Page 56 of 165 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncaley View Post
    alright now i done that the phone rebooted now how do i use it
    went into the tweaks for forwarding texts done this but it didnt work i dont think that im doing this right is there a certain way to load these tweaks
    Thanks so much for all of your hard work Jason, you da man. Question.......how do I remove web os and web doc from my PC. i ran into a snag with sprint where one of the tweaks (not sure which one) caused me to lose EvDo....totally. Called Sprint and they had me do a hard reset. That erased everything but the App Catalog Apps and it was a total pain in the *** to recover everything. I want to run the latest version of your kick *** program but, I want to do a little PC clean up first. Your aide will result in a nice donation man, you deserve it. Please e mail sooth99@aol.com at your earliest possible convenience with instructions on removal and then donation how-to's. Thanks again man. Regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncaley View Post
    went into the tweaks for forwarding texts done this but it didnt work i dont think that im doing this right is there a certain way to load these tweaks
    i cant get that tweak too even load myself,
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazinfly View Post
    None of the PATCHES in the latest QI release seem to install for me - not even showing up after attempting with no error notices in the Device Management screen. Is anyone else having this issue?

Trying to install the Show ALL DAY appointments in monthly calender and SMS Tone/contacts.

This might be a yet undiscovered bug in Jason's latest publication.

Your feedback is appreciated.
    Ok, now I have the the same problem. I had to send my phone to the doctor(my fault) I set up QI, used it to set up preware, used preware, everthing working right, wrong. If I try to use QI for patches no go, it looks like it loads, the phone resets but no patch installed and the patch is not checked.
    Any idea??
    and again, dev mod is on and preware works

Thanks for the help
    I Jason, congratulations on the great work you have already done. I would like to ask if you would consider adding the following features for WOQI. I mentioned this in another thread but I thought I would post it here are well. In other threads posted here, users have posted instructions on how to backup the Pre using Rsync and also on how to copy/export all contacts from Palm Pre profile. It would be incredibly awesome if scripts could be written for these instructions which could then be integrated into WOQI!! Here are the threads I'm referring to below:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-your-pre.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...acts-free.html

Would you interested and would it be possible to add these features to WOQI if scripts are written?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I Jason, congratulations on the great work you have already done. I would like to ask if you would consider adding the following features for WOQI. I mentioned this in another thread but I thought I would post it here are well. In other threads posted here, users have posted instructions on how to backup the Pre using Rsync and also on how to copy/export all contacts from Palm Pre profile. It would be incredibly awesome if scripts could be written for these instructions which could then be integrated into WOQI!! Here are the threads I'm referring to below:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-your-pre.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...acts-free.html

Would you interested and would it be possible to add these features to WOQI if scripts are written?
    he said he is already working on a back solution for everyone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    do you see where it says online repository(on your attachment) go into there and look for the recovery patch and install it. then go into preware and go to tools device manager and on the right click on where it says apps installed and patches installed will pop up look in BOTH the apps and patches and uninstall the tweaks in there that you had on youe phone ,i dont know why but they show up in both sometimes
    OK. The removed all the tweaks. But the LED still will not install, and each call history line is still indented a bit more.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello,
    Stop me if you have heard this before, I tried for the past few days to unlock my Sprint Pre. Every time, it would say device not recognized.

Finally out of desperation, I tried it with Developer Mode set to off and everything works perfectly with Webos quick install. Preware installed and everything works perfectly. I even tried again with Developer Mode set back to on and it still would not recognize it.

Just to make sure I have it on Developer Mode off, on the screen, I see the on button with the blue toggle to the right.

Not sure if it matters, but I use an Apple Macbook Pro with OSX
    Cheers,
    JJ
    Great work Jason...I am on 1.2.1 and 2.72 and all tweaks seem to be working well.
    Question: in email now, after installing just the "Delete All-Read all" tweak, when I open a new email now, it just shows a white blank screen as the Pre seems to be downloading the text or something. This screen will be blank for up to 20-30 seconds and finally the email body will appear!

