Page 89 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    It's me again.

The method described above worked fine for me, I now have Preware on my German O2 Pre... great stuff! Thanks very much to all who contribute to this!
    Thanks @maxima2k53 and cas_esq, both your posts helped me, I reinstalled the novacom drivers using the install files and the restarted the services 2 times, now my Pre gets recognized.

The tweaks and everything works.

Big thx to this forum for the fast help
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    You're welcome.

Feel free to hit the Thanks! button as a show of gratitude if you think it's warranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prevangelist View Post
    1. Searched the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Christoph\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment" (I got this folder through the link that was created by the WebOSDoctor downloader on my desktop) for a file that was larger than 150 MB. Name in my case was 568a7520-155bcc19. I assumed that this was the main webOSdoctor jar file that is required by WebOS QI.
    Great tip; thanks! I'm on Ubuntu, and couldn't find the link you mention, but your hint was enough for me to find the file. In my case it was:

~/.java/deployment/cache/6.0/7/7cff3c47-3892ac51

Why does Palm have to make it so hard to just get the jar file? :-P
    I had the same problem, here is what I did:

1. Searched the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Christoph\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment" (I got this folder through the link that was created by the WebOSDoctor downloader on my desktop) for a file that was larger than 150 MB. Name in my case was 568a7520-155bcc19. I assumed that this was the main webOSdoctor jar file that is required by WebOS QI.

2. I copied the file to the download location of the Quick Installer and renamed it to webOSDoctor.jar.

3. Started the Quick Installer -> it works!

I have NOT installed anything through the Quick Installer so far, so take these instructions with a grain of salt. I will report back later when I know if it fully works.
    HUGE thanks - got this running for my UK Pre.

Only problem is that several (actually, most) of the tweaks won't install - I got the % battery level working, but most showed errors... I wonder if it's the early WebOS.

News tonight is that UK has updated to 1.1.3 (woo-hoo!).
    Quote Originally Posted by richardfrank View Post
    HUGE thanks - got this running for my UK Pre.

Only problem is that several (actually, most) of the tweaks won't install - I got the % battery level working, but most showed errors... I wonder if it's the early WebOS.

News tonight is that UK has updated to 1.1.3 (woo-hoo!).
    Seems strange to start the UK off on a back dated version of the web OS been having the same problems and this could actually explain why the deeper tweaks don't work. Saying that I got the battery theme to work on the matrix theme a couple of days ago. (Also on UK I really want sms tones to work )
    After loading v2.8.2 of webOS Quick Install and loading the SMS Tone Per Contact patch (haven't made any specific changes; still set to default settings), along with Preware, my notifications no longer vibrate nor play the normal sound; they only give me the LED notification. Anyone else experience this or know if this is related to my loading of webOS QI, the patch, or Preware? How do I get my notification sound/vibration back?

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I get the following error when I try to install the battery percentage (with battery icon) in the top bar:

"ERROR: An error occured while attemting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume - R?[n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.battery-percent-and-icon from root...
    (offline root mode not running org.webosinternals.patches.battery-ercent-and-icon.prerm)"

Why do I continue to get this message when I use QuickInstall, even though I've gone so far as to do a full reset of my Pre and uninstall/reinstall the QuickInstall/WebOSDoctor files?

Please help.
    Hey I get an error with most things I try to install.

I get this error when I try to install the 4x4 icon thing.

Any help?

To the people having problems with patches: from what I read elsewhere on this board (can't find the link right now, sorry), there are issues with most of the patches and version 1.1.3, since they are optimized for 1.2.1 already. So for now, I decided to stay away from patches completely and wait for the US and EU versions to be on par, which will hopefully be very soon.

Edit: Searched for the thread again, here it is:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...at-doesnt.html

Edit2: I can't seem to get the link right, sorry. You have to delete everything up until the second "http". I have no idea why that happens...

It contains also a list of patches that work under 1.1.3. Still, I would not touch them, just to make sure...
    Last edited by Prevangelist; 10/18/2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added link to other thread.
    To the people having problems with patches: from what I read elsewhere on this board (can't find the link right now, sorry), there are issues with most of the patches and version 1.1.3, since they are optimized for 1.2.1 already. So for now, I decided to stay away from patches completely and wait for the US and EU versions to be on par, which will hopefully be very soon.

