Page 66 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    If i do a full reset will it bring my phone back to factory settings? will it remove all tweaks?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    If i do a full reset will it bring my phone back to factory settings? will it remove all tweaks?
    Browse our knowledgebase by topic. Each topic contains the most popular solutions for your device.

[Palm Pre Sprint]

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Solutions

[] - Restarting and resetting your phone...

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Restarting and resetting your phone
    m505, Samsung SPH-I300, Treo 650, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    no it will not remove tweaks unless you doctor.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    i was updating Preware, when it gave me issues. The thread said i should remove all of WOSQI tweaks, so i removed all tweaks. Finally got Preware updated and working. Now when i try to install the system mods from WOSQI, it looks like it goes through on WOSQI and the phone (im assuming its just Luna) restarts but the tweak isnt applied. When i close out of WOSQI and go back in, the boxes arent checked. It did the styling mods, just not the system mods. Any Ideas?
    can i use the doctor with the latest quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    i was updating Preware, when it gave me issues. The thread said i should remove all of WOSQI tweaks, so i removed all tweaks. Finally got Preware updated and working. Now when i try to install the system mods from WOSQI, it looks like it goes through on WOSQI and the phone (im assuming its just Luna) restarts but the tweak isnt applied. When i close out of WOSQI and go back in, the boxes arent checked. It did the styling mods, just not the system mods. Any Ideas?
    try emergency patch recovery in wosqi
    Has anyone figured out a way to edit the contacts in facebook or any other applications? Maybe this can be a tweak fo the next version of quick install?
    Thank-you Jason, the issue with "Unable to Patch" is now resolved after following your instruction to ensure I had 2.7

Donation following soon! You rock dude
    without changing anything and still in dev mode i was trying out different themes and all at once one of them about the 4th or 5th one i tried i got a bunch of error messages saying connection refused. tweaks and installs still work just not themes anymore??????
    my issue with error removing 4 resolved....just installed the new patch of the previously removed one...then removed patch that was supposedly removed to remove without error. hope that makes sense
    I don't know if this is Jason's problem with WEBOSQI or Preware. After discovering that Preware was updated and having a few issues with Virtual Keyboard. I removed autopatch, package manager, and Preware using WESOSQI 2.7.2. No problems. Oh yes, I also uninstalled Virtual Keyboard.

I think installed just Package Manager and Preware as I was told that autopatch was no longer needed.

And installed the Virtual Keyboard (at this point I don't remember how I installed VK, either WEBOSQI or Preware, but I think it was Preware).

Then after reading the post on Precentral that I should have removed ALL patches that I installed with Preware, I went to uninstall some patches. One of them being Terminal Service, not the Terminal App.

I got the error 4 thing.

So I'm going to use WEBOSQI to remove it now.

But my question is, now with WEBOSQI is supposed to be fully compatible with Preware, it should not matter who installs or who uninstalls, do I have that correct?

Both products are fully interchangeable! Am I correct in my understanding?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I cannot run webOSQuickInstall because it does not detect my Palm Pre device.

The advice on this forum is to install Novacom and make sure that developer mode is on. I've got both of them up and running, but it still does not detect my device. The new thing that I did was activate a replacement phone and updated to the Ubuntu 9.10 beta.

Thanks for your help. I've been missing my tweaks. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I cannot run webOSQuickInstall because it does not detect my Palm Pre device.

The advice on this forum is to install Novacom and make sure that developer mode is on. I've got both of them up and running, but it still does not detect my device. The new thing that I did was activate a replacement phone and updated to the Ubuntu 9.10 beta.

Thanks for your help. I've been missing my tweaks. :-)
    Are you hitting the USB button or Just Charge Button when you connect up the Pre to your computer?

You need to hit the Just Charge button, NOT the USB button!

Hope this solves it for you!

Rob

And one more thing, make sure you have the latest version of Java on your system. Please read the very first post for WebOS Quick Install 2.7.2
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/09/2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: additional info
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I had it running before I got the replacement phone. I use the Just Charge button and have the latest Java installed. I also have the latest webOSQI version.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Are you hitting the USB button or Just Charge Button when you connect up the Pre to your computer?

You need to hit the Just Charge button, NOT the USB button!

Hope this solves it for you!

Rob

And one more thing, make sure you have the latest version of Java on your system. Please read the very first post for WebOS Quick Install 2.7.2
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I had it running before I got the replacement phone. I use the Just Charge button and have the latest Java installed. I also have the latest webOSQI version.
    Ok some of us have had that problem.

If you tried re-installing the Novacom software, then what I did and was the 'duh' factor, just reboot your computer.

That usually fixes it from not recognizing you Pre.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I'm wondering if novacom is incompatible with Ubuntu 9.10. I found out that novacom is not running, even though it is installed in my computer.

Ok some of us have had that problem.

If you tried re-installing the Novacom software, then what I did and was the 'duh' factor, just reboot your computer.

That usually fixes it from not recognizing you Pre.

Rob
    I know this is going to be a really repetitive question, but I am having trouble getting my wobOS Quickinstall.jar to do its work... It loads up and says ca.canchucksoftware.webOSQuickInstall.jar in the top left but nothing happens...

I have my phone connected and have tried in all three modes (media sync, USB, and just charge) All to no results...

Hoping this isn't to common a problem that some might be willing to not answer, but i would greatly appreciate the help!!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Actually, it is doing it's job. Just charge is the only mode to try. After that, look elsewhere. It's usually something basic like the Dev Mode of the phone. There is an excellent troubleshooting guide in note #3. What did you click on after it came up and what were the results?
    Then after reading the post on Precentral that I should have removed ALL patches that I installed with Preware, I went to uninstall some patches. One of them being Terminal Service, not the Terminal App.
    The Terminal Service is not a Patch, it's a Service.

See the Type field in the description of each package to see what type of package it is.

Nothing has changed for Services and Plugins. Only Patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Jason ... thanks again for all your work. Quick question, now that the "iphone spoof" patch is again working, are you going to update in Quick Install 2.7? Thanks.