Page 80 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    2.81 is working well for me.

FWIW I don't note any change in the browser multi-mod. Shift key still doesn't cause a page up.

I loooove the new linux command line window. Even though I know it's going to get me in trouble. But that's what WORU is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHerrin View Post
    I seem to be having an issue everytime I try to enable message forwarding mod, both in QI and Preware.

I'm using WebOS 1.1 (sprint) and Windows Vista 64bit. QI version is 2.81 All other mods I've tried seem to work fine for me. I also tried the emergency patch recovery, but no change..

WebOS v1.1??? I think this has all been modded/updated for the latest from Sprint v1.21.
    Irish
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Am i the only one having issues with the launcher opacity, i seem to have lost all my icons, and cant seem to revert it back...It says it does, but yet my icons still dont appear.
    on the instructions it says run msi. what is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by D nich View Post
    for whatever reason i cannot got the web os doctor program to recognize that i have plugged my pre in in order to run it.... any ideas on how to toubleshoot?
    thanks
    Are you plugging it into the wall first?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1949271
    they are the installer files for novacom.
    if you are running xp 32bit choose x86
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm the install instructions on the first page work on XP64? I can get everything working fine on Windows 7 64-bit. When I follow the instructions for my main XP64 PC, I always get the:

"Please connect device and press OK"

"ERROR: No Device detected"

thank you very much worked perfect thanks
    why isn't this a sticky anymore?
    did you follew the instructions on this page ( http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html ).
    but make sure you go to the control panel, add/remove programs, and delete novacom first
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar_fan View Post
    did you follew the instructions on this page ( http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html ).
    but make sure you go to the control panel, add/remove programs, and delete novacom first
    Yes I did this.
    you might have to restart your computer. Is your phone in Dev mode? and just charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1976 View Post
    why isn't this a sticky anymore?
    Check the Forum path... looks like things got re-arranged and Jason got his own sub-forum under webOS Developer...

I had the same problem and had to start from the "New to Homebrew" instructions!
    Now i am stock on step 3 cuz i cant type the "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" on the WebOS Quick Install screen. Need help.
    thats what you type on your pre to put it in Dev mode
    how do i get my phone to the Dev mode?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Also, you can do a universal search and type webos20090606.
    what are you trying to do?
    to put your phone in dev mode you type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    if the dev icon comes up tap it and then flip the swich to ON. Your phone will restart and it will be in Dev mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigT54 View Post
    Jason, just checking in to see if anyone has developed a sure fire way to use Home Brew. I've tried every possible connection suggested and it worked once but cannot replicate the process. Thanks for continuing the dialog. I await a solution to download apps to my pre. Craig
    OK, I'll take the bait... apologies if you've read through all this before

First off, read the new to homebrew instructions http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

Once you've got Jason's Web OS Quick Install "installed" and working with your Pre, stop. Test it a few times as suggested in the instructions but remove any tweaks before going on.

Now go get Preware, see the forum:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html

Read the instructions and get Preware installed. I've tried a couple of other methods for loading homebrew Applications and this one is the smoothest and easiest for me. If you're only interested in homebrew "beta" apps and doing canned customization it's pretty safe to stop here.
    Do Not: go hog-wild loading up your Pre! Bad things happen!! One or two patches/tweaks at a time, un-install themes before new install, etc.

If you're interested in taking things a little further, come back and explore WebOS Quick Install... Jason appears to be putting in some powerful features with each upgrade, but I admit I'm a little afraid of playing in those areas!

Really helpful: Read the forums! Most of this is out there, but it's taken me at least an hour a night for a couple of weeks to get up to speed, and another 1/2 hr to catch up, and then finally post (if I'm up for it).

Good luck... I've been lucky/careful and it's been rewarding!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Phone is in Dev mode, un-installed/re-installed, restart, tried many USB ports. Nothing seems to be working.

Strange cause it worked without a hitch on windows 7 64-bit....