Any ideas or suggestions anyone???
    When i open webos quick install then go to tweaks i get an msg telling me that tweaking requires package mngr, gnu patch and diffstat to fcn....i install it then it gives me an error msg

error: An error occured while attempting to install file .ipk...... Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch check spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

so therefor i am not able to put any tweaks on my phone

plz help.
    help! I was clicking tweaks and I noticed that my phone froze, so I finished what I was doing and removed my Pre from the usb drive. It was still frozen so I took out my battery and now all I get is the boot screen, and not the one that I got from the theme I downloaded earlier... any help would be great.
    I'm having problems installing patches from the online repository in quickinstall 2.7. It acts like it is installing the patch, but when in finishes it is not there. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this? I am able to install from the tweaks section, it is just the online repository section that doesnt work.
    Where do I get the version of the virtual keyboard shown on todays homepage of Precentral with the "gear" key, "hand" key, and lower to upper case changes with the orange key??? The keyboard installed by WebOS Quick Install 2.72 does not have any of these features. Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

P.S.: Solved email loading delay by uninstalling the improved autocorrection dictionary.
    IDEA FOR ANOTHER TWEAK FOR JASON....
    How about a tweak that lets us replace the "up-arrow" launcher button in the launch bar with another app?? It seems like I would like to have one more app here and with the swipe up gesture you easily activate the launcher anyway. Or could we make the launcher ribbon/bar with 6 positions instead of 5? Just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
    Hey is anyone experiencing issues with there Pre shutting off when you close the slider to fast or when placing it down on the table. It appears when I close the slider a abruptly will turns the photo off and I have to reboot. Or if I'm placing it down and it slips inches from the table it will shut-off. Anyone have the same troubles or is this just a safety function built in the phone?
    I've heard this has something to do with the battery not fitting quite right in early production runs of the Pre. My local Sprint store replaced my Pre when I demonstrated the problem.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    IDEA FOR ANOTHER TWEAK FOR JASON....
    How about a tweak that lets us replace the "up-arrow" launcher button in the launch bar with another app?? It seems like I would like to have one more app here and with the swipe up gesture you easily activate the launcher anyway. Or could we make the launcher ribbon/bar with 6 positions instead of 5? Just a thought...
    There is an app that is working on this right now. I forget what it's called... something like AHS- Active .... Screen, I think. The page is actually a card that mimics the regular home screen with seven icons on a modified bar with a few others around it. Then there are some active widgets that also nice. Haven't seen anything in the development lately, but that doesn't mean much.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I had a weird problem today trying to help a couple of friends get Preware loaded today. From my own Macbook, that I use to tweak my own Pre, I hooked up their Pres, after updating to 1.2.1 today, to install the Package Manager Service (Step 1 to get Preware on). QI could see the Pre just fine (by looking at Device Management), but when I click on the 3rd button the right, the only repository shown is Precentral. In fact, I believe it was greyed out. It did show all of the various apps from Precentral, but I couldn't select WebOS-Internals Feed All, since it wasn't listed.

Both Pres were in Developer Mode and as I said, QI seemed to work fine otherwise. I didn't think to try any Tweaks, since I didn't want to overload their brains w/ the notion of removing them before updates.

I plugged my phone in and everything showed up, as it always does.

Any ideas what's going on here? I'd really like to get them going w/ Preware.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I had a weird problem today trying to help a couple of friends get Preware loaded today. From my own Macbook, that I use to tweak my own Pre, I hooked up their Pres, after updating to 1.2.1 today, to install the Package Manager Service (Step 1 to get Preware on). QI could see the Pre just fine (by looking at Device Management), but when I click on the 3rd button the right, the only repository shown is Precentral. In fact, I believe it was greyed out. It did show all of the various apps from Precentral, but I couldn't select WebOS-Internals Feed All, since it wasn't listed.

Both Pres were in Developer Mode and as I said, QI seemed to work fine otherwise. I didn't think to try any Tweaks, since I didn't want to overload their brains w/ the notion of removing them before updates.

Thanks.
    Sorry i am new and I am a little behind. I just upgraded to the latest version. but i know nothing about the tweeks can someone point me to a forum to find what they are and how they are working for people on the new web OS 1.21?
    Quote Originally Posted by guyver510 View Post

Thanks.
    Did you put their phone in developer mode first?

And, of course, I suggest you have them install PreLoad. It does everything Preware does but has ringtones, wallpapers, sounds and a real time messageboard too.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds