Page 87 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    are there any new tweaks in this version??
    Quote Originally Posted by pzcisco82 View Post
    Sorry to ask this question, I still have ver. 2.72. Do i have to remove all my tweaks before using the new one?
    nop is fine. just replace the new version!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnston23 View Post
    Do you have 4x4v3 available in the online repository of QI? I cant get that option in QI so I need to know how to update the Online Repository?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the thing you mentioned, I installed webqi and preware mainly for the virtual keyboard and a couple of tweaks like battery percentage and call log duration time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post
    Sorry I'm not familiar with the thing you mentioned, I installed webqi and preware mainly for the virtual keyboard and a couple of tweaks like battery percentage and call log duration time.
    If you access QI under tools go to tweaks, to the far right you will see the online repository, the app launcher view can be changed to 4x4 or 5x4, both have versions 1 and 2 available, do you see App Launcher 4x4 ver 3 in there?
    my problem starts off with the virual keyboard not installin through preware.. since it wasnt workin, I decided to start all over by uninstalling preware and package manager thingamajigee.. like I installed it through quick installer I was gonna take it off that way.. when I press the 3rd button on the screen to pull up the downloads a small box opens up and says...

error downloading package feed and
    Error: invalid feed url

I have version 2.82 and the phone is in dev. mode.. but that box always comes up.. and the tweaks were cleared before I tried this..

Is there any other way I can remove the 2 programs in order to successfully get the virtual keyboard and some other tweaks I want?
    Last edited by pmagsu; 10/16/2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: left something out..
    Anybody else seeing this option in the QI?
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    How did you find that? Any idea where to find the one for O2 UK?
    My bad, it is linked here:

Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - O2 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    nop is fine. just replace the new version!

Question on this, for anyone that can clarify.

For tweaks or patches that have been updated, would the new version of webosqi be able to properly uninstall the previous tweak/patch? So it could then install the updated patch?

Just want to be sure before I go forth, everything had been applied with 2.72. I am still working on fully understanding on how this works so forgive me if this is a newb question.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Question on this, for anyone that can clarify.

For tweaks or patches that have been updated, would the new version of webosqi be able to properly uninstall the previous tweak/patch? So it could then install the updated patch?

Just want to be sure before I go forth, everything had been applied with 2.72. I am still working on fully understanding on how this works so forgive me if this is a newb question.
    if u going to update to 2.82 the last version ..i could recommended u to uninstall all your patches and install em back again with your new version!
    Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    Is there a quick way to uninstall a patch from the "Online Repository" tab that doesn't have a corresponding checkbox on the QI tabs?

Specifically, I installed "Add Date to Top Bar", which works fine, but then I noticed the version without a year and would prefer to have that one. But, I see no way to uninstall the first one and cannot install the second until the first is gone.

TIA.

And yes, I searched quite a bit for an answer before posting, but didn't find one.
    I may have missed the follow-up to this question, but I have the same basic question...

If, after having installed a patch via WebOS Quick Install's Tweaks > Online Repository tab, I decide that I want to uninstall that patch, how do I do it to that patch individually?

I've tried selecting that patch, then clicking the "Install Patch" button again, but that's not the answer; Quick Install just tries to install the patch, and, naturally, it fails, as the files have already been patched. Is there a missing "Uninstall Patch" button? or "Return patched file to Default"?

So far, I've addressed this need when it's arisen using a couple of solution paths...use the Emergency Patch Recovery patch, and use the WebOS Repair Utility to reset every tweak and patch that I've done, just to get rid of the one that I want to undo from the Online Repository, then I have to go back and re-tweak and re-patch all the ones that I wanted to keep...

I expect there's a better, quicker, cleaner, more efficient way to accomplish this. Can anyone tell me what that is?

So far, I've tried all my tweaking and patching in 2.81 (well, since WebOS 1.2.1, anyway), and, after doing the Emergency Patch Recovery patch in Quick Install 2.81, I've now downloaded and started using Quick Install 2.82, to start over again with my tweaking and patching...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 10/16/2009 at 05:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Makes more sense to have it there, IMHO. It's pretty much a core app that everyone needs. But you can't expect everyone to know that they need to visit the Canuck Software subforum, which frankly is kind of buried.
    @ shadowhawk

open webos QI then tools, device management then to the right click on applications and patches installed will pop up and check what u want uninstalled and hit the uninstall button
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Makes more sense to have it there, IMHO. It's pretty much a core app that everyone needs. But you can't expect everyone to know that they need to visit the Canuck Software subforum, which frankly is kind of buried.
    Maybe it would teach people how to use the search feature in the forum. Once you know where it is, it's not a problem.

It just doesn't make sense to me to go to the trouble of creating separate sub forums for each developer and then take one of their main threads and post it somewhere else.
    Hey Jason, every time i run quick install to add my theme it blue screens my system. Any thoughts. I would love to change my theme
    Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor9829 View Post
    Hey Jason, every time i run quick install to add my theme it blue screens my system. Any thoughts. I would love to change my theme
    Try again, this time following Jason's request

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille
    If you contact me, or post in this thread to contact me, you must also include the following information:
    - Device: are you using a Palm Pre or the emulator
    - Operating System (include 32bit or 64bit)
    - Have you followed my troubleshooting guide completely
    I will be ignore emails/posts that don't follow that format.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ok I have webos quick install im running it works just fine. Except the one thing i wanted from it. When I go to the WebOS-Internals feed (all) the one thing i want from there is the virtual keyboard. Ok simple right? Well problem is it is not listed there for me to get nor is it listed in preware. I am fairly new to the pre but I use to do this kind of stuff to psps and IMOP i have to say PSP is harder to tamper with than these pres. Is there a way to compleately uninstall webos quick install i deleted the novacmd all but i couldent find the java app its self to delete from webos or is there something im missing. Please if you have any insight for me let me know.... By the way i love WebOS not fond of the pre I have had one for a week now and im on my 4th many many hardware issues.
    In preware it's listed under patches.

In WOSQI, it's listed under tweaks in the device menu.
    Why does this thread keep moving back and forth one part of pre cnetral and then back again its kind of odd...