Page 64 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    WebOS 1.2.1
    WebOS Quick Install 2.72

I get the following error when I try to activate the battery percent display tweak:

Other tweaks I've installed work find (date in top, 4x4, landscape just a few examples). Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks in advance.
    i'm having same prob as pgarrett and if i go through preware i get an error installing [4] message need help on what to do thxs bmk
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Wrong thread....

I suggest you ask in the FileCoaster thread...
    I suppose you're right, although couldn't it just as well be a problem with the WebOS Quick Install that's causing this problem?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    someone please help...

The opacity tweak for the launcher is kind of buggy. i set the opocity to 0% and when i try to change it back it gives me hunk errors. Do i wait for the repair utility update?

Also, i used emergency recovery patch to remove my patches and all of them are gone except one, and when i attempt to remove it, it says removing error 4. Is this something i also have to wait for repair utility to update?

Thanks
    You can download the file into photoshop, change opacity and then using WebOSQI "send" the file to the same directory. This will change the opacity without reuiring a tweak permanently (unless you reload operating system)
    Thanks I'm definitely going to download this when I get my Pre in 20 days. Can't wait, good to see another Canadian to keep up the good work. If I like it I'll def donate thanks.
    Thanks Jason, this program has been a lifesaver. : )
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Anyone else having a problem getting the feeds to come up? I keep getting an error and I have downloaded the latest file.

Also is anyone else having the problem that the tweak that silences the keypad when dialing and makes it vibrate stops working. I mean the kepad is silent but it doesn't vibrate anymore?
    Last edited by vMAC; 10/08/2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Awesome work Jason! Thanks! Just sent in my donation!
    I installed Quick Install and was able to do some great tweaks. One of the tweaks I added was additional launcher pages. Afterwards, I used fileCoaster to download another homebrew app and the error msg "Install Failed: Not Enough Install..." I then went to the Apps Catalogue and tried to download an app from there and got the same message. I was in dev mode each time. I then went and deleted a couple of apps and tried to download again and got the same message each time. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    anyway to get this running on a vista 64 bit pc?
    I use vista 64 bit and use QI with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortiseMaker View Post
    You are running the 64-bit version of Novacom, right? In any case, the Novacom daemon should not be saturating a core. Perhaps completely remove that software, COLD BOOT (meaning totally power down) the system and reinstall.
    I am indeed using the 64-bit version. I tried the removal, cold boot, and shut down, and upon rebooting and reinstalling, CPU utilization again shot up to a full core.

I'm going to poke around on some other things. I haven't updated the drivers for the motherboard in a couple of months, so there may be some usable updates there. I'll post back if anything improves (or even if it doesn't).
    Anyone using patches from the online repository in WebOS Quick Install, and also using patches from the autopatch feed in Preware (which is the source of the online repository of patches that WebOS Quick Install uses), please read http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

Thanks,
    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    A cry for HELP to anyone out there!!! I am getting the following error when I try and apply the message forwarding tweak, I am not having any other trouble. This is what I am getting:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkScript.sh

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (orpreviously applied) patch detected! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Removing package org. webosinternals.patches.message-forwarding from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.message-forwarding.prerm)

Is there anyone out there who can tell me what this means and what I sould do to fix it. I desperately want this tweak!!!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    has anyone noticed that on their Pre, the java vm is running 100% of the CPU? I'm fearful that the packages that this thing downloads and uses are causing java issues on the Pre itself.

With the JavaVM on the Pre running full bore... I can hear my battery getting drained... I confirmed that java is the culprit via ssh and top into the Pre.

Anybody else seeing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ansond View Post
    has anyone noticed that on their Pre, the java vm is running 100% of the CPU? I'm fearful that the packages that this thing downloads and uses are causing java issues on the Pre itself.

With the JavaVM on the Pre running full bore... I can hear my battery getting drained... I confirmed that java is the culprit via ssh and top into the Pre.

Anybody else seeing this?
    WOW - this might be my problem. Since installing homebrew apps, something is sucking my power very rapidly. I can't even get through the day without my phone powering off even if my calls total less than 30 minutes. How do I stop JavaVM? Why do I need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieDFW View Post
    I installed Quick Install and was able to do some great tweaks. One of the tweaks I added was additional launcher pages. Afterwards, I used fileCoaster to download another homebrew app and the error msg "Install Failed: Not Enough Install..." I then went to the Apps Catalogue and tried to download an app from there and got the same message. I was in dev mode each time. I then went and deleted a couple of apps and tried to download again and got the same message each time. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    You've reached the app limit in the partition on you Pre set aside for such things. There's at least one other thread forum topic dedicated to this topic.
    Your added page may have put you over the top.
    The limit is memory not app count so if you decide to delete apps to make room, try the bigger ones first.
    I also understand that using WOSQI or Preware to load the apps gets around this. Filecoaster doesn't; not sure about Preloader
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    just a guess... but I think this QuickInstall thing (which uses java) must also use java on the Pre (as the endpoint to do all the cool tweaks).

My Pre was running just fine (1.2.1) until I let the QuickInstall download and install some packages it apparently needs... now.... the battery life is GONE (baby gone...)... I have a rooted pre so I was able to ssh and run top - sure enough - the java vm is running full bore... no idle cycles...

I guess at this point, I just want to undo the QuickInstall packages on the Pre - anyone have instructions on how to do that? I'll give it a try and see if things change...

Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTemplar View Post
    I suppose you're right, although couldn't it just as well be a problem with the WebOS Quick Install that's causing this problem?
    Irish is right, Filecoaster thread is a more informative place... I experienced this after WebOS upgrade and I don't have WOSQI installed. Rebooting the phone (off/on) fixed it for me. If you still have issues see the filecoaster thread.
    Last edited by AeroJim; 10/08/2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: add pertinent info
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    more updates on my java woes - "ps" reveals that java is trying to run "com.palm.serviceboot.ServiceBoot"... anybody know what that is? Not sure if that's related to the QuickInstall stuff or not...

Doug
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Also tried full shut down, remove battery, boot up - still having the java VM running the Pre at 100%..