Page 96 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I have webOS Quick Install version 2.82 and starting today when I try to use Tools-->Tweaks-->Online Repository to install patches, I get this error:

Error reading package list

Can a few of you confirm if you do or do not get this error message?

- Craig
    same error message
    I have webOS Quick Install version 2.82 and starting today when I try to use Tools-->Tweaks-->Online Repository to install patches, I get this error:

- Craig
    Confirmed 11:27 AM EST
    @rlanza1054 The filesystem for the pre is ext3, see: ext3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as far as I know there is no defrag tool because it is completely pointless, ext3 would gain no performance benefit. As for a tool I too would like to know if the pre comes with "****.ext3" this is the typical linux tool for checking integrity of an ext3 filesystem.

@The writers of this installer tool: why isn't this tool open source. You have a ton of people clamoring for updates and bugfixes, why not let the ones who know java (like me) add them? I personally would like to improve the quality of the command line built into the tool. Us linux Folk are pretty picky about our command lines

It does seem to work for most things pretty well though. Thanks for making this as available as it is.
    Sames here @ 12:45 EST
    Ditto-- "Error reading package list". That's no fun.

Shouldn't there be a file at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/canuck-software/Packages? I don't see anything at all there.

Edit: To be more accurate, I don't see anything in the file. The file is there, but, at least to an http call, is empty.
    Last edited by froggersloth; 10/26/2009 at 12:15 PM.

- Craig
    same error here also
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    what is the name of your quick installer file?
    It's the webos quick installer that was given here
    Hi all,

I have a powerbook g4, powerpc, no Java 1.6 available. Has there been a workaround for this? I couldn't readily find anything in this thread. I'm using a Pre, Mac OSX 10.5.8 (32-bit), No support for this in troubleshooting guide. SoyLatte doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Can I manually root and install things without WebOSQuickInstall? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I don't know if the java version here requires 1.6 or not.

Index of /

Worth a shot I guess. I heard there was a solution for your case for java 1.6. Dunno however.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I don't even know if this is possible but would it not be great to just pair your phone to your PC via BT and install apps that way no wires or anything? I know its wishful thinking but that would be cool like the Fonz only a lot cooler....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I don't even know if this is possible but would it not be great to just pair your phone to your PC via BT and install apps that way no wires or anything? I know its wishful thinking but that would be cool like the Fonz only a lot cooler....
    BT or, the easier for most people. WIFI. Does WOSQI target the USB Connected device via network IP?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Does anyone know if the dev is aware of the problem with QuickInstall? I haven't heard anything one way or the other. Since it's free, I really don't want to be a pest, but if the dev isn't aware of the problem, I though I might send a quick PM.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Glad to hear I'm not the only with the package list error.

I won't notify the dev - I'm assuming one of you already did. If that's not the case, please let me know.
    hello jason are you around ?? for some unknown reason i can not pull up online repository in web os QI it just keeps saying "error reading package list" and im not sure how to fix??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I can't seem to *remove* the Browser Multi-Mod. It always seems to be checked when I look back at the tweaks.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I can't seem to *remove* the Browser Multi-Mod. It always seems to be checked when I look back at the tweaks.
    are you using web os or preware?? try the one you havnt tried yet
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hello
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    are you using web os or preware?? try the one you havnt tried yet
    Thanks. No luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    well if you have terminal app on your pre you can try running those lines in my signature just make sure you put in the spaces and type everything exactly the same as you see it then try to uninstall again, it may work
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by arieberman View Post
    Hi all,

I have a powerbook g4, powerpc, no Java 1.6 available. Has there been a workaround for this? I couldn't readily find anything in this thread. I'm using a Pre, Mac OSX 10.5.8 (32-bit), No support for this in troubleshooting guide. SoyLatte doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Can I manually root and install things without WebOSQuickInstall? Thanks!
    If you have command line access on the Pre, there are manual installation instructions for Preware at the end of the Preware wiki page. Then once you have Preware installed you can use it to install anything else.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals