Page 82 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1. david276's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #1621  
    i have dled the file from both and got basically the same results.
  2. #1622  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    All patches everywhere would be for 1.2.1 - I doubt you will find many patches which will work with 1.1.3

    We're looking into creating separate Preware webos-patches feeds for the GSM version, and will need help from those with GSM Pre's to back-port the patches ...

    -- Rod
    Rod, though I'm not much of a developper, you can count me in for some testing if required.
  3.    #1623  
    Current link on first page is damaged. I'm email the great Dieter about it.

    In the meantime, use http://filebin.ca/rrpdnd/WebOSQuickInstall.jar
  4. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #1624  
    Quote Originally Posted by scythe944 View Post
    Did you download the file from the temporary mirror? or the link that's on the first page?

    Temporary download link while Dieter gets v2.82 online: http://filebin.ca/rrpdnd/WebOSQuickInstall.jar "
    yes i tried the second temprary link, its able to launch, when i launch it it say for it to run properly i will need WebOS doctor. would you like to download it? i clicked yes and then it asks me what version of WeBOs doctor would i like to install. "sprint", Bell Mobile, or "idc i have an emulator".

    i hit the sprint and it goes away but nothing comes back up or downloads.

    any ideas? yes i have my phone connected to my pc as "just charge" and yes Developer mode is on.

    Also idk if this matters, when i connect my phone to my pc the "set up wizard" comes up. "Welcome to the found new hardware wizard set up". i just exit out of it regardless, do i need to set it up?
  5.    #1625  
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeboy View Post
    i hit the sprint and it goes away but nothing comes back up or downloads.

    any ideas? yes i have my phone connected to my pc as "just charge" and yes Developer mode is on.
    Make sure you're up to date Java and that you're connected to the internet.

    If the problem persists, download manually from the WebOSDoctor link in post#1 and put that jar in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall (don't run WebOSDoctor)
  6. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #1626  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Make sure you're up to date Java and that you're connected to the internet.

    If the problem persists, download manually from the WebOSDoctor link in post#1 and put that jar in the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall (don't run WebOSDoctor)
    i am up to date on the java and i am connected to the internet.

    and what do you mean rn manually? im a noob sorry
  7.    #1627  
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeboy View Post
    i am up to date on the java and i am connected to the internet.

    and what do you mean rn manually? im a noob sorry
    On post #1 there's links to WebOSDoctor. Right-click "Save as..." and save it to the same folder you have WebOSQuickInstall
  8. #1628  
    so with every update of the webos quick install I have to remove all the patches and apps and then reinstall after downloading each new version of webos?
  9. #1629  
    need some help here/ I've been messing with this for like 3 days and have tried all the troubleshooting issues on page 1. I am still having the issue of no device found. Does anyone have remote assistance out there to help me?
  10. #1630  
    where can i download webos program to put the themes on
  11. #1631  
    Quote Originally Posted by trinfalife View Post
    where can i download webos program to put the themes on
    You might try reading the first post of this discussion, since it has step by step directions AND a download link.....
  12.    #1632  
    Quote Originally Posted by asaetern View Post
    so with every update of the webos quick install I have to remove all the patches and apps and then reinstall after downloading each new version of webos?
    Nah, the only time you need to uninstall tweaks/themes is before WebOS OTA updates
  13. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #1633  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    On post #1 there's links to WebOSDoctor. Right-click "Save as..." and save it to the same folder you have WebOSQuickInstall
    i dont have a folder for quick install. its a icon on my desktop i double click to launch.

    :I MADE MY OWN FOLDER, I MOVED Quickinstall and Webos doctor to the same folder. when i click on quickinstall it wont do anything, when i drag webosdoctor out of the folder it asks me the same questions i asked before, if i want to download webos doctor, but while the webosdoctor is in the same folder as quickinstall, quickinstall would not launch.
  14. #1634  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    On post #1 there's links to WebOSDoctor. Right-click "Save as..." and save it to the same folder you have WebOSQuickInstall
    Quick question regarding the versions of WebOSDoctor. I downloaded it when I first installed WOQI v1.4. Since then I have downloaded newer versions, always putting them in the same folder as before (my Palm\Dev folder), renaming them to include the version number.

    Point is, I have the same version of the Doctor in the folder as when I first began using your app. Aside from the fact that if I had to Dr. my Pre I would be going back to WebOS v1.03, is there any concerns with not having the latest while using newer versions of WOQI?
    Irish
  15. Qigate's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #1635  
    Not certain what this means:
    I have downloaded the new version 2.82 of WebOSQI.
    I have verified that I am running 2.82 by checking Help/About.
    I connect my Pre via Charge Only as I have done many times before using the prior version (i have tweaked a few items successfully, so I thought I knew what I was doing).
    Once I have the Tweaks page loaded, I select the IPHONE tweak and hit INSTALL.
    The phone does its reset and then I get this error.

    Device driver software was not successfully installed
    Please consult with your device manufacture for assistance getting this device installed.
    OMAP3430 Device Unplugged.

    I have verified which patches show up using Device Management in WEBOSQI and the IPHONE tweak is not on this ilst. Can anyone suggest a solution to this error, or a reason?

    The WEBOSQI has worked prior to this and nothing has changed on systems level except this use of 2.82.
  16.    #1636  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Quick question regarding the versions of WebOSDoctor. I downloaded it when I first installed WOQI v1.4. Since then I have downloaded newer versions, always putting them in the same folder as before (my Palm\Dev folder), renaming them to include the version number.

    Point is, I have the same version of the Doctor in the folder as when I first began using your app. Aside from the fact that if I had to Dr. my Pre I would be going back to WebOS v1.03, is there any concerns with not having the latest while using newer versions of WOQI?
    Other than the doctor itself being such an early version and a restore requiring many ota updates, there shouldn't be any downside. I still have 1.03 WebOSDoctor, heh
  17. yankeeboy's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #1637  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Other than the doctor itself being such an early version and a restore requiring many ota updates, there shouldn't be any downside. I still have 1.03 WebOSDoctor, heh
    is there any way u can help me with my new problem?

    I MADE MY OWN FOLDER, I MOVED Quickinstall and Webos doctor to the same folder. when i click on quickinstall it wont do anything, when i drag webosdoctor out of the folder it asks me the same questions i asked before, if i want to download webos doctor, but while the webosdoctor is in the same folder as quickinstall, quickinstall would not launch.
  18. #1638  
    I noticed today that my icons in my Launcher seemed a bit duller than normal. Thinking it could have something to do with the Launcher Opacity mod, I set the opacity to 0% and then restarted Luna. To my surprise, when I opened up my Launcher, all of my icons were now invisible while the background of the Launcher itself was actually there. I went back into Quick Install and set the opacity back to 100% and boom, my Icons were all back and of course the background of the Launcher itself was still there. It seems the Launcher Opacity mod is affecting the Icons them-self and not actually the background... Or at least, that's how it's affecting me. Can anyone else replicate this? Or has anyone else experienced this?

    Edit: Now my icons aren't changing back from their duller form. They're staying like that no matter what I set the launcher Opacity to. Help?
    Last edited by HockeyNYR; 10/14/2009 at 07:10 PM.
  19. #1639  
    I am stuck on page 26 of the install and use the troubleshooting tips from there.... can anyone offer me help....I am still coming up with no device found
  20. #1640  
    im having a bit of trouble i just ran webos doctor and updated the phones software now when i try to install the tweaks i get these error messages 1st this one when trying to install the GNU patch and diffstat...


    then im told the pact was installed after they errors cycle through twice... the tweak screen is then loaded and i get this error message when i click on any tweak...




    any suggestions would be great thanks again for all that you do jason

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions