Page 73 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #1441  
    Experiencing same problem as others with "package manager, GNU patch and DiffStat." Tried the install process again to no avail.
  2. ridersinc's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #1442  
    Same error here...

    "ERROR: an error occured while attempting to install file .ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update' "
  3. #1443  
    I think were gonna need Jay's help on this one...
    Vis
  4. #1444  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenTrackRacer View Post
    It was the feed. Everything is working as it should again.

    Excellent work as always.
    still having the same problem as everyone else, glad everything works out for you. Did you do anything different?
  5.    #1445  
    Quote Originally Posted by ridersinc View Post
    Same error here...

    "ERROR: an error occured while attempting to install file .ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update' "
    As I stated a few times, this error is because WebOS-Internals turned off the download URL for Package Manager, which is required for everything else. Either download it from the ipkg feed manually or wait a day or two for the updated release
  6. mugsaway's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #1446  
    I installed the 'forward messaging' patch but can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work.

    I can tap a message and get the pop up of whether I want to forward it. I tap the green button "yes." Then what?
  7. #1447  
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    I installed the 'forward messaging' patch but can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work.

    I can tap a message and get the pop up of whether I want to forward it. I tap the green button "yes." Then what?
    It should pop up a new message... you add who you want to send to and that is it...
    Irish
  8. mugsaway's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #1448  
    Ah....yep. Works with regular text.

    I was trying to forward an audio file sent to me via text message. Apparently sending this file won't forward.
  9. #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As I stated a few times, this error is because WebOS-Internals turned off the download URL for Package Manager, which is required for everything else. Either download it from the ipkg feed manually or wait a day or two for the updated release
    Hey Jay when you say download it from the ipkg feed manually does that mean from the third button on webos quick install because if so I have already tried that with no luck. Ive had package manager show up on the applications list. and still the same result.
    Vis
  10. #1450  
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    Ah....yep. Works with regular text.

    I was trying to forward an audio file sent to me via text message. Apparently sending this file won't forward.
    If I recall correctly, there is a tweak that allows for forwarding those types of messages too.
    Irish
  11. #1451  
    I am trying to download the program for homebrew apps. I need to download the webos quickinstall correct and if so after I hit sprint as the carrier it gives me an error. What am I doin wrong?
  12. #1452  
    hey hows it going everyone? i been on this site as long as i could remember when the Pre was announced. i've procrastinated in installing the WebOSQuickInstall and had some free time to mess with it today to download PreWare.

    Im having issues with WebOSQuickInstall recognizing my Pre. I followed all instructions step by step and as well as the instructions on the thread "Setting up Novacom on Windows 7" since im running Vista. I even checked to see if my novacom was functioning when i ran it on cmd then typing "sc query novacomd" and everything looks at it should. but it still doesnt recognize my Pre, i have it on "charge" when connected to the PC and with my Developer Mode on..

    can anyone help me?? is there something i might be doing wrong?
  13. MedicX's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #1453  
    hello. i just got my wife and i the pre the other day after tons of research on devices. gotta say i love it.

    i downloaded webOS Quick Install, the webOS doctor, and upgraded the Java. what i am getting at is i am having a problem when i get to the step where you do the test "tweak" on Jason's tutorial. when i click "tweaks" an error message pops up saying, "required component missing- tweaking requires package manager, gnu patch and diffstat to function. one or more of these are missing from your device. would you like to download and install them now?" and when i do, a couple of other pop ups show, eventually showing an error message.
    can anyone help? has anyone seen this? sorry if this has been asked in the numerous amounts posts. i did type in similar searches with no luck.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
  14. MedicX's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #1454  
    so, i am a *******. i flip one page back and there the same question is. sorry. gonna search for the answer..
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
  15. #1455  
    Quote Originally Posted by dominyc View Post
    hey hows it going everyone? i been on this site as long as i could remember when the Pre was announced. i've procrastinated in installing the WebOSQuickInstall and had some free time to mess with it today to download PreWare.

    Im having issues with WebOSQuickInstall recognizing my Pre. I followed all instructions step by step and as well as the instructions on the thread "Setting up Novacom on Windows 7" since im running Vista. I even checked to see if my novacom was functioning when i ran it on cmd then typing "sc query novacomd" and everything looks at it should. but it still doesnt recognize my Pre, i have it on "charge" when connected to the PC and with my Developer Mode on..

    can anyone help me?? is there something i might be doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    so, i am a *******. i flip one page back and there the same question is. sorry. gonna search for the answer..
    Thats actually pretty common.
  16. MedicX's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #1456  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As I stated a few times, this error is because WebOS-Internals turned off the download URL for Package Manager, which is required for everything else. Either download it from the ipkg feed manually or wait a day or two for the updated release
    will do. looking forward to it. thank you for all of the hard work.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
  17. #1457  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Is Devmode turned on?
    Yea.. the Developer mode is on...

    I first installed the WebOSQuickInstall.jar file. Installed ok.
    Ran it and it asked to install the WebOSDoctor. So installed that. ok.
    After it finished installing the WebOSDoctor it started the QuickInstall which then started installing the Novacom. i then made sure my Pre's DevMode was on and plugged it to the PC. When given the options to go USB or Charge i went with charge as it said in the instructions. I tried to get a tweak and it said Error..Device not found..

    UPDATE: As i was typing i figured i try it again and looks like for some reason it recognized my Pre. I checked Device Management and found all my apps there. But now i get an error when i try to install tweaks. Same message i see other users are having..
  18. SoloTwo's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #1458  
    Anyone have any idea as to why package manager REFUSES to run anymore on my device? This issue started when trying to update preware to the new version, first I updated preware which was of course incorrect. So I went back uninstalled both, but no matter what I did preware would never update because package manager wouldn't run. Now when I tried to use web os quick install to futz with my tweaks it won't open the tweaks menu because package manager isn't running, and it is installed.

    Anyone have any idea why?

    Nevermind, thanks to Oil in the IRC channel for helping.
    Last edited by SoloTwo; 10/12/2009 at 09:00 PM.
  19. #1459  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloTwo View Post
    Anyone have any idea as to why package manager REFUSES to run anymore on my device? This issue started when trying to update preware to the new version, first I updated preware which was of course incorrect. So I went back uninstalled both, but no matter what I did preware would never update because package manager wouldn't run. Now when I tried to use web os quick install to futz with my tweaks it won't open the tweaks menu because package manager isn't running, and it is installed.

    Anyone have any idea why?

    Nevermind, thanks to Oil in the IRC channel for helping.
    care to share???
    Vis
  20. #1460  
    I'm having some issues involving tweaks. I try to get to the tweaks, but when I do, it tells me some files are missing on my device. Package Manager, GNU Patch, and DiffStat. I get a series of errors after I say yes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions