Page 54 of 165 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatTony718 View Post
    i had that problem i folded up a little piece of paper and put in in btwn the top of the battery and the metal part that holds the battery in place. that should help keep the battery from wiggling and eliminate the problem.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post

* Novacom
    o You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    o If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
    o For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

OMG THANK YOU!!! This saved my life! Ive been trying for DAYS to get QI to work an I was ready to give up as NONE of the troubleshooting that I read included this step. I wish I could click "Thank" like 1000 times
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uminchu View Post
    You didn't screw up, I have the same problem with the Opacity tweak. I do think as a whole, we are making a mistake in that many of us can help Jason out a little better.

In post #1014, Jason has already acknowledged the Opacity tweak as an issue that will be addressed in his next release. In the meantime, he has a number of other priorities in his life, like his education. Other than voluntary donations on our parts, this software is something he provides to our community as pretty much a gift. Let's give him a break, maybe help him out a little. We can do our own research through the last few days' posts for issues he's already fully aware of. Certainly, his time is as valuable as ours (and wasting it only delays the next release). Rather than waste our own time posting known issues, and his time reading them, perhaps we could spend that time sending a donation his way instead.

I'm concerned that this post might sound flippant or condescending, and I absolutely do not mean it that way. I'm only trying to suggest that the very least we can do is respect the all time and effort he devotes to us, mostly out of his own good will.
    No, thank you. I really wanted to find it out on my own, but 50+ pages is just not going to happen sadly. I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction, now is there a way I can remove the opacity tweak so I can use the battery tweak? It's more important to me than aesthetics.

EDIT: I'll just wait a few days for him to get it fixed. I can wait.

Thank you Jason
    Last edited by Tgrundvig; 10/06/2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot and should read more.
    I very much appreciate the work that went into this, it works great. I contributed to the cause, so now I thought maybe I could make a request. Is it possible to change the tweak install function so that it did not restart luna each time a tweak is selected, rather have it wait until you are done checking boxes, then click on apply, or automatically apply if the tweak pages are closed and anything has changed? I assume that you must wait for luna to restart between each patch, or are they buffered and sent when luna comes back?

I can patchadd a whole slew of patches in Solaris before rebooting, which saves a lot of time. I'm sure that the patchadd / pkgadd cycle in Solaris is totally different than the way these tweaks are being applied, but I just thought I'd ask if this was possible. Thanks for listening.
    anybody having problems receiving text messages when the roam only tweak is enabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post
    both issues of mine turned out to be the proxy server at my work. Once I bypassed the proxy, everything started working fine
    Did you connect from another network or is there a place where I can set my proxy settings?

Thanks

JC
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, as noted in post #1 under "known issues"

I only have so many hours a day that I'm home to work on free software. Between university, homework/projects, and a meager social life, the majority of my weekdays are used up (thus why most recent software releases have been on weekends). I fact right now, I'm at the comp sci students lounge on a public computer.

Except v2.73 in a few days, I'm tryin to get several the fixes together in one release.

Tenative list of fixes:
    - better compatibility for messaging avatar
    - smaller auto-correct dictionaries
    - fixed spelling typos
    - fixed browser multi-mod
    - fixed launcher opacity
    Thank you for your devoting your time to this community.

Just wanted to know if there's any update or progress on the iphone tweak.

Thanks!
    I've been using this program through many versions, and it has added significant enjoyment to my whole Pre experience (and I've even donated) but this version just isn't working for me. I spent most of Sunday adding tweaks -- and it rebooted after each one as expected. I didn't check each one -- sometimes I just added the next tweak. Then a few hours later I checked the tweak screen to see what other tweaks to add and all the check marks were off except for 4x4 icons. So I decided to give it a rest and wait a few days. Today I decided to start over again and tried the haptic silent keyboard thing -- checkmark is there -- but so is the sound of the keyboard. I don't want to go through all the checkmarks, wait for rebooting just to find they aren't there.

The styling mods seem to have worked.

The virtual keyboard did not at all. In fact I checked the folders on my pre and there was one for it, but it was empty. So I deleted the folder.

So, I'm not sure what to do -- is there another version coming, am I the only one having these 'little' issues. In the big picture of life, they are little things, but I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed them in my small little world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Tenative list of fixes:
    - smaller auto-correct dictionaries
    Would there be any way to modify this tweak to export the existing dictionary to a plain txt file? Then allow us to update the text file with our own auto-corrects. Then re-import our personal auto-correct dictionary file back to our Pre...
    Please help!

I was adding some tweaks, reading about each one. checked the one for Change launcher opacity, lowered to 27%. it seemed to have worked, but when I unchecked it...its now completely transparent.

I can't find Emergency Patch Recovery in preware. Am I not looking in the right place?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    I've been using this program through many versions, and it has added significant enjoyment to my whole Pre experience (and I've even donated) but this version just isn't working for me. I spent most of Sunday adding tweaks -- and it rebooted after each one as expected. I didn't check each one -- sometimes I just added the next tweak. Then a few hours later I checked the tweak screen to see what other tweaks to add and all the check marks were off except for 4x4 icons. So I decided to give it a rest and wait a few days. Today I decided to start over again and tried the haptic silent keyboard thing -- checkmark is there -- but so is the sound of the keyboard. I don't want to go through all the checkmarks, wait for rebooting just to find they aren't there.

The styling mods seem to have worked.

The virtual keyboard did not at all. In fact I checked the folders on my pre and there was one for it, but it was empty. So I deleted the folder.

So, I'm not sure what to do -- is there another version coming, am I the only one having these 'little' issues. In the big picture of life, they are little things, but I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed them in my small little world.
    I've had trouble with some of the QI tweaks, like the silent haptic keyboard, that battery percentage, one or two others. Then I tried installing them from Preware. You can install several before you reboot and they work fine for me now. They even show up as checked off in QI. It didn't actually solve my QI issues, but they work, so I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Markonian View Post
    Please help!

I was adding some tweaks, reading about each one. checked the one for Change launcher opacity, lowered to 27%. it seemed to have worked, but when I unchecked it...its now completely transparent.

I can't find Emergency Patch Recovery in preware. Am I not looking in the right place?
    Available Patches> Recovery (2nd from bottom)> Emergency Patch Recovery
    Available Patches> Recovery (2nd from bottom)> Emergency Patch Recovery
    I'm using Preware v.0.9.2 and only have 1 patch in the folder for virtual keyboard. I just loaded this 2 days ago.

Any idea's?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm using Preware v.0.9.2 and only have 1 patch in the folder for virtual keyboard. I just loaded this 2 days ago.

Any idea's?
    Have you run Autopatch feed?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i got this setup and ready to go but i dont know what to install to make the phone able to forward text .......can someone please help i got the apps to install but dont know my next step .......sorry but im am very very new to this thanks in advance
    Have you run Autopatch feed?

Sorry, I'm new to this. How do I run autopatch feed?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    um it keeps telling me to downlaod webos doctor and I do then notihng happens
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Sorry, I'm new to this. How do I run autopatch feed?
    Actually, this belongs in the Preware thread, but try this:

Tap "List of Everything", then type "feed".
    It should return 2 selections, one of which is "autopatch-feed". Install it, and you'll find 60 or 70 new patches available. Scroll down and tap Recovery, and you'll find the Emergency Recovery Patch. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncaley View Post
    i got this setup and ready to go but i dont know what to install to make the phone able to forward text .......can someone please help i got the apps to install but dont know my next step .......sorry but im am very very new to this thanks in advance

Im pretty new to this myself but if you are asking what I think you are then you need to go Tools>Tweaks and then under the system mods tab message forwarding is like the 5th or 6th from the top on the right column
    Actually, this belongs in the Preware thread, but try this:

Tap "List of Everything", then type "feed".
    It should return 2 selections, one of which is "autopatch-feed". Install it, and you'll find 60 or 70 new patches available. Scroll down and tap Recovery, and you'll find the Emergency Recovery Patch. Good luck.

Thank you soo much. You saved me a huge headache!