Page 98 of 165 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    USERS: Maybe it's been said, already but don't download WebOS Doctor, first. Download the Quick Install file, then let IT download WebOS Doctor. The two files have two different names and I'm not sure QI recognizes the "natural" name of the Dr file.

I think that explains why some of us have had to keep re-downloading the Dr. files since we started using/updating QI.

Just a suggestion.
    This also may have to do with what browser you are using to download the software. Since I use Firefox, and have specified in the options to always ask where to save each downloaded file (which also allows you to specify the name of the file as you download), I have never had any problem. If you are getting a different named file, this might be why.

I started using WOQI with v1.4 and downloaded it, and the Dr from the links provided. That first version of WebOSDoctor (probably v1.03) is the only one I have. With each new version of WOQI, I have downloaded it to the same directory (renaming to include the version # each time), and am able to run each new version without any problems.
    Irish
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I tried to transfer a file with a space in the name to the Emulator, and WEBOS QI 2.82 truncated everything in the filename after and including the first space in the filename.

So I had to rename the file to its actual name on the emulator from the commandline.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I still have the "Device not found" error and I'm tired and totally frustrated of reading endless threats without finding any help.
    That's what I did:
    On 14.10.09 I installed WebOSQuickInstall.jar, after cehcking my java, novacmd.exe is intalled, everything worked fine, and I installed packet-manager-service and preware on my pre (webos 1.1.3).
    With this I installed many homebrew apps, and all went well until the update of musicplayerremix killed my pre, I had to softreset by four or five times.
    Danplc offered a downgrade for us european users at post #1349.
    Now I wanted to load this ipk-file from my pc to pre. I brought my pre in developer-mode, connected it, tapped on "charge only", started WebOSQuickInstall.jar, its window appeared, but it cannot transfer the file to my pre. It always says "Device not found" and "Searching device" no matter what I do (softreset pc, softreset pre endless, useless ....)
    What may be broken here?
    I didn't install any new software on my pc, and on my pre only some homebrew-apps using preware, which updated itself in the meantime.
    I'm thinking, there might be gravious errors in WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    Any help?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    How do you know that your Pre is in developer mode? What all do you think changed when you downgraded?

Finally, what makes you think QuickInstall has gravious errors? Do you understand the webOS and QuickInstall codes well enough to make that accusation or is it just because you plug in and it doesn't play?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I resolved my problem in a very simple way - it's astonishing:
    I resetted my pre again (left developer-mode) and now there was no problem for WebOSQuickInstall to connext to pre and installing directly from my pc.
    Another FYI for people getting the Device Not Found issue. Make sure you are connecting directly to a USB port on your PC and not going through a USB hub. When I plug in to a hub on my PC, WOSQI cannot find my Pre. But if I plug in to a USB port on my computer, it finds it every time.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yulyray View Post
    HELP ME PLEASE...I am trying to install WebOS quick install on my Mac and I am having some issues, a was able to install everything but when I try to do a tweak I get this error and my phone restarts;

ERROR: Unable process patch to /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

difflib.PatchFailedExceptopn: Incorrect Chuck: the chuck content doesn't match the target

PLEASE HELP!!
    First what version of WebOS is on your phone? Second, what version of WebOS Quick Install are you running? Third, doyou have any other patches installed?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    hey
    sorry i dint read the 1900Post lol but i have a little problem

I instaled a theam that effecs the core programing , and with Webos Theamer i cant reset to factory default Theam, with out using webDoctor. (cause the theame affected core programing i guess )

Also my laucher opacity is stuck at 0% when i try to get it back to normal i keep geting errors ... any clues?
    every time i try to use the Tweak function on the quick install program i get the message that says:

"Tweaking requires package manager, GNU patch, and diffstat to function. one or more of these are missing from your device. would you like to download and install them now?"

ive tried downloading and installing numerous times and i keep getting error messages every time that an error occured while trying to download so and so every time. if anyone has had a similar problem and knows whats wrong please help me out. thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    I still have the "Device not found" error and I'm tired and totally frustrated of reading endless threats without finding any help.
    That's what I did:
    On 14.10.09 I installed WebOSQuickInstall.jar, after cehcking my java, novacmd.exe is intalled, everything worked fine, and I installed packet-manager-service and preware on my pre (webos 1.1.3).
    With this I installed many homebrew apps, and all went well until the update of musicplayerremix killed my pre, I had to softreset by four or five times.
    Danplc offered a downgrade for us european users at post #1349.
    Now I wanted to load this ipk-file from my pc to pre. I brought my pre in developer-mode, connected it, tapped on "charge only", started WebOSQuickInstall.jar, its window appeared, but it cannot transfer the file to my pre. It always says "Device not found" and "Searching device" no matter what I do (softreset pc, softreset pre endless, useless ....)
    What may be broken here?
    I didn't install any new software on my pc, and on my pre only some homebrew-apps using preware, which updated itself in the meantime.
    I'm thinking, there might be gravious errors in WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    Any help?

