Page 93 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by IANTGOMEZ View Post
    Palm Pre; Mac OSX 10.4.11, 32 bit. Installed WEBOS QUICK INSTALL but keep getting the "No Device Detected". Followed all the troubleshooting steps more than once but no luck.
    did you really follow all the steps? My impression is that many people don't believe that they really have to type in that strange string upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart. If so, just do it and try again.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex
    When I run the latest version of webosquickinstall.jar and try to pull the feeds, i get an error "ERROR DOWNLOADING PACKAGE FEED" , and "ERROR: Invalid feed url."
    This happens to all the feeds...

Any one else getting it?
    What is it when I use the webOS to "Revert to Default" theme, its taking forever????? I mean like hours and it still isn't done.
    I was under the impression that the webos & preware stuff was still down because of the installation of the extra 16G RAM? any news on that? I still can't tweak my phone
    I'm trying to use the phone as a drive and unload pics and load ringtones. It works great with WebOS QI. what is stopping it from mounting as a USB drive now? Is DEV mode causing this or something else? Thanks in advance...
    I cant see the attach file to sownload WebOSQuickinstall.jar at the bottom of forum Message #1?
    I followed all the instructions for the dev mode process, tried three more times. Re downloaded webos quick install and webos doctor and it still gives me that message.

Please advise,
    Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleU-B View Post
    When I run the latest version of webosquickinstall.jar and try to pull the feeds, i get an error "ERROR DOWNLOADING PACKAGE FEED" , and "ERROR: Invalid feed url."
    This happens to all the feeds...

Any one else getting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geministyle View Post
    I was under the impression that the webos & preware stuff was still down because of the installation of the extra 16G RAM? any news on that? I still can't tweak my phone
    I just tested WebOS Quick Install and found all feeds accessible. Even downloaded a "Package Manager" update and installed it just to be certain it was working OK.

Perhaps you may be making these attempts from your work locations where firewalls or other security measures may be in effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    I just tested WebOS Quick Install and found all feeds accessible. Even downloaded a "Package Manager" update and installed it just to be certain it was working OK.

Perhaps you may be making these attempts from your work locations where firewalls or other security measures may be in effect?
    no, I'm at home. I'm going to try again (had to do the whole upupdowndown thing) when I try to tweak, I get the message that I need to download some kind of package manager, but when I try, I get error messages. and advice on what to try next? (this phone is a replacement & I'm just trying to get it tweaked out like my old one was)
    So for the past month I've been trying to get WebOS Quick Install to work my new laptop running Vista 32bit and have been having no LOVE what so ever! So finally I had enough.... busted out my old laptop with Window XP formatted that bad boy reinstalled XP and went to work....... Got everything up and running, preware on the pre, homebrew coming from WebOS QI. Im so happy. Thanks Jason!

Seriously..... I just shot my wad!
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvollrath View Post
    I'm trying to use the phone as a drive and unload pics and load ringtones. It works great with WebOS QI. what is stopping it from mounting as a USB drive now? Is DEV mode causing this or something else? Thanks in advance...
    What are you asking? USB mode and WebOS QI have nothing to do with one another. When you connect your Pre to your PC, choose "USB Drive" on your Pre. If you want to use WebOS QI, choose "Just Charge" on your Pre. If you're in the "Just Charge" mode, you can't access your USB Drive. The USB part of your Pre is NOT mounted when you chose "Just Charge."

Quote Originally Posted by IANTGOMEZ View Post
    I followed all the instructions for the dev mode process, tried three more times. Re downloaded webos quick install and webos doctor and it still gives me that message.

Please advise,
    Ian
    Try this: Go to add/remove programs > Novacom > Uninstall.

Now after you've uninstalled, go to WebOS QI > File > Options > Reinstall Novacom.

