Page 81 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Wow i was in a small panic there for a bit when this thread was not in its normal spot.. I see there is already a new version (thank's jason) wonder why they moved it...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Phone is in Dev mode, un-installed/re-installed, restart, tried many USB ports. Nothing seems to be working.

Strange cause it worked without a hitch on windows 7 64-bit....
    Hey stud try this see if this will help you...

in my case with device not found or can not connect it was a novacom driver issue or an Ethernet gadget driver...

try this below and see if this works for you...

and also make sure your phone is in Dev mode.

and also make sure you press just charge when you connect your pre you should see in your device manager palm novacom modules - Palm novacom and also portable devices - pre if you see something in your device that says USB Ethernet Gadget then your drivers are not installed err not all of them

i am on vista x64 and it would not work until after i had all drivers installed after i did that this below it worked just fine I know this kinda sounds strange but this is what i had to do to get it to work on vista X64 this helped a lot of people on older versions of the quick install...

1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

now if that does not work try this...

* Novacom
    o You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    o If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
    o For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

* DevMode enabled
    o This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.
    gitit20 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey stud try this see if this will help you...
    Hey sexy,

I tried a variation on your step-by-step. After setting Tether again to USB, it prompted for Novacom linux hardware driver. I pointed it to the C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom\novacom.inf file. After that it worked just fine.

Thank you for help!
    I just finished, this is awesome! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We're looking into creating separate Preware webos-patches feeds for the GSM version, and will need help from those with GSM Pre's to back-port the patches ...

-- Rod
    Hi Rod, what can I do exactly to help?
    I noticed today that my icons in my Launcher seemed a bit duller than normal. Thinking it could have something to do with the Launcher Opacity mod, I set the opacity to 0% and then restarted Luna. To my surprise, when I opened up my Launcher, all of my icons were now invisible while the background of the Launcher itself was actually there. I went back into Quick Install and set the opacity back to 100% and boom, my Icons were all back and of course the background of the Launcher itself was still there. It seems the Launcher Opacity mod is affecting the Icons them-self and not actually the background... Or at least, that's how it's affecting me. Can anyone else replicate this? Or has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Fixed typos. That's what I get for typing this at nearly 5AM.
    Last edited by HockeyNYR; 10/14/2009 at 03:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Have you ever considered renaming your software with each new release to include the version number? I always change my downloads to something like WOSQI28 just so I know what it is. Like a real geek, I keep old versions (for a while) in another directory just in case I need them and I need a unique file name or store them in separate directories.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one - I've been renaming to include version number as well. Also have the same issue with WebOSDoctor - when I rename that though, as soon as I open WOSQI, it seems to RENAME it back to WebOSDoctor...(e.g. removes the rest of my renaming), I'm guessing b/c WOSQI is checking to make sure that Doctor is in the same folder...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Why is it not detecting my device??? I just restored my phone to the factory settings using the device. I couldnt even use web os doctor....Someone help!! I cant deal with this phone right now!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD00M View Post
    Why is it not detecting my device??? I just restored my phone to the factory settings using the device. I couldnt even use web os doctor....Someone help!! I cant deal with this phone right now!
    Have you turned Developer Mode on?
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD00M View Post
    Is your phone in developer mode?

From the launcher, use the keyboard to enter:

upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

You'll get an icon for the Dev Mode enabler app. Click it, and in the resulting card, turn on developer mode. The Pre will prompt you to reset by hitting a big red button. Do so, let the thing restart, and try WebOS quick install again.
  11.    #1611  
    v2.82 - October 14, 09
    - iPhone User Agent Spoof uses its own backup method
    - Fixed control reading error with some ipks
    - Fixed issue certain users were have reinstalling certain program

Temporary download link while Dieter gets v2.82 online: http://filebin.ca/rrpdnd/WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v2.82 - October 14, 09

Temporary download link while Dieter gets v2.82 online: http://filebin.ca/rrpdnd/WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Jason-

If iPhone spoof is currently working, do I need to remove it and then put it back?
    Steve
    Little problem. I am not getting the three buttons to choose from in quick install. I have the little + sign, - sign, but there is no 3rd button. I have my pre connected as "just charge". It is in dev mode. I have java updated. nova is running. i have the webos doctor jic. I dont know what to do
    weird. I DLed from that link above and I had my initial problem. I just re-DLed and now it's fixed. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    v2.82 - October 14, 09

Yea Dieter is a slacker like that

Can I ask for two features that I think would be the ultimate way to do patches? I use this and Preware as it has some patches yours does not and it is patchable on the fly right from the Pre. I like your program as it is easier (especially if you do my second suggestion below).

First; Is there a way for WQI to detect the patches I did with Preware? I applied a few patches with your program and then tried the same patch from Preware (not realizing it was the same) and it gave me an error. I guess I am looking for an easy way to tell from each program what was and was not patched. Having all the patches listed on the Pre and in the WQI no matter what way it was applied.

Second; Is there anyway to batch the patches? Allow me to select a bunch of patches and save them so the next time I have to remove and re-apply them, it would be easy breezy!! Just select the batch and un-install them, update WebOS, then select and re-apply them, restart Luna and done!

Thanks for this man. Makes me want to donate again.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Jason...THANKS for all of the hard work
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    hey everyone, wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem before i emailed the quick install developer.

I have the webdoctor, and up to date java i just installed and reinstalled. I dl QuickInstall, place it in the same folder . When i attempt to run it i get the error "could not find the main class.Program will exit. " And then it exits.. hah anyone?
  18.    #1618  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    First; Is there a way for WQI to detect the patches I did with Preware? I applied a few patches with your program and then tried the same patch from Preware (not realizing it was the same) and it gave me an error. I guess I am looking for an easy way to tell from each program what was and was not patched. Having all the patches listed on the Pre and in the WQI no matter what way it was applied.
    They ARE interoperable. Patches are identified on the Pre by package id. There are several patches that do essentially the same thing (I remember seeing things like 3 timestamp patches, 3 4x4 icon patches, etc.) however each of those have unique ids. WOSQI only checks for the ID of patches preset.

So for example, if you installed one of the 4x4 patches from Preware (or the online repo tab), it might not be the same exact patch as the id that WOSQI looks for, thus it not being checked on the Tweaks screen.

That said, you can view all the patches installed on your device in Tools->Device Management. Just change the dropdown box from "Applications" to "Patches". There you can get info on the patches installed and uninstall in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Second; Is there anyway to batch the patches? Allow me to select a bunch of patches and save them so the next time I have to remove and re-apply them, it would be easy breezy!! Just select the batch and un-install them, update WebOS, then select and re-apply them, restart Luna and done!
    Something to consider.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    When i try downloading the QI that jason posted it downloads and then when i double click the icon to launch it it says " invalid or corrupt file". so i do some searching andcame to this ther post Jason made.

"Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille
    v2.82 - October 14, 09

Temporary download link while Dieter gets v2.82 online: http://filebin.ca/rrpdnd/WebOSQuickInstall.jar "

so i clicked on the temp link, it downloaded and i was able to launch it, when i launched it it said i needed Webosdoctor? i cliked yes and then it asked if i wanted the sprint version, bell, or nothing using an emulator. i clicked sprint and it just goes away and nothing comes back up. like nothing happens.

do i need my phone connected or not? i had it connected...
    Did you download the file from the temporary mirror? or the link that's on the first page?

Temporary download link while Dieter gets v2.82 online: http://filebin.ca/rrpdnd/WebOSQuickInstall.jar "