Page 92 of 165 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    I dont understand this step... upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

am I missing something? Where do you type it at?
    jason thanks so much, it took me along time but this rules. thanks again for all your hard work
    just click web and then just type it in like you would a web adress but no "www". no spaces
    Quote Originally Posted by daerah View Post

you just start typing it in, as if you were trying to find an app & when u get to the last t, the web dev app will pop up
    Quote Originally Posted by daerah View Post

Quote Originally Posted by don9486 View Post
    just click web and then just type it in like you would a web adress but no "www". no spaces
    Both approaches are described in the link below (as well as in many other threads here at Precentral -- But, I'm having a good day so I'll just say "Search is your friend" and then answer your question anyway.)

If the Konami code is a little long for you (and subject to errors), you can type into universal search: webos20090606

Once you are up and running on WebOS QI or Preware, you can enable a patch that will set the Dev Mode icon to always appear without using these undocumented codes to use it.

See here:

There are now two ways to enter developer mode in webOS | Palm WebOS
    Last edited by greenawayj; 10/21/2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WebOS Quick Install v2.82

This program is intended for use with WebOS applications that are in-testing, which under section 4.2 of the Palm SDK License Agreement allows for such unapproved applications to be installed on Palm devices. Applications installed with WebOS Quick Install have not be tested by Palm and are installed at your own risk.

This program is freeware, but not opensource. Feel free to share it with other testing forums.

I can be contacted at support@canuck-software.ca
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.

Donations are appreciated as I'm just one person developing this app during my spare time.

Enjoy! :-)

Download Here

NOTE: If you went back to v2.03, you MUST remove those tweaks before updating. V2.5-2.6 tweaks will be removed automatically.

Requirements
    • WebOSDoctor recovery rom
      • Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS factory settings
      • If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar

• Java 1.6
      • For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.

• Novacom
      • You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
      • If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
      • For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

• DevMode enabled
      • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    • Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch

Features
    • Stylish easy-to-use GUI.
    • Cross-platform support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
    • Supports postinst and prerm scripts.
    • Tweaks panel for OS customization on a deeper level.
    • Full device theming support
    • Supports standard ipkg feeds.
    • No Linux knowledge required, no root access required.
    • Support for .ipk, .patch, and .diff files
    • Works with both USB-connected WebOS devices and the WebOS emulator.
    • Full device information section with management of user-installed applications.
    • Send and receive files to and from a WebOS device.
    • Quick-access link to the PreCentral homebrew forums.
    • Handy usage panel that explains the earlier-mentioned requirements.

Screenshots

Known Issues
    - None so far

Change Log
    v2.82 - October 14, 09
    - iPhone User Agent Spoof uses its own backup method
    - Fixed control reading error with some ipks
    - Fixed issue certain users were have reinstalling certain program

v2.81 - October 13, 09
    - Fixed issue preventing diffstat and GNU patch installation
    - Various minor bugs fixed

v2.8 - October 13, 09
    - remove need of package manager for tweaking
    - uses new webos-patches online repo url
    - now has smaller improved auto-correction dictionaries for faster loading
    - fixed browser multi-mod
    - fixed launcher opacity mod
    - fixed issue with installing .patch files directly that could cause serious issues
    - updated iPhone user agent spoof mod for 1.2.1
    - fixed Ipkg Viewer issue preventing switching to other feeds
    - updated webosdoctor download urls
    - added "luna restart" button so you can apply as many tweaks as you want then choose when to restart the interface
    - added new Linux Commandline section for direct Linux access

v2.72 - October 4, 09
    - Fixed an issue that in certain circumstances deeply affected theming

v2.71 - October 4, 09
    - Added Package Manager to Tweak requirements

v2.7 - October 4, 09
    - Added reset flag support
    - Updated Sprint/Bell WebOSDoctor URLs
    - Added Patch integration into Device Management
    - Fixed issue where uninstalled apps would still appear in Device Management
    - Redesigned Tweaks into a tabbed interface
    - Completely reimplemented virtual keyboard config support
    - Added patch repository support to Tweaks
    - Completely redid the internal patcher coding
    - Patch format now compatible with Preware
    - Greatly improved Ipkg Feed app info window
    - Fixed bug affecting custom ipkg feeds
    - Added PreYourMind and Canuck Software feeds
    - Updated theming to support new patch-compatible format
    - Added support for .patch and .diff files in the main screen

