Page 72 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    Been using quick install from the beginning and never had an issue.Thanks Jason!!! Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I am running 2.7.2 with no issues on my pre and my wife's pre the issue is with my pre. Lately every time I go into tweaks it prompts me that I have to install gnu and diffstat I click ok and it goes through the process and works fine until this morning It seems like its working it says it installed them but the tweaks page never comes up. I switched phones and it works just fine on my wife's pre it doesn't even say that those files are missing like it does with mine so it has to be something on mine. I went into device management and uninstalled gnu and diffstat to see if that helped but it just re installs it and no tweak page. I'm at a loss. Don't know what else to do. BTW all my tweaks are working just fine and I'm having no phone issues at all. Any ideas??? I skimmed through this thread but saw no similar issues. Any help would be much appreciated.
    I'm having that same issue as well. I cannot get access to Tweaks anymore. I was trying to get preware to load, unfortunately I cannot get that to work anymore as I upgraded to the newest preware and it gave me an error about Package manager not installed, which I had installed before and tried to have it updated again.
    I just got a replacement Pre and I'm having trouble with WebOSQuickInstall as well. I think the WebOSInternals feed may be down because I can only access the PreCentral App Gallery Feed but not the WebOSInternals feed. When I select tweaks and WebOSQuickInstall asks to install the package service I get the same errors as the others have reported.

Can anyone access the other feeds?
    I've been thinking the same thing, I think you're right about WebOSInternals feed, I seem to be able to pull files from everywhere else, but just not from there.

===================================================

Quote Originally Posted by OpenTrackRacer View Post
    I just got a replacement Pre and I'm having trouble with WebOSQuickInstall as well. I think the WebOSInternals feed may be down because I can only access the PreCentral App Gallery Feed but not the WebOSInternals feed. When I select tweaks and WebOSQuickInstall asks to install the package service I get the same errors as the others have reported.

Can anyone access the other feeds?
    It seems like I can access the other feeds I just tried downloading and installing gnu, package manger and diffstat manually and it seemed to work fine it didn't solve my problem but it seems like the other feeds are working for me.
    Vis
    i alsot occasionally get quick install to ask me if i want to download gnu and diffstat...but i already know its installed (preware-installed packages-linux) i just cancel...restart dev mode, and plug my phone back in, normal. try it cause it worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    i alsot occasionally get quick install to ask me if i want to download gnu and diffstat...but i already know its installed (preware-installed packages-linux) i just cancel...restart dev mode, and plug my phone back in, normal. try it cause it worked for me.
    Rebooting as I type this. Fingers crossed
    Vis
    Something is definitely up. Here's a screenshot from WebOSQuickInstall v2.72. As you can see, the feed selector is grayed out. No WebOSInternals feed means no package service or other required essentials.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    I am getting a new phone from sprint because mine has some issues, I would like to send them back my current phone back to factory settings (Without tweaks or any personal info) is WebOS Dcotor the program that I need in order to do that?

And also is this the procedure I need to follow?
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ok tryna understand, as I open Preware it says there is an update to it, do I click it and update to the newest or use WebOS Quick Install first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    Anyone?

Yes if you run the doctor it will restore your pre to factory settings complete wipe of the phone no tweaks no info just a clean pre
    Vis
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    No luck just tried it with the same results. tweaks page still MIA
    Vis
    Something is definitely up. Here's a screenshot from WebOSQuickInstall v2.72. As you can see, the feed selector is grayed out. No WebOSInternals feed means no package service or other required essentials.
    Having the exact same problem.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    When I try to use the tweaks function I get this error message

"tweaking requires package manager, GNU patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?"

When I click yes i get the following error message

"ERROR: an error occured while attempting to install file .ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update' "

What does this mean and what should i do?

David
    Quote Originally Posted by harr2003 View Post
    When I try to use the tweaks function I get this error message

"tweaking requires package manager, GNU patch and DiffStat to function. One or more of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?"

When I click yes i get the following error message

"ERROR: an error occured while attempting to install file .ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update' "

What does this mean and what should i do?

David
    There's a bunch of us having this issue right now....still trying to figure it out. Figures it would break just as I finally have time to install it. LOL
    I installed one of the tweaks from the online repository tab. How do I remove it?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Part of this post is just so I can get on the new thread subscription. Mostly it is to thank Jason and report that everything about this version seems to be working for me and so does Preware. I upgraded to the new Preware on Saturday. I do have a question another reader might be able to answer and I don't know where else to ask it. I don't think it is worth a separate thread. I remember ,at some point, loading a patch/tweak whatever, that was enhanced spellchecker or something. I'd love to know how to revert that one. I don't see it anywhere. I'd also wonder if there's a way to just plain turn off that whole function. The danged thing doesn't like it when I type thing like prolly and other personal shortcuts and it keeps refixing even when I go back and change it to the 'wrong' thing I actually want... Thanks,Dave.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    It was the feed. Everything is working as it should again.

Excellent work as always.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am still getting this error as of now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Visualfx View Post
    Been using quick install from the beginning and never had an issue.Thanks Jason!!! Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I am running 2.7.2 with no issues on my pre and my wife's pre the issue is with my pre. Lately every time I go into tweaks it prompts me that I have to install gnu and diffstat I click ok and it goes through the process and works fine until this morning It seems like its working it says it installed them but the tweaks page never comes up. I switched phones and it works just fine on my wife's pre it doesn't even say that those files are missing like it does with mine so it has to be something on mine. I went into device management and uninstalled gnu and diffstat to see if that helped but it just re installs it and no tweak page. I'm at a loss. Don't know what else to do. BTW all my tweaks are working just fine and I'm having no phone issues at all. Any ideas??? I skimmed through this thread but saw no similar issues. Any help would be much appreciated.
    It was the feed. Everything is working as it should again.

Excellent work as always.
    Not for me... The feeds always seemed like they were operational for me but still am unable to access the tweaks screen on my pre.
    Anyone else still experiencing something like this??? Need some help from the geniuses here to figure this one out. any help would be much appreciated I feel lost w/out my tweaks screen lol
    Vis
    I need help please.
    I got my Pre few days ago and update to WebOS 1.2.1.
    I download QI2.72 and run it. Turn on Dev mode on my phone and plug it in. When I go to Tools click Tweaks on drop down, it tells me to download and install Package Manager, GNU Patch and DiffStat. So I did. However I got error message below:
    Error: An error occurred while attempting to install file.ipk
    An error occurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ‘ipkg update’
    And also this similar error:
    Error: An error occurred while attempting to install file.ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.diffstat (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.diffstat.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ‘ipkg update’
    After each errow message, I clicked Ok and it says patch and diffstat downloaded and installed, but when I to do the tweaks from Tools menu again, it repeat those errors.
    Anybody have answer to this? I appreciate any help