Page 71 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    I am getting a new phone from sprint because mine has some issues, I would like to send them back my current phone back to factory settings (Without tweaks or any personal info) is WebOS Dcotor the program that I need in order to do that?

And also is this the procedure I need to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by pre-gen View Post

1) Remove the battery
    2) Press and hold the volume up button
    3) Plug the USB charging cable into the wall charger, and insert the USB cable into the Pre.(you will see a picture of a battery and a question mark at this point)
    4) Insert the battery.
    5) Release the volume up button.

At this point, you will see a full-screen "USB" symbol, instead of the normal small USB symbol over a picture of the Pre. DO NOT CONNECT THE PRE TO YOUR PC YET. Once the webOS Doctor asks you to plug in the Pre, take the USB cable out of the wall charger, and plug it into your USB port on the PC. The "Found New Hardware" wizard will run, installing "Novacom" drivers. After that completes, the "Next" button will light up in webOS Doctor, and allow you to finish repairing your device.
    so as I intalled 1.2.1 now I don't have my 4x4 Icons which I so desperately need, I go to install/uninstall and when I try to put it back on, this is what i get:

This is my first time using preware and webos quick install. Do I install preware (from webOS quick install) first then package manager? If not, where do I download package manager before installing preware?

Please respond if you know. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgojcaj1 View Post
    This is my first time using preware and webos quick install. Do I install preware (from webOS quick install) first then package manager? If not, where do I download package manager before installing preware?

Please respond if you know. Thanks.
    You need to install Package Manager from WOQI then Preware second. There should be an article on the main precentral site that tells you how to install Preware using WOQI. Search for it.
    Maybe someone can help. I used to QI 2.7 last week to install some tweeks and everything worked just fine. This weekend I tried to install some additional tweeks and the phone acts like it worked, but when I look for the tweeks they are not there. QI tweeks has them "checked" but they are not on my phone. Anyone had these issues???
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    did you guys see his post? See if this fixes your problem!
    Yes and it took me a min to figure out what he meant, but now it works as expected. Great stuff...

Thanks guys..

Now to figure out theme's as my first attempt didn't work when I tried to use the Fringe one... No preview???
    try this ; open webos QI and hook up phone and then go to tools then device management and look to the right where it shows user apps installed and look in there for any patches and uninstall then click on the top where it says applications and look in there for any patches installed and uninstall then reset phone and install what you want
    I tried this and still no luck not seeing anything in the apps or patches like for example the phone percentage the tweak is on and showing it working on the quickinstall but on my phone just the regular old battery icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    You need to install Package Manager from WOQI then Preware second. There should be an article on the main precentral site that tells you how to install Preware using WOQI. Search for it.
    Thanks for the help, I believe I found a good article...can you please confirm?

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html
    Can anyone help with this?? I installed package manager and then preware as the instructions say. When I go to use Preware, it tells me the "PMS Im running isnt compatible with this version of Preware. Please update it with WebOS Quick Install.[2]" I went back and install PMS again, but it still give me the same message. Help????
    for some reason webos quick install gets stuck on the "theme is being installed, this may take a few minutes" window, all the time now.. the themes worked great, then i wanted to try another theme, and now it wont work. even if i go to the revert to default, it changes the background, but it gets stuck on the installing screen.
    i deleted the jar file, and the doctor file from my computer and i am reinstalling webos.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    also update diffstat and gnu
    FYI,
    command: mount -o ro,remount /

Does *not* appear to persist beyond reboots - I have to issue "rootfs_open -r" and have the box reboot to get the "readonly" bits to stick... FYI.

Doug
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    How do u uninstall the previous version before installing the new one?

I can't find the folder in my C Drive.

Weird,

Why am I being denied access to delete the folder?
    Last edited by Marc11218; 10/12/2009 at 12:14 PM.
    I'm getting this error msg after attempting to install a patch. [attachment appended]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi, I'm trying to use the WebOSquick installer and I'm getting

"I need Package Manager, GNU Patch, and DiffStat. I click OK, but then it says:

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2) An error ocurred, return value: 4. Collected errors: Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch. Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'"

People on here say to download the package manager service and preware, but on the Ipkg Repository Viewer the drop down box is greyed out and I only can see "PreCentral App Gallery Feed."
    Jason,

I'm using WinXP 32 bit
    WebOS 1.2
    WebOSQuickInstall 7.22
    Yes, I've read everything I could about this issue.

I'm having the same issue as below, and I followed your instructions here but I'm still getting error messages that the files cant be downloaded when I try to install them to my pre. Err msg says:

ERROR: An Error occured while attemptint to install orrg.webosinternals.diffstat_1.45_armv7.ipk
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.siffstat.

I ensured I was not behind any type of firewall or proxies when I attempted this. Any thoughts? I'm dying to do some tweaking!

Thanks.

=====================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It's possible the download simply failed. I look into it.

Looks like GNU patch and possibly diffstat didn't install.

Go to the Ipkg Feed Viewer (3rd button on the main screen).
    In the top dropdown box, select "WebOS-Internals (Pre)".
    Checkmark "GNU Patch" and "diffstat".
    Click "Download" button and close the window.
    Click the "Install" button.
    All future patches should apply fine
    im getting the same exact error message and its really annoying me!!! HELP!!!
    Own:

Palm Pre
    Xbox 360
    Xbox
    PS1
    Dreamcast
    Nintendo DSi
    Nintendo DS
    Gameboy SP
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advanced
    Been using quick install from the beginning and never had an issue.Thanks Jason!!! Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I am running 2.7.2 with no issues on my pre and my wife's pre the issue is with my pre. Lately every time I go into tweaks it prompts me that I have to install gnu and diffstat I click ok and it goes through the process and works fine until this morning It seems like its working it says it installed them but the tweaks page never comes up. I switched phones and it works just fine on my wife's pre it doesn't even say that those files are missing like it does with mine so it has to be something on mine. I went into device management and uninstalled gnu and diffstat to see if that helped but it just re installs it and no tweak page. I'm at a loss. Don't know what else to do. BTW all my tweaks are working just fine and I'm having no phone issues at all. Any ideas??? I skimmed through this thread but saw no similar issues. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Vis
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonn95 View Post
    im getting the same exact error message and its really annoying me!!! HELP!!!
    x3
    I need help!!