Page 90 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny--2k View Post
    Question, with the text message forwarding, it works great except for one problem,

I have a text message with an image in it that it will not let me forward. I click it, it asks, I say yes, then nothing happens...it just stays in that same conversation.

Any suggestions?
    Same here or almost , I can forward text but not the audio file.
    Just started f'in around with Quick Install and made the mistake of trying to install the "Show Actual Battery Percent" tweak from the Online Repository, after installing the "Battery % in Top Header tweak from the tabs. Needless to say, I couldn't get the Battery % to show again and couldn't get the "Show Actual Battery Percent" tweak to go away with out applying the EPR.

Did that after removing my theme and reinstalled all the tweaks. However, now for some reason when I click on "Virtual Keyboard" from the Online Repository, it just hangs with all 3 buttons greyed out and "Please Wait..." where the "Close" text normally is. Should I use the WebOS Repair Utility to clean out any remnants of the patch that might be causing it to not reinstall properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by soleobjective View Post
    i'll try that and see what happens
    Did that work for you? I found that if I have my Pre plugged in and then start QI, it won't recognize it. But if I start QI first, then attach the Pre, it finds it.
    Hi guys,

Will webosdoc work on my german Palm Pre? I'm worried due to the fact that it asks me for either sprint or bell....I'm on o2

Thanxx
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vitovox View Post
    Hi guys,

Will webosdoc work on my german Palm Pre? I'm worried due to the fact that it asks me for either sprint or bell....I'm on o2

Thanxx
    i believe o2 is 1.1.3 bell and sprint are at 1.2.1 so i dont think it would work for you.
    ok so my pre showed me I had an update the other morning and I was asleep and without thinking I updated(1.2.1) it with out removing any of the tweaks so now I try to reapply my tweaks and I get all kinds of errors. I even went as far as to download the new webos quick loader. Any help here would be greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Anyone else with this problem?
    All the tweaks etc in 2.81 and 2.82 work perfectly EXCEPT - change launcher opacity.
    I get hunk errors eery time. I have the tweak installed from before via 2.03 and it works perfectly. I remove it, restart and then run Web repair. Repair geto to the css launcher html file, says it old/modified and I say to repair it. Restart after and launcher is back to stock. Try to install it via 2.81 or 2.81 and I get the same modified file hunk error.
    Then I restart, fire up 2.03 and install the tweak. Restart and the launcher opacity is where I set it (50%).
    This is the only tweak I am having an issue with. Also, this is the only file that Web Repair finds needing attention. Everything else is clean.
    Hi,
    today I tried to install few homebrew apps on my pre. Unfortunately it stuck on quick install. Everytime I hit "install" nothing happend!
    I tried to open file->option and tools->tweaks - nothing (not even an error message).

My configuration:
    Palm Pre (German version 1.1.3)
    Mac OS 10.6.1 64bit
    Java SE6 (just updated)
    WebOS Quick Install 2.82
    WebOSDoctor for O2 Germany

Both files are installed/stored in the same directory.

Thanks in advance for your support!
    i really want to be able to get themes for my pre but i dont understand why i cant download this thing!
    it keeps saying "error no device detected" and i dont know why. its actually pretty irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDodd View Post
    it keeps saying "error no device detected" and i dont know why. its actually pretty irritating.
    Make sure your Pre is in Developer mode.

If it is, we've (I've) found that after trying to 're-install novacom' and that still does not work, simply reboot your computer.

A simple reboot of your computer will help.

Hope this helps!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I'm having problems applying the patch for messaging in landscape. I get error messages in any way I try preware or quickinstal.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Ok, I know I am new hear and everything, but what am I doing wrong. I got the SDK installed with no errors. novacom installed with no erros. My device is in dev mod with no erros. I still get unable to find device error when I try to install something. What am I missing?

BTW I am running windows 7 and per the directions that came with the tool.

UPDATE:

If I goto a command prompt and use novacom -l repeatedly I can get it to display device after a few tries. When I try to issue a command I get

Code:
    C:\Users\Ken>novacom -l

57965 51288a7dee792d1357b7fdb46465888e8a4a7928 usb castle-linux

C:\Users\Ken>novacom -t open tty://
    root@castle:/# ←[Jnovacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by kenotic; 10/20/2009 at 03:43 AM. Reason: More information added
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi,

Getting my UK O2 Palm Pre through the post today. Will I be able to apply these tweaks ?

Is there a specfic WebOSDoctor for UK O2 ?

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    something strange...
    i get the patches installed with no problem they run perfect.
    i even get the themes on perfectly

but since sprint navigation wont work
    anytime i try and open an email it takes a while
    and it seems my battery drains like crazy...

any suggestions???
    OK, I downloaded WebOS Quick Install 2.82....What am I doing wrong? I wanted to add some of the new tweaks and it seems I can no longer add ANY tweaks. Did I forget to do something?
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    I can't download the DiffStat or GNU Patch (or any patches for that matter). I am running QI v2.82 and WebOS 1.2.1. See attachment for the error I am getting. Is the repository down or something? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Same here or almost , I can forward text but not the audio file.
    I have been able to forward image without text, or text when its by itself.

Not sure how much of this is a homebrew error and how much of it is a webOS error. My thinking is at least of these few things that are "missing" from webOS currently that we are patching/tweaking to use were made to be "missing" by palm do to lack of complete functionality.

I've been meaning to right up my one week review of the Pre and include some of these things I have noticed. I know some of this homebrew code is brand new code and some of it is accessing things that are programmed in webos but have been removed from user access due to function.

So my thought on this one, is text forwarding was not included due to the way the pre is currently handing the text msg and how it attempts to forward it. Same deal with the custom messaging tones..... the fact that you can't stop a tone once it has started may be why palm hasn't activated that feature.... etc. Just saying I think some of the patch issues are not issues with the patches, but issues possibly with the way the applications attempt to handle the function.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezidual View Post
    I can't download the DiffStat or GNU Patch (or any patches for that matter). I am running QI v2.82 and WebOS 1.2.1. See attachment for the error I am getting. Is the repository down or something? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Are you trying to install them with the repository or with the auto install when trying to access the tweak menu. I know initially I was getting errors trying to use the auto install when accessing the tweaks area in QI, then went thru the repository (IIRC) and manually installed each program with no issues. This was on 2.7ish of QI....