See if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell30tx View Post
    I cant see the attach file to sownload WebOSQuickinstall.jar at the bottom of forum Message #1?
    The link is right below the "Donate" icon, near the top of the page of post #1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    no, I'm at home. I'm going to try again (had to do the whole upupdowndown thing) when I try to tweak, I get the message that I need to download some kind of package manager, but when I try, I get error messages. and advice on what to try next? (this phone is a replacement & I'm just trying to get it tweaked out like my old one was)
    You might try WebOS Quick Install's Tools->Device Management. Take a look at what it thinks is installed on your phone. You will be able to confirm the version of Palm WebOS (1.2.1) on the left-hand panel. On the right under User-Installed Content, check for the following three items:

Diffstat
    GNU Patch
    Package Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    You might try WebOS Quick Install's Tools->Device Management. Take a look at what it thinks is installed on your phone. You will be able to confirm the version of Palm WebOS (1.2.1) on the left-hand panel. On the right under User-Installed Content, check for the following three items:

Diffstat
    GNU Patch
    Package Manager
    I just did that & no those 3 items arent on it. They are the items quick install keeps giving me error messages trying to install. Any suggestions on how I can get those on their? Thanks so much for helping, I really appreciate it
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok so I did the patch through the Online Repository. How do I undo that patch?

Nevermind I figured it out through Device Management.
    I'm totally new to any of this, but I have a question.

If I put it into Dev mode and plug it in to run WebOS, would I have to put it back in regular mode? or would it do that by itself?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by on the outside View Post
    I'm totally new to any of this, but I have a question.

If I put it into Dev mode and plug it in to run WebOS, would I have to put it back in regular mode? or would it do that by itself?

Sorry if it's a dumb question.
    It doesn't go back to regular mode by itself, you have to switch it to "off". But I leave mine in Dev mode all the time and i have no problems with my Pre.
    Steve
    Thank you.

Would there be any mojor differences in the two?
    Last edited by on the outside; 10/22/2009 at 07:30 PM.
    I just did that & no those 3 items arent on it. They are the items quick install keeps giving me error messages trying to install. Any suggestions on how I can get those on their? Thanks so much for helping, I really appreciate it
    Connect your Pre to your PC (not certain we have established that you are using a Mac or Windows or Linux based PC), and start up WebOS Quick Install. Click the Repositories button - that's the one just below the "plus" and "minus" buttons at the right side of the screen. Select the WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre). You should see both Diffstat and GNU Patch listed. Click the checkboxes for both of those, then click the Download button. You should see a pop-up window indicating the successful download of those files. Click the Close button at the bottom of the Repository Viewer. Notice that two files are now listed in "Files to Install". Click the "Install" button at the bottom center of the WebOS Quick Install window. You will see pop-ups indicating the installation progress of each one. Once those go away, the "Files to Install" list becomes empty.

Click the Repositories button again. This time, select the WebOS-Internals Feed (all) and find the Package Manager Service. Click the checkbox beside it and click Download. A pop-up shows the progress, then disappears. Click the Close button at the bottom of the Repository Viewer. The Package Manager Service file is now listed in "Files to Install". Click the "Install" button at the bottom center of the WebOS Quick Install window. You will see a pop-up indicating the installation progress. Once it goes away, close the WebOS Quick Install program and disconnect your Pre from your PC. Restart your Pre completely. Once it is back up, connect your Pre back to the PC, and check for the presence of the packages using WebOS Quick Install's Tools->Device Management feature as I previously described. If you now see them, you are ready to begin tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by on the outside View Post
    Thank you.

Would there be any mojor differences in the two?
    You can leave it in Dev mode, but the difference is that if it's left in DEV mode it's susceptible to being hacked or hijacked. It's open to the world and the partition that runs the Pre is out there.

When it's not in Dev mode, nobody even you can get the that partition.

I personally just keep it out of Dev mode when I'm not tweaking.

And when you use either WEBOSQI or Preware just install the tweak that will always show the DEV mode app, so you don't have to type in the upupdowndown stuff.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I cant get the Smileys patch to download or the SMS tone per contact, states Error, an error occured when attempted to run *.ipk (inset file name)