happens. The only things that work for me are add file and the helps.

UGH! Help? Please?
    Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It removes all patches. It will take your Pre back to stock w/o erasing everything from your USB Side. However, I'm not sure if it will work with the German OS of the Pre?
    how can I figure out if it works with the german WebOS? At the latest when the new version (stated in November) will be released I have to try...
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Captitano View Post
    Hello,

how can I figure out if it works with the german WebOS? At the latest when the new version (stated in November) will be released I have to try...
    EPR works on both webOS 1.1.3 and 1.2.1 (and probably just about any other version of webOS too).

You can find the list of 1.1.3 compatible patches in the 1.1.3 webos-patches feed.

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.1.3

There's instructions in another thread on how to make Preware use that feed instead of the 1.2.1 feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmburda View Post
    Ok, I'm getting angry at myself. I absolutely CANNOT get this to go I've downloaded everything multiple times, gone through the troubleshooting guide, and finally was able to add files to QI.

When I click Install!, nothing happens. When I go to Tweaks, nothing happens. The only things that work for me are add file and the helps.

UGH! Help? Please?
    Have you tried a reboot of the computer yet?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Where did the apps go from Canuck? I downloaded the latest version of WebOS QI and when I try to get the Flashlight app from them, BAM, nothing shows up. Does anybody know why or have the files for the app they can send me. Thanks much
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arieberman View Post
    Hi all,

I have a powerbook g4, powerpc, no Java 1.6 available. Has there been a workaround for this? I couldn't readily find anything in this thread. I'm using a Pre, Mac OSX 10.5.8 (32-bit), No support for this in troubleshooting guide. SoyLatte doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Can I manually root and install things without WebOSQuickInstall? Thanks!
    I had the same problem on an older Mac; There's a port called SoyLatte that will work for you. It took me some digging and a bit of work to get it up and running on my 32-bit Mac, but all works now. Then you can use WebOSQuickInstall and whatever else you need.
    Maybe this has been answered already, but I couldn't find it in my searches. I'm running WebOS 1.2.1 . I had everything working great under 1.2, then the 1.2.1 update came. I've lost all my tweaks, but when I open WebOS QuickInstall, it shows them still active (checked), but they clearly are not. I've tried unchecking (which usually gives me an error and re-checking to try to reinstall them. Alas, to no avail. Anybody help on this one?
    Instead of sifting for hrs on end, I will just appologize if this problem has been adressed and appologize before hand.
    I have windows XP pro, on 2 desktops, and one laptop machines, I have tried 2.8 and 2.03 versions of webOS and both do the exact same thing. I am useing java 6 also.
    I install java, d/l both the webOS and webdoctor .jar files. I run the webOS jar file and the program starts. Here is where the problem is, if I click on file tweaks, or download button, the program just sits there, it's like it's frozen, can't close it or access anything else once I hit something in the program, I have to go to task manager, and end program. It says the program is running, but I have let it sit for up to 30 mins with nothing happening.
    So I am open to suggestions, I have sifted the forums and had no luck at all getting this to run. I have disabled all firewall and av scanners as well.
    Any help would be appreciated, because I would dearly love to use this program.
    I will edit and add as I remember so as to be as informational as possible, I have also taken the phone out of devmode rebooted/restarted the pre and put it back in devmode and rebooted/restarted it, still no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    Where did the apps go from Canuck? I downloaded the latest version of WebOS QI and when I try to get the Flashlight app from them, BAM, nothing shows up. Does anybody know why or have the files for the app they can send me. Thanks much
    Do a search in these forums for "My Flashlight." It will be two ipk files that you can install (drag-and-drop) using WebOS QI.

Quote Originally Posted by mcharkowski View Post
    Maybe this has been answered already, but I couldn't find it in my searches. I'm running WebOS 1.2.1 . I had everything working great under 1.2, then the 1.2.1 update came. I've lost all my tweaks, but when I open WebOS QuickInstall, it shows them still active (checked), but they clearly are not. I've tried unchecking (which usually gives me an error and re-checking to try to reinstall them. Alas, to no avail. Anybody help on this one?
    Two pages back:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2001534
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Instead of sifting for hrs on end, I will just appologize if this problem has been adressed and appologize before hand.
    I have windows XP pro, on 2 desktops, and one laptop machines, I have tried 2.8 and 2.03 versions of webOS and both do the exact same thing. I am useing java 6 also.
    I install java, d/l both the webOS and webdoctor .jar files. I run the webOS jar file and the program starts. Here is where the problem is, if I click on file tweaks, or download button, the program just sits there, it's like it's frozen, can't close it or access anything else once I hit something in the program, I have to go to task manager, and end program. It says the program is running, but I have let it sit for up to 30 mins with nothing happening.
    So I am open to suggestions, I have sifted the forums and had no luck at all getting this to run. I have disabled all firewall and av scanners as well.
    Any help would be appreciated, because I would dearly love to use this program.
    I will edit and add as I remember so as to be as informational as possible, I have also taken the phone out of devmode rebooted/restarted the pre and put it back in devmode and rebooted/restarted it, still no luck
    Check out this third post in the thread. It should answer your questions.
    -----------------
    Well I have downloaded java and web doctor multiple times now, and still no luck, I've done everything on that list and still no luck.
    I have prerware on my pre right now, and it's in dev mode still, and I have seen it work on the person that helped me install preware, I just cannot get it working here, but since I have seen it work I know it does truely work, and it would be really NICE to have and use. I personally do not have a pc of my own right now, I am borrowing my brother in laws pc's and laptop, just cannot get the program working here. I am working with 2.03 atm becuase thats what I used to put preware in my phone with.
    The program still freezes, but I can drag the box, shrink/minimize the box, I just cannot close the program or aces anything in the program once I hit download button or the file > device manager or file > tweaks
    I keep getting this "critical memory error". =(
    I firstly installed QI 7.2, then I dowloade preware and file manager; everything was working just fine but suddenly I couldnt even run preware because I had this "critical memory error" like when you have a lot of cards open. So I uninstall preware and try to install thing with with QI, It worked fine but then I tried to reinstall Preware and File Manager and it was a mess, Ut didnt work, nothing can be install now via QI because of the "critical memory" error. I removed all patches and moved to QI 1.8.2 looking for the solution, but its not working either... Now I have no patches and no way to put them back... somebody help...! Any ideas???
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don_isc View Post
    I keep getting this "critical memory error". =(
    I firstly installed QI 7.2, then I dowloade preware and file manager; everything was working just fine but suddenly I couldnt even run preware because I had this "critical memory error" like when you have a lot of cards open. So I uninstall preware and try to install thing with with QI, It worked fine but then I tried to reinstall Preware and File Manager and it was a mess, Ut didnt work, nothing can be install now via QI because of the "critical memory" error. I removed all patches and moved to QI 1.8.2 looking for the solution, but its not working either... Now I have no patches and no way to put them back... somebody help...! Any ideas???
    Try rebooting the phone.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Well I have downloaded java and web doctor multiple times now, and still no luck, I've done everything on that list and still no luck.
    I have prerware on my pre right now, and it's in dev mode still, and I have seen it work on the person that helped me install preware, I just cannot get it working here, but since I have seen it work I know it does truely work, and it would be really NICE to have and use. I personally do not have a pc of my own right now, I am borrowing my brother in laws pc's and laptop, just cannot get the program working here. I am working with 2.03 atm becuase thats what I used to put preware in my phone with.
    The program still freezes, but I can drag the box, shrink/minimize the box, I just cannot close the program or aces anything in the program once I hit download button or the file > device manager or file > tweaks

In WebOS Quick Install, clicking menu Tools->Device Management does absolutely nothing

This means WebOS Quick Install is unable to access the WebOSDoctor.jar file. Possibly corrupted jar file. You'll want to delete the WebOSDoctor.jar file then redownload from this link in post #1. Put that downloaded file in the same folder as WebOS Quick Install.

Make sure that the webosdoctor is named correctly with a .jar, as described and is in the same folder as the program. I would highly recomend you go ahead and download the latest version of webos qi. The only reason you might want to use 2.03 is if you have tweaks installed from it. You will want to remove them using 2.03.
    -----------------
    It works now!!! The issue is that I had some bad installed patches in the apps tab. I delete them all and now its working just fine.

Thanks for your help anyway =)
    I followed every step on the how to install homebrew apps post. Everything works perfectly until i get to pressing install on webos quick install. From there it says "error device not found" even though my computer recognized that i plugged in my pre. what do i do??
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    First, confirm your phone is in dev mode. This probably is the most common cause of this error. Then, confirm that you've installed Novacom. Reinstall it. If reinstall doesn't work, follow the directions on the first page of the QI thread to install it manually.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this issue is covered somewhere, but this thread is 97 pages long.

When I try to load different tweaks I get errors on some of them.

Here is an example of one:

LED option notification if prefs:

ERROR: An Error occured while attempting to run /imp/ipkgScript.sh
    The information about patching files and hunk fails and removing patches.

Can anyone help me Please?