Page 58 of 165 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    I am having a problem getting the Repository to open up so that I can get Preware. I am using WEBOS Quick Install ver 2.7. The tweaks work fine. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have some type of solution?
    Is there are version or this that installs and works correctly with Windows 7 yet?
    What about on Ubuntu?
    I apologize if this is the wrong forum/topic for this but I need some help. I had no tweaks installed before the 1.2.1 update was applied, once the update installed I applied some tweaks using the WebOS Quick install v2.7. They worked fine. Then apparently 1.2.1 was re-applied, don't know why but the same thing happened to me with the 1.2.0, it applies twice. Well it applied before I could remove the tweaks and now the WebOSQuick install thinks certain tweaks are applied and they are really not. I tried to re-enable the tweaks but I get an error.

Has anyone else encountered this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdefreit View Post
    I apologize if this is the wrong forum/topic for this but I need some help. I had no tweaks installed before the 1.2.1 update was applied, once the update installed I applied some tweaks using the WebOS Quick install v2.7. They worked fine. Then apparently 1.2.1 was re-applied, don't know why but the same thing happened to me with the 1.2.0, it applies twice. Well it applied before I could remove the tweaks and now the WebOSQuick install thinks certain tweaks are applied and they are really not. I tried to re-enable the tweaks but I get an error.

Yes, this same thing happened to me. I could have removed the tweaks prior to installing 1.2.1 the second time but I was careless and did not. The tweaks are not "active" but they are "Installed" and I cannot uninstall them nor install them again. Is there a guide or thread for how to get yourself out of trouble like this? I have not gone back into Quick Install to see what options there are there...
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    2.72 to 2.73 do we have to remove tweaks b4 add new ones?
    Has there been an official announcement from Jason on when 2.73 is gonna be released??
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Has there been an official announcement from Jason on when 2.73 is gonna be released??
    any day now...just have to give him time
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I plan on installing QI tonight. I'm currently using 2.03 and I installed some tweaks using that version but I can't remember which ones were from QI and which were from Preware. Should I just use the webosdoctor and restore to factory and start fresh or just run the emergency patch removal before adding the patches and such back on with 2.72?

TIA
    I had used the current version of webosQI to set a bunch of tweaks, and all was well, until I powered my phone off last night and back on this morning (getting pages I wanted to ignore). Now every single tweak is gone, back to vanilla 1.2.1.

Is this normal???? This makes no sense to me, patches should not be temporary.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    any day now...just have to give him time
    Not meaning to rush. I'm already in awe of how quickly he cranks these things out!
    not sure if this has been posted or not already but the browser multimod hinders the screen capture function. The hotkeys for page up/down are the same as one of the screen capture hotkeys so the screen shifts every time you try and do a capture. maybe have the orange button dissable the page navigation hotkeys when pressed along with the shift and p combo for screen capture?

other than that loving the tweaks! Thanks for all the effort.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    I plan on installing QI tonight. I'm currently using 2.03 and I installed some tweaks using that version but I can't remember which ones were from QI and which were from Preware. Should I just use the webosdoctor and restore to factory and start fresh or just run the emergency patch removal before adding the patches and such back on with 2.72?

TIA
    I was in a similar boat (I was running 1.2 beta and had some 2.03 tweaks on). I used the Doctor back to 1.1 and then did the OTA upgrade to 1.2, then installed QI 1.72 and applied the tweaks and installed the apps. Worked like a charm. Great unless you have a bunch of things (like contacts) that exist only on your Pre.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    For a while now I have been having a problem with Quick Install. When I try to send or receive a file, the button you click to either select the file or tell the file where to go, depending on what you are trying to do, will not let me click it and I have found no way around it. I have tried reinstalling Quick Install and even using older versions but it happens on them all. This also happens in the Themes section I can not click to select a theme. But the rest of the program works fine

Looks like maybe here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    Quote Originally Posted by duallydave View Post
    I had used the current version of webosQI to set a bunch of tweaks, and all was well, until I powered my phone off last night and back on this morning (getting pages I wanted to ignore). Now every single tweak is gone, back to vanilla 1.2.1.

Is this normal???? This makes no sense to me, patches should not be temporary.
    Update to this - when I run QI and look at the tweaks page, it say that 2 patches are still installed
    Improved auto-correct dictionary
    Squarify the screen (it does look square)

It is interesting that these are the last patch on each tab.

If I go into device mgmt and list patches, it shows one patch - more standby times. This is correct - there are more standby times, set it to 3 minutes.

I tried to re-apply the 4x4 launcher pages from the tweaks, luna did restart, but when done, it is not changed - still 3x3.

I may have to try the emergency patch remover - not sure if I will tweak it again....
    Emergency Patch Remover was gone, added back, not sure how to run it.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alan278 View Post
    Yes, this same thing happened to me. I could have removed the tweaks prior to installing 1.2.1 the second time but I was careless and did not. The tweaks are not "active" but they are "Installed" and I cannot uninstall them nor install them again. Is there a guide or thread for how to get yourself out of trouble like this? I have not gone back into Quick Install to see what options there are there...
    This is where I am at. I installed tweaks and all worked great until I did the opacity tweak (Should have read that it was buggy) and everything messed up. So I tried to remove tweaks by unchecking them, but that didn't do anything. So I ran the webos repair utility (not the webosdoctor) and replaced all the files. Came back to WebOSQuickInstall and all of the tweaks I had done were still checked. Unchecking them would do nothing because when I would open the tweaks page it would still show them checked even though they were definitely not working on my phone. So I went Device Management and they were all installed there, so I removed them from there (although everyone gave me an error) and they still show up in tweaks (but no longer in device management). Unchecking them does not remove them. I did try to install them from the Online Repository and it did install the app launcher 4x4 with no problems, but that was the only one that didn't give me an error. The error says "Patch already installed?"

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgrundvig View Post
    This is where I am at. I installed tweaks and all worked great until I did the opacity tweak (Should have read that it was buggy) and everything messed up. So I tried to remove tweaks by unchecking them, but that didn't do anything. So I ran the webos repair utility (not the webosdoctor) and replaced all the files. Came back to WebOSQuickInstall and all of the tweaks I had done were still checked. Unchecking them would do nothing because when I would open the tweaks page it would still show them checked even though they were definitely not working on my phone. So I went Device Management and they were all installed there, so I removed them from there (although everyone gave me an error) and they still show up in tweaks (but no longer in device management). Unchecking them does not remove them. I did try to install them from the Online Repository and it did install the app launcher 4x4 with no problems, but that was the only one that didn't give me an error. The error says "Patch already installed?"

Thoughts?
    EPR

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    EPR
    I'm having the same probelm as emoney. I can no longer add or take tweaks off of my pre. I try running the EPR and that still didn't work. HELP!!!
    Quote: THANK YOU... Shadavis08
    Be nice to the people that help you and give them some thanks !!!!!

PS; the thanks button is to the right ----->>>

(restore to default theme for the Pre)com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk
    m505, Samsung SPH-I300, Treo 650, Palm Pre
    Quick Question for TWeaking

Would there not bea way to have a TWEAK that alows you to have more then the 4 icons + luanch menu in the bottum task bar?

I know some guy made a CARD app for it , but thats a stupid 10$ for nothing ,

Im sure there must be a way to change the code to alow more.