Page 95 of 165 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    hi jason,

i wanted to request a patch. you know when youre in a place where you cant get any signal like a subway and you get that annoying "no data connection, please contact sprint" alert. Can you make a patch so it just gets rid of that?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshowtime718 View Post
    hey jason i wanted 2 ask u a question, i kinda messed up my phone cause i installed a patch i wasnt suppose 2. i had 2 run osdoctor and i lost everything on my phone! is there a easier way cause i remember when u was on palmcast u was working on sumthing that if u connect ur device da app da software would detect wats wrong with ur phone and u wont loose n e thing! is that software up and running yet? and by da way u r da man! I can say all da hard work has made my pre so much better! Thanx
    It's been available for quite some time now:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1913582
    Steve
    Wow thanx, i never knew lol
    So, I installed the 4x4 icons v2 patch using WebOS Quick Install. Now I see that there's a v3. How can I live without it? Anyway, I'd like to install it, but I'm getting "Hunk ... FAILED" message. Since the patching process relies on a certain initial state (probably the Palm default) I'm guessing that I need to uninstall the previous one. How does one do that using WebOS Quick Install?
  5.    #1885  
    it doesn't matter on an initial state, per say, but it does require the hunks to be accurate content, which in this case it wouldn't as both patches change the same area.

Go Tools->Device Management and change from "Applications" to "Patches". You can uninstall there.
    Love it! Thanks for making Homebrew so easy to install on the Pre!
    Wasn't sure where to post this question so if this is the wrong place just move it or let know where to ask it!

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there a command on the Pre probably have to be done through a Terminal program, that can do a disk check. Like chkdsk, is the one for WebOS.

Just to check the integrity of the files and file structure, like chkdisk.

Also, and I don't think it's good to use too much, but a 'defrag' command as well.

I did try and look for it at WebOS Internals but could find it, but I'm not good for stuff over there.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ok for real why in the does this thing keep moving one day its in home brew now in canuck i don't get it make up your mind ONE OR THE OTHER haha good job Jaosn
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this question so if this is the wrong place just move it or let know where to ask it!

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there a command on the Pre probably have to be done through a Terminal program, that can do a disk check. Like chkdsk, is the one for WebOS.

Just to check the integrity of the files and file structure, like chkdisk.

Also, and I don't think it's good to use too much, but a 'defrag' command as well.

I did try and look for it at WebOS Internals but could find it, but I'm not good for stuff over there.

Also wanted to say that other then the media drive windows will not be able to see the Linux partition...

Thanks!

Rob
    Well when running your pre as a USB drive you can defrag it but other then that your should not need to far as disk check if its in drive mode you may be able too... but again you should not have to.... are you having some kind of problems?
    USERS: Maybe it's been said, already but don't download WebOS Doctor, first. Download the Quick Install file, then let IT download WebOS Doctor. The two files have two different names and I'm not sure QI recognizes the "natural" name of the Dr file.

I think that explains why some of us have had to keep re-downloading the Dr. files since we started using/updating QI.

Just a suggestion.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Ok for real why in the does this thing keep moving one day its in home brew now in canuck i don't get it make up your mind ONE OR THE OTHER haha good job Jaosn
    I 2nd this - however the forum is A LOT harder to find now .. I think your mind should have been made itself up to to end up where it started, instead of here lol

still love love love wosqi though
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Well when running your pre as a USB drive you can defrag it but other then that your should not need to far as disk check if its in drive mode you may be able too... but again you should not have to.... are you having some kind of problems?
    I already realized that I probably could run a chkdsk when hooking up the Pre via USB.

But that only checks the media partition.

I wanted to chkdsk the whole Pre, with a linux command.

And the reason, just to check the integrity of the files and file system.

You know how every once in a while something goes wrong with the 'table system' example if it's a FAT partition, you have the FAT table. And a check disk makes sure the pointer are correct.

Things like unexpected reboots are usually the cause of those kind of errors, where the Pre rebooted or got hung just as it was writing data. That's generally how those errors get there.

And just checking the USB partition is not checking the whole Pre.

And the only way right now, is to do a total WebOS Doctor. The WebOS Repair utility is just for getting back missing files. Not for checking corrupted files or the table.

That's the reason!

Now does that sound reasonable to ask that kind of question?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Just got Pre about 3 days ago and trying to put apps and themes on it but cant figure out how to can someone help me out please
    http://forums.precentral.net/images/...s/confused.gif
    Did you read the first three posts in this thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1946232

Posts 1 , 2 and 3
    I've went through all the steps and nothing is working. the quick installer won't open and I've uninstalled and re-stalled and made sure I had the updated java and I don't know what else I should do.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    what is the name of your quick installer file?
    I have webOS Quick Install version 2.82 and starting today when I try to use Tools-->Tweaks-->Online Repository to install patches, I get this error:

Error reading package list

Can a few of you confirm if you do or do not get this error message?

- Craig
    I have been doing everything and I still get the error... please help... when i click on the reinstallation button is something supposed to pop up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I have webOS Quick Install version 2.82 and starting today when I try to use Tools-->Tweaks-->Online Repository to install patches, I get this error:

Error reading package list

Can a few of you confirm if you do or do not get this error message?

- Craig
    Confirmed - same error message.
    the reply i get is error no device found