hmmm , try using a diffrent USB port or and reinstaling NOvacom and Luma
    should solve the problem , if not you might have to WEBDOCTOR your phone

(dont forget to thank if it works )
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Here is a link to the forum that has the answer to your question.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html

Page 81 starts the 2.82 version discussion. Have you read the instructions on page 1?Page 89 has serveral people with same problem with some fixes?. Page 91 post #1810 has solved a certain problem, but do not know if this is your situation.
    Ok, I just bought a Pre two days ago. I downloaded all the files, and when I open WebOSquickinstall.jar it'll ask if I want to download WebOSdoctor, and I click yes, and then Sprint. Then it's just closes. That's it!
    Why? I'm on a Mac btw, and I have the newest version of Java!
    Quote Originally Posted by donniemiller14 View Post
    Ok, I just bought a Pre two days ago. I downloaded all the files, and when I open WebOSquickinstall.jar it'll ask if I want to download WebOSdoctor, and I click yes, and then Sprint. Then it's just closes. That's it!
    Why? I'm on a Mac btw, and I have the newest version of Java!
    umm did it finish the download? its supposed to download in the same folder/directory u have webOS quick install...after it "closes" just run webOS quick install and it should pop up
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Check the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR). Install this and this will remove all your patches w/o having to run WebDr. If you run webdr, you'll lose everything including data on your USB side. EPR only removes patches installed.
    is this OS version dependent? I ask because in Germany we use WebOS 1.1.3 instead of the newer american version.

Additionally, does it remove all patches or just those that were installed using WOSQI?

Thanks.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Captitano View Post
    Hi,

is this OS version dependent? I ask because in Germany we use WebOS 1.1.3 instead of the newer american version.

Additionally, does it remove all patches or just those that were installed using WOSQI?

Thanks.
    It removes all patches. It will take your Pre back to stock w/o erasing everything from your USB Side. However, I'm not sure if it will work with the German OS of the Pre?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    umm did it finish the download? its supposed to download in the same folder/directory u have webOS quick install...after it "closes" just run webOS quick install and it should pop up
    Yep it finished the download, should I just make one new folder and put both files in them, and go on from there?
    Which one should I open first.
    P.S
    Sorry for the totally newbish requests
    Yep it finished the download, should I just make one new folder and put both files in them, and go on from there?
    Which one should I open first.
    P.S
    Sorry for the totally newbish requests
    Take a moment to read the first 3 items on the 1st post. Also on that post in big red letters, it states NOT to run WebOSDoctor, only to download it. If you run it, it sets your phone back to out-of-the-box status.

There are many of us here happy to help you, but you also must take the initiative to read the instructions and documentation the author has provided. If you don't, you will be back here many times asking questions already answered in that documentation.
    Irish
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Take a moment to read the first 3 items on the 1st post. Also on that post in big red letters, it states NOT to run WebOSDoctor, only to download it. If you run it, it sets your phone back to out-of-the-box status.

There are many of us here happy to help you, but you also must take the initiative to read the instructions and documentation the author has provided. If you don't, you will be back here many times asking questions already answered in that documentation.
    I did read the OP. I guess I didn't understand, I never ran the WebOSdoctor. My palm was never plugged into the computer, is that the problem?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    Here is a link to the forum that has the answer to your question.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html

Page 81 starts the 2.82 version discussion. Have you read the instructions on page 1?Page 89 has serveral people with same problem with some fixes?. Page 91 post #1810 has solved a certain problem, but do not know if this is your situation.
    Whoa! Nice answer, chock full of help and references.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I did read the OP. I guess I didn't understand, I never ran the WebOSdoctor. My palm was never plugged into the computer, is that the problem?
    I misspoke. "Take a moment to read the first 3 items on the 1st post" should have stated "Take a moment to read the first 3 posts on the 1st page". You need to pay particular attention to the 2nd & 3rd, the Installation and Usage Guide and the Troubleshooting Guide.

Every question you have asked so far (and I am betting the next few coming) are covered in those two posts.
    Irish