Page 61 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    i just tryed that. the patch is still there and it still has the same error.
    Does anyone know of a patch/tweak that will turn off the auto answer when picking up the pre off of the touchstone? If not that would be an awesome patch/tweak to make.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedachamp View Post
    i just tryed that. the patch is still there and it still has the same error.
    You might try going into the tabbed tweaks and see if it is checked, if so uncheck it and wait for luna to restart (automatic with the patch install). I've probably reached my limit on expertise on this, as I have been having the same issues that you have. I will not add any more tweaks from the tabbed tweaks, just from the online repository, as those seem to work better.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    There a few messenger patches when I try to install them gives me an error 4 message. What does that mean. What should I do to fix it?
    What exactly does the "set messaging avater" tweak do?

Thanks
    Last edited by Blipstein; 10/07/2009 at 07:58 PM.
    There is no spoon
    Cant be more detailed !! I LOVE IT !! IM just waiting for me Pre To arrive and ill start to read all this guide !! EPIC Thread
    yes i did all of that and i have the latest version of webos. idk maybe its my computer???
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    What exactly does the "set messaging avater" tweak do?

Thanks
    It allows you to put a picture on your sms png file 64X58 works. By the way would you know anything about this?

There a few messenger patches when I try to install them gives me an error 4 message. What does that mean. What should I do to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    It allows you to put a picture on your sms png file 64X58 works

Where is this image seen?
    There is no spoon
    I've been using QI for some time but tonight I get a "no device detected" error message. What have I started doing wrong? How do I get the Pre "detected"? Using Vista and QI 2.72.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Where is this image seen?
    In the right corner of yoour messaging app. It is quite cool!
    I downloaded the WebOS quickinstall and ran it and it went through a couple of stages

Then there was a slight problem and it froze up, so I closed it

When I opened it again, it looks like everything is complete

Now, I went to download and install preware, and I clicked the third button down on the right (drive with a green arrow over it), as the preware installation instructions said to do
    but nothing happens
    and it just freezes there and nothing happens (can't click anything else either)

What should I do? I think I have everything installed and all of the requirements met, but I might be wrong?

Any help would be great.. thanks!!
    maybe repair utility for 1.2.1 will fix the issue..but i have to be patient for that
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcycle View Post
    I've been using QI for some time but tonight I get a "no device detected" error message. What have I started doing wrong? How do I get the Pre "detected"? Using Vista and QI 2.72.

sometimes unplugging the usb from the port and and plugging it back in does the trick...or a reboot to the computer does it for me.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    What do I do if it keeps saying no device found?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Jason need some advice, I am getting the following error when applying the message forwarding tweak:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkScript.sh

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (orpreviously applied) patch detected! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Removing package org. webosinternals.patches.message-forwarding from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.message-forwarding.prerm)

any suggestions? thanks!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    you have to put your pre into dev mode type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and turn it on, then you will be good to go.
    webos20090606 works as well to get it in dev mode
    I'm unable to get 2.72 to see my Pre when running on Win7 RTM 64-bit. I've done (AFAICT) all of the various required items and fixes, and it worked prior to the WebOS 1.2 upgrade. Just for reference, I've done at least the following (and perhaps others that I have not list):

• Disable and re-enable Developer Mode
    • Removing and reinstalling Novacom using the Orca instructions
    • Rebooting the PC
    • Moving to a different USB port
    • Removing all other USB devices
    • Using only the USB cable that came with the Pre

I do notice that when the Pre is plugged in, novacomd is taking up an entire CPU core, and is doing something else behind the scenes (I/O saturation?) that causes serious lag in any application that itself makes heavy use of I/O (primarily games). I'm at a loss for anything else.