Page 7 of 165 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    I'm probably missing something obvious, but where is the option to add a Developer Mode icon to the launcher?
    I know it is available in Preware's available patches so it should be in QI somewhere...
    Jason, you're a freakin' god among men. Palm should hire you and put you in charge of all further Pre apps. Seriously.
    Thanks a million.
    Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    No help with my problem then? It looks like I'm ****ed too, WebOSDoctor isn't working.
    These instructions are in many places on the forums. Check out the following thread (4th post):

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1939679
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

a question about compatibility as we will get the Pre here in Germany in about and it looks like it will have an older software reseals.

Dose WebOs Quick Install checks the software version of the device and take the right patches?

HaPe
    iPhone user agent spoof not working for anyone else?
    What about the european WebOS versions? Will they be supported by QuickInstall? (and the other tweeks)
    HELL YEAH! I didn't know what to do with myself all weekend without trying to screw with my Pre using WebOSQI. THANKS JASON for a quick update for WebOS 1.2.1.

F YEAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    BTW, v2.72 is out.
    Just an FYI....The latest download shows version 2.71 under the "about" screen.

Thanks for the great job..., I love how it shows all the tweaks I've done using Preware.

Now go get some rest.
    Great job guys, you are real heroes!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    QUESTION: do we still have to uninstall tweaks from all previous versions every single time a new version comes out? I just installed all 2.71 tweaks, then uninstalled them one by one when 2.72 came out, only to RE-install them one by one again. Gets kinda tiring.

Can anyone help with this?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Nope, not yet, lol
    without you what would this forum be??? thank you sweets get some rest
    Awesome job jason Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djhammurabi View Post
    iPhone user agent spoof not working for anyone else?
    Not working on my Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Just an FYI....The latest download shows version 2.71 under the "about" screen.

Thanks for the great job..., I love how it shows all the tweaks I've done using Preware.

Now go get some rest.
    Mine shows 2.72. Maybe you downloaded when he was switching them?
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    QUESTION: do we still have to uninstall tweaks from all previous versions every single time a new version comes out? I just installed all 2.71 tweaks, then uninstalled them one by one when 2.72 came out, only to RE-install them one by one again. Gets kinda tiring.

good question!
    Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    First off, thanks for everything Jason.

Never had any problems with your software previously, and was quite excited when I woke up to find 2.7 available Went through and installed the tweaks as I always have. The iPhone spoof gave an error as it has since 2.5(not sure what the deal is there), but that's not the problem. Got through everything I wanted, and went to check my phone and it was completely frozen, on the main screen, not the boot screen. Pulled the battery as it was the only thing I could do, put it back in and turned it back on.

It now is stuck on the palm logo, not the flashing one, for 10 minutes now.

I had all tweaks uninstalled for the 1.2 update, and didn't even install the virtual keyboard again (too slow for my tastes).

What can I do? Will WebOSDoctor even work in this state?
    my pre doing same thing stuck on palm logo you fig out anything ?
    This may sound like a question from a beginner (which I am) but, I was reading this thread and someone mentioned Text Forwarding. I have been curious about that. Is there an option to do that? I can't find...figuring not. Thinking this is a homebrew thing or maybe QuickInstall. Anyone? Buehller?

Thanks.
    Just used the new Quick installer and my phone won't turn on.... =(
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    no, read version notes.
    Originally Posted by vara411;

Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    good question!
    Only if you are moving from a version earlier than v2.5... otherwise it does it automatically...