Edit: Searched for the thread again, here it is:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...at-doesnt.html

Edit2: I can't seem to get the link right, sorry. You have to delete everything up until the second "http". I have no idea why that happens...

It contains also a list of patches that work under 1.1.3. Still, I would not touch them, just to make sure...
    Thank you for looking into this. After re-reading your post, however, it has come to my attention that it doesn't really apply to me because I'm running 1.2.1 on my Pre (U.S. customer).

I removed all tweaks before the 1.2 and 1.2.1 updates, and I re-installed them after the updates. They were working fine.

Since then, I removed them once (I forgot why b/c I didn't have to remove them) and haven't been able to re-install. I'm at a loss. I've even done a full reset of my phone, uninstalled/reinstalled QuickInstall, but have not been able to tweak my phone again.
    So if I install tweaks/patches via Preware do they not show up on WOSQI?
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    After loading v2.8.2 of webOS Quick Install and loading the SMS Tone Per Contact patch (haven't made any specific changes; still set to default settings), along with Preware, my notifications no longer vibrate nor play the normal sound; they only give me the LED notification. Anyone else experience this or know if this is related to my loading of webOS QI, the patch, or Preware? How do I get my notification sound/vibration back?

Thx!
    ME
    Try restarting your phone. Or adding some ringtones for those and then restarting your phone.
    i need help! i accidentally erased preware after trying to upgrade and cannot reinstall it. please give me some tips how to start all over...
    Hey.
    I'm running mac os 10.4.11
    I updated to the most current Java and running Soylatte.
    When I open webosquickinstall, I get a message saying that I need to close the other webos app before running. Nothing else is open. I try and open it again and it quits 2 seconds later.
    Anybody have he same trouble?
    Ok, I need helpppppp... normally i can figure stuff out but I am befuddled here.

I've downloaded webosdoctor and webosquickinstall.
    Java is proper and I did everything according to the manual up until installing novacom.

When I got into quick install and click usb -ok and novacom installs it stops and says: System Information has encoutered a problem and needs to close. looking into the error these were the files included....
    C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER60ad.dir00\systeminfo.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER60ad.dir00\appcompat.txt

***!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Metorks View Post
    Alright, I read through the first 37 pages of this thread before my eyes gave out on me, so don't kill me if this has already been brought up.

Anyway, is there, or could there be, a way to prevent the Pre from automatically updating? My Pre just went from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 overnight without any input from myself, and it messed up my patches/tweaks (of course). If there were a tweak to block to auto-updates, that would be great. Better yet, how about a tweak that would automatically remove all existing tweaks (directly from phone) before allowing the update to go through.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    That already exists. It's called ERP (Emergency Recovery Patch) in the repository. Install the ERP and restart Luna and you're back to a stock Pre (unless you meant an app that is loaded onto your phone that does this?)

Quote Originally Posted by viper699 View Post
    i just installed the new web os doctor for version 1.2.1 and when i downloaded the web os quick install and the repair utility and try to launch the programs i get the message web os doctor is not installed...Could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong
    Do you have WebOS Quick Install and WEbDR in the same folder? They need to be in the same folder for WebOS QI to work.

Quote Originally Posted by forrestrose View Post
    Ok, I need helpppppp... normally i can figure stuff out but I am befuddled here.

I've downloaded webosdoctor and webosquickinstall.
    Java is proper and I did everything according to the manual up until installing novacom.

When I got into quick install and click usb -ok and novacom installs it stops and says: System Information has encoutered a problem and needs to close. looking into the error these were the files included....
    C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER60ad.dir00\systeminfo.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER60ad.dir00\appcompat.txt

***!?
    For WebOS Quick Install to work, you need to choose "Just Charge" and NOT USB on your Pre.

What you can do is try to install Novacom separately. Go to WebOS QI > File > Options > Install novacom.

Make sure you have admin rights to your PC.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Question, with the text message forwarding, it works great except for one problem,

I have a text message with an image in it that it will not let me forward. I click it, it asks, I say yes, then nothing happens...it just stays in that same conversation.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Lost my tweaks last night. It does not appear there was a auto update. Any thoughts as to why this happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny--2k View Post
    Question, with the text message forwarding, it works great except for one problem,

I have a text message with an image in it that it will not let me forward. I click it, it asks, I say yes, then nothing happens...it just stays in that same conversation.

Any suggestions?
    Same here or almost , I can forward text but not the audio file.