Special thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to the cause: those who donate, those who help test, those who help teach me new things, and those who help out with new users. This app wouldn't be what it is without you guys
    I downloaded both the quick install and the web OS Doctor and then moved them into the same folder that I created called pre on my desktop; after doing this I then double clicked on the quick install icon that I created for my desktop and it still asks me if I want to install web OS Doctor to continue. I then clicked yes and when the doctor was done downloading again, quick install opened and when I went to test it out in the tweaks section, it wouldnt open up, it did absolutely nothing. I've been working on this for a couple days now and not getting anywhere, getting a little frustrated. I have XP, 32 bit with updated Java, any thoughts?
    Hi folks -- a techie question for those of you talented enough to answer....

d00heden (dev of the Quick Event homebrew app) has written a patch to extend universal search functionality to apply the Universal Search text to create a calendar entry using the shorthand of Quick Event.

i.e. Lunch 11am-1330 next monday at Boston Beerworks becomes

Event: Lunch.
    When: Monday Oct 26th 11:00am - 1:30pm
    Where: Boston Beerworks

Description of the patch and attachment of .diff.txt file is in the OP at http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...try-adder.html

In the OP, d00heden clearly describes the 'hard way' to get his .diff file applied to the Pre. I'm fairly tech savvy, but I just haven't gone there yet (Thanks to Jason and the Preware guys, I haven't needed to -- would probably be fun and all -- just have not had the time).

So my statement / question(s) are....

I've only seen other WebOS QI compatible patches which use the .patch extension and not the .diff or .diff.txt extensions.

Can WebOS QI be used to install this patch?

* if so, would removal of the patch be compatible with the backup/restore features of WebOS QI?

* If not, what would it take to convert the .diff.txt file to a .patch file?

and for completeness sake, would this patch be incompatible for anyone who has already installed patches to extend the universal search functionality to other search engines... i.e. just "KeyToss Keyword Search" patch right now I guess...

The Quick Event app is great for those of us making calendar entries often, but would be even better with the Universal Search functionality.

Thanks in advance.
    all "patches" are text files containing output of a diff program (well except for binary patches like iphone spoof which are a completely different topic). The extension is meaningless. .diff, .txt, .patch, .whatever are all just semantics. simply renaming it as .patch is all it takes.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    all "patches" are text files containing output of a diff program (well except for binary patches like iphone spoof which are a completely different topic). The extension is meaningless. .diff, .txt, .patch, .whatever are all just semantics. simply renaming it as .patch is all it takes.
    Thanks. Sorry to have you read my "War and Peace" post for just the simple answer (which I thought might be the case).
  10.    #1830  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    So my statement / question(s) are....

I've only seen other WebOS QI compatible patches which use the .patch extension and not the .diff or .diff.txt extensions.

Can WebOS QI be used to install this patch?
    Yes, as long as its a unified-format diff, both .patch and .diff files work.

* if so, would removal of the patch be compatible with the backup/restore features of WebOS QI?
    It's be compatible with the standard patch removal system in both WebOS Quick Install and Preware, yes. It'd also be fully compatible with the Emergency Patch Recovery.

and for completeness sake, would this patch be incompatible for anyone who has already installed patches to extend the universal search functionality to other search engines... i.e. just "KeyToss Keyword Search" patch right now I guess...
    As long as they don't overwrite the exact same lines, should apply fine.
    Hey Jason,

In webos QI under the tools tab, there is a send file option. Could there be a send folder option. Lets say you wanted to send a complete file of calendar icons at one time. That way you wouldnt have to move one by one.
    Error:
    No Device found

can't seem to figure this out. please help!
    my device still cant be discovered what other steps can i do
    still get no device connected
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikstang4me View Post
    Error:
    No Device found

can't seem to figure this out. please help!
    try re-install novacom inside wosqi if that still doesn't allow it to work, reboot your pc and try connecting again.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    i installed webos quick install and nothin that i click will open...anybody know what the deal is with this?!?!?!?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    LED notifications installed fine & is enabled but the LED doesn't automatically blink when the screen is off & a message arrives. It only starts blinking after I press the on button to display the screen & then press it again to hide the display. Something is wrong here.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I had to uninstall the "Email working in landscape" tweak because it interfered with landscape mode while web browsing. Browsing would automatically start in landscape mode but would not revert to portrait mode at all or would take a minute or two to switch over. Any thoughts?
    Palm Pre; Mac OSX 10.4.11, 32 bit. Installed WEBOS QUICK INSTALL but keep getting the "No Device Detected". Followed all the troubleshooting steps more than once but no luck.

Any suggestions?
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikstang4me View Post
    Error:
    No Device found
    I think the most common error is not to activate the DevMode. To do that just type in:
    upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

Then the switcher appears where you can activate the DevMode. Done that, you should try it again.
    Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Alex