Page 86 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    when it says in the guide that your personal information will not be reset after putting it into developer mode, what does get reset? Does personal info include your photos and music?
    my problem....

help? dev mode is on and running and device is set to just charge. i dont know whats wrong

Quote Originally Posted by soleobjective View Post
    my problem....

help? dev mode is on and running and device is set to just charge. i dont know whats wrong

reboot your pc
    i'll try that and see what happens
    can anyone tell me if I have to uninstall themes and reinstall for theme updates? Or can I simply upgrade?
    Hey great job guys I wanted to know if anyone was workin ona way to change icons of application independently through webos quick installer or if anyone knows a real easy way to do it for people like me that dont know much about tis kind of stuff. well thanks again guys.
    ASH
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    does this replace the palm pre web os or does it just tweek stuff? all i want is to have more then a 3 icon list on my launcher. i still want to me able to get updates from pre.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    What is the process when updating from 2.8 to 2.82? Do I have uninstall the old one? Can someone give me a step by step?
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    What is the process when updating from 2.8 to 2.82? Do I have uninstall the old one? Can someone give me a step by step?
    I do not see how to uninstall other than just delete the .jar file(s). So what I did was just overwriting the old WebOSQuickInstall.jar with the new one and launched it. It works on my computer.

Greetings from Berlin, Germany
    Boris
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    can anyone tell me if I have to uninstall themes and reinstall for theme updates? Or can I simply upgrade?
    I don't honestly know the answer to this, but to error on the side of caution, I would uninstall then reinstall. As you well know, these themes are tricky business.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hi guys I got my palm in the UK on Wednesday and for the most part this has been working but the tweeks and patches don't seem to be able to install. I tried using preware and apprently that throws up similar era on my pre.(I looked through the thread have all the pre package manager and all that installed to :S).

Thanks for any help =]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    when it says in the guide that your personal information will not be reset after putting it into developer mode, what does get reset? Does personal info include your photos and music?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan0589 View Post
    You won't loose anything going into developer mode, and that includes your photos and music. I don't know why they phrase it that way. NOTHING is lost.
    Is there a known problem with the date patch for the top bar. I selected only day and month, yet day month year appeared. Now I cant get rid of it. It is only in the online repository so there is nothing to uncheck and it does not show up in the device management tab. When I click on it in the online repository I get an error message. On a side note, I selected teh virtual keyboard from the online repo, I got a huge error message, but it installed anyway. Is this a problem, should i be worried? Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Unfortunately backporting is more difficult than its worth for this freeware.

And in all honestly just blame Apple. Java 1.6 was released way back on December 11, 2006. Not only that, Java 1.5 hit its end-of-life back April 8, 2008, and 1.5 will be going unsupported as of October 30, 2009. It's not as if 1.6 is something new.

Also, there are a few unofficial JVM ports for older Macs, like SoyLatte, maybe that could help you
    Ahh, I see.

Actually, this isn't an issue. I just learned that Snow Leopard comes with Java 1.6, even on older 32 bit Intel Macs. So all I have to do is finally get around to upgrading the laptop to Snow Leopard, which I haven't done yet due to lack of time. (My Mac Pro runs Java 1.6 just fine; it'd just be nice to have WebOSQI while on the road)

Maybe this weekend!
    Does anyone know how to manually update the Online Repository in WebOS Quick Install. I do not have the 4x4v3 available but I see it in PreWare which I can't seem to get to work (I have installed all of my patches via QI thus far, no success with PreWare so far) Any ideas?
    I installed webqi and preware yesterday with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    You won't loose anything going into developer mode, and that includes your photos and music. I don't know why they phrase it that way. NOTHING is lost.
    the reset is similar to a reboot of a PC. You don't lose anything.
    Irish
    Sorry to ask this question, I still have ver. 2.72. Do i have to remove all my tweaks before using the new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post
    I installed webqi and preware yesterday with no problems.
    Do you have 4x4v3 available in the online repository of QI? I cant get that option in QI so I need to know how to update the Online Repository?