Page 62 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    HELP HELP HELP Hi There, I tried looking for your trouble shooting guide and can't find it. I installed Quickinstall 2.7 and my phone still works but I when I tap the launcher, it brings up the find and google, google maps, wikipedia and twitter. I am unable to to get to any other icons from my launcher. I am using 32 bit, and using palm pre. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    The troubleshooting guide is note #3.

Have you read pages 40-50?
    Last edited by 02589; 10/08/2009 at 07:15 AM.
    A tweak request:

A script or app that allows us to back up our contacts as an ipk or something that we can save on our pc and back up using qi should we have to use the doctor app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    I'm unable to get 2.72 to see my Pre when running on Win7 RTM 64-bit. I've done (AFAICT) all of the various required items and fixes, and it worked prior to the WebOS 1.2 upgrade. Just for reference, I've done at least the following (and perhaps others that I have not list):

• Disable and re-enable Developer Mode
    • Removing and reinstalling Novacom using the Orca instructions
    • Rebooting the PC
    • Moving to a different USB port
    • Removing all other USB devices
    • Using only the USB cable that came with the Pre

I do notice that when the Pre is plugged in, novacomd is taking up an entire CPU core, and is doing something else behind the scenes (I/O saturation?) that causes serious lag in any application that itself makes heavy use of I/O (primarily games). I'm at a loss for anything else.
    I am running WebOS Quick Install and Novacom on a Windows 7 (RTM) 64-bit quad-core system. I took a look at task manager. Here is what I see (on the Processes tab):

Image Name User CPU CPU Time Mem Description
    System Idle P... SYSTEM 99 821:33:50 24K Percentage of time the processor is idle
    novacomd.exe SYSTEM 00 0:01:23 2,864K novacomd.exe

I interpret that data as the system has been "up" for over 34 days. During that time novacomd has used only 1 minute and 23 seconds of CPU time.

You are running the 64-bit version of Novacom, right? In any case, the Novacom daemon should not be saturating a core. Perhaps completely remove that software, COLD BOOT (meaning totally power down) the system and reinstall.
    Question? Is there a tweak that can be done to close the dialer after a call instead of having to close it by swiping it?

Thanks
    +1
    +1 auto close dialer after call tweak would be great
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    +1. Great idea.
    I will look at it. Thanks!!! I am so frustrated right now!!! UGGGGGGGGGGGG
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I had the same problem with the broken launcher and broken universal search but did manage to repair those problems without the doctor. Reply if your still stuck and I'll try to help.

btw, I posted an issue (in this thread I think) but I can't find it.. Am I just a super-noobie? I did look in my account statistics and it's not there.
    Hey there, I could use your help!! My launcher is screwed up. I believe that I have webOS QI 2.7. Sorry if I don't use the currect lingo here. I am not a computer expert, just someone who wants all of the bells and whistles on my pree. Ok, so what my problem is is that when I tap the launcher, it brings up find and has google, google maps, twitter on there and I can't get to any of my other apps. I just don't know what to do!!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franca22 View Post
    For a while now I have been having a problem with Quick Install. When I try to send or receive a file, the button you click to either select the file or tell the file where to go, depending on what you are trying to do, will not let me click it and I have found no way around it. I have tried reinstalling Quick Install and even using older versions but it happens on them all. This also happens in the Themes section I can not click to select a theme. But the rest of the program works fine

Any help on this?
    Garrett321, I had this problem a few weeks ago when I ran the improper version of the repair tool. Before bringing your phone back to WebOS 1.2, I recommend using Quick Install to remove your them and revert back to the default theme. Then run the Emergency Patch Recovery tool to remove all of the patches. If this does not clean up your problem, then you will have to "Doctor" the phone and upgrade to 1.2.1.

I had to run the EPR last night because installing the Steelers theme screwed up my battery % patch. I had to get back to the default theme before removing the patches. I recommend that anytime people install a patch they remove their theme first then reapply it. Otherwise it could lead to a strange interaction with some of the patches since some modify some of the same files. On the bright side, it took me only 20 minutes to reapply all 26 patches.
    Franca22, I have no problem with Quick Install. This sounds like a problem with your Java VM installation. I recommend going to your Control Panel and open up the Java panel, and see if you have the latest version of Java installed. You may be a few releases behind.
    Ok, I am getting problems as well, and I am sure I am just a complete tool trying to figure this out, but the EPR everyone is talking about, I cannot find it anywhere. Using preware on my phone, or the Quick Install 2.72

PLEASE help me figure this out, I have searched the forums and have read the methods if using the EPR but just cannot find it.

THANKS in advance
    Ok, it seems like taking it out of developer mode and putting it back into developer mode this time worked for whatever reason, though the Opacity is still on my phone, I cannot find the tweak for it and must assume it is gone, while maintaining the see through effect.

thanks, hopefully that was all that was needed
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I need some help from anybody. I just recently installed Preware and everything was working great(installing patches, themes, and apps), until I installed the message notification patch. I didn't like it so I removed it(restarted Pre of course)but for some reason it was still playing the ringer I used when I had the patch installed, then it got worse, the notification ringer wouldn't play at all(sms messages, emails). So after 2 restarts I was forced to do a partial erase, after it rebooted, the theme, and other patches I had installed were still on my Pre(Shouldn't they have been removed?). So I reinstalled Preware but now I don't have the option to select "available patches" and my installed patches aren't listed either, even when I try to view them through WebOSQuickInstall. Can anybody help me solve this problem? Do you think WebOSDoctor is necessary? Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre24 View Post
    I need some help from anybody. I just recently installed Preware and everything was working great(installing patches, themes, and apps), until I installed the message notification patch. I didn't like it so I removed it(restarted Pre of course)but for some reason it was still playing the ringer I used when I had the patch installed, then it got worse, the notification ringer wouldn't play at all(sms messages, emails). So after 2 restarts I was forced to do a partial erase, after it rebooted, the theme, and other patches I had installed were still on my Pre(Shouldn't they have been removed?). So I reinstalled Preware but now I don't have the option to select "available patches" and my installed patches aren't listed either, even when I try to view them through WebOSQuickInstall. Can anybody help me solve this problem? Do you think WebOSDoctor is necessary? Thank You!
    Anytime I do a tweak that involve some kind of personalization, I rescind or change back that additional thing I put in. Like the messenger avatar, I went into my files and removed avatar picture then removed the tweak.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    Ok, I am getting problems as well, and I am sure I am just a complete tool trying to figure this out, but the EPR everyone is talking about, I cannot find it anywhere. Using preware on my phone, or the Quick Install 2.72

PLEASE help me figure this out, I have searched the forums and have read the methods if using the EPR but just cannot find it.

THANKS in advance
    Have you run autopatch feed yet? If not:

Start Preware
    Select "List of Everything"
    Type "feed"
    You should get two results; select and install "autopatch-feed".

You should then see 60-70 new patches. Scroll down and select Recovery; EPR is in there.
    Is anyone else getting this error when opening File Coaster? I just had to get another Pre (number 4) & File Coaster isn't working this time around.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    Anytime I do a tweak that involve some kind of personalization, I rescind or change back that additional thing I put in. Like the messenger avatar, I went into my files and removed avatar picture then removed the tweak.
    What do you suggest I do?