Page 53 of 165 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    And I appreciate all the help you all gave, even if I was extremely stubborn.....

*bad first impression.*
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    Quick install requires it to be in USB mode.
    You are mistaken. You need to select "Just Charge".
    Yeah it's always been "Just charge." It's all good though, at least you got it working.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    i installed the emoticon patch, but i don't see any extra emoticons in my sym box? how do i find them? sorry if this has been discussed, i just couldn't find it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yeah it's always been "Just charge." It's all good though, at least you got it working.
    Weird, I've always used it in USB mode.

Anyways, the problem I had is that the copy of WebOSDoctor that I had needed to be re-downloaded, according to the troubleshooting post that I accidentally skipped over. I'm re-downloading it now.
    I was trying to add an app from the official catalogue and it wouldn't install. I thought it had something with the memory partition so I deleted all my homebrew apps. Tried to install again and same thing happened, mind you I never got the memory error, it seemed to download just fine and even gave me the option to download again for free. I didn't pay mind to it and installed our Jason's own internalz again to delete a video and what do I find. The app I was trying to install downloaded in downloads folder on my pre where the web multipatch saves videos. I took the patch off and was able to download the app. So this leads me to believe that the web patch forces my apps from the catalogue into this folder not into var folder so it installs properly. Just thought i'd bring it up, not sure if it has been covered since this thread is ridiculous. Anyone else having problems installing official apps
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    i installed the emoticon patch, but i don't see any extra emoticons in my sym box? how do i find them? sorry if this has been discussed, i just couldn't find it!
    You need to press Sym + z or Sym + K to see the different smilies.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    Try hitting sym+k or sym+z
    when i push sym+k i do get emoticons, but only 3. is that all the patch does? i thought it was going to display them all, but maybe i'm wrong. and pushing sym+z just shows a dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, as noted in post #1 under "known issues"

I only have so many hours a day that I'm home to work on free software. Between university, homework/projects, and a meager social life, the majority of my weekdays are used up (thus why most recent software releases have been on weekends). I fact right now, I'm at the comp sci students lounge on a public computer.

Except v2.73 in a few days, I'm tryin to get several the fixes together in one release.

Tenative list of fixes:
    - better compatibility for messaging avatar
    - smaller auto-correct dictionaries
    - fixed spelling typos
    - fixed browser multi-mod
    - fixed launcher opacity

Jason, I would like to speak with you about this item prior to release if possible.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Might have been discussed before. Do you have to uninstall your tweaks from 2.72 when the 2.73 update comes out?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi I'm getting this:

When trying to change the launcher opacity. I originally set it and it was set lower than I wanted, so I unchecked it and went to check it again and started getting that error after I click "Set Opacity". After doing that the batter % in the top header no longer shows up. It was there, but it no longer is. I can uncheck the battery % in top header and it does a little restart on my phone and comes back up. When I close the tweaks window and reopen it, the battery % in top header is again checked, but there is no longer any number. I can also click things like "Hide SprintTV application" and it goes through the process like its going to hide it, but when I close tweaks and reopen it, it's still unchecked under styling mods. I did shut down and start up the phone after checking and unchecking those tweaks a few time. What did I screw up?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hey Jason, thanks for the great app. I love being able to hide the Nascar, SprintTV, and NFL apps as I don't use those and they just take up space. I was wondering if you could do the same for the default YouTube app. I just use the mobile friendly youtube site, the app in the Pre launcher only shows the popular videos list on YouTube, not the actual mobile site which is far more functional.

So any chance you could make a styling mod to hide the YouTube icon in the launcher?

Thanks again, and I'll send ya a donation for all the great work you've done for us all so far.
    Jason, this is by far the greatest tool for the palm pre there is out there. The only thing missing is wifi support. Just like putty, would there be a way to ssh into webos quickinstall? Any plans on this or is this something that cannot be done?
    when i clicked the download link i selected the open with option instead of the save option. after i closed web OS quick install, i realized i couldnt find it on my desktop or programs list under my start menu on my computer. i cant even re-open it in my downloads menu, is my only option re-download the program and select save?
    Jason,

Have you given any thought to being able to hide/delete the "ALL" category in the photo albums? I have a few pix I don't want everyone to see and have them pretty well buried, but they would be pretty easy to see if one clicked "ALL". I personally never use ALL anyways. It would be so nice to have it gone.

Thanks for any consideration,

Stash
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLovesThePre View Post
    when i clicked the download link i selected the open with option instead of the save option. after i closed web OS quick install, i realized i couldnt find it on my desktop or programs list under my start menu on my computer. i cant even re-open it in my downloads menu, is my only option re-download the program and select save?
    Technically it's in your temp files for your internet browser, so you can browse there and get it or you can redownload it.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    Jason,

Have you given any thought to being able to hide/delete the "ALL" category in the photo albums? I have a few pix I don't want everyone to see and have them pretty well buried, but they would be pretty easy to see if one clicked "ALL". I personally never use ALL anyways. It would be so nice to have it gone.

Thanks for any consideration,

Stash
    I would just like to be able to hid all the icons etc, and album art from the mp3's...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgrundvig View Post
    Hi I'm getting this:

When trying to change the launcher opacity. I originally set it and it was set lower than I wanted, so I unchecked it and went to check it again and started getting that error after I click "Set Opacity". After doing that the batter % in the top header no longer shows up. It was there, but it no longer is. I can uncheck the battery % in top header and it does a little restart on my phone and comes back up. When I close the tweaks window and reopen it, the battery % in top header is again checked, but there is no longer any number. I can also click things like "Hide SprintTV application" and it goes through the process like its going to hide it, but when I close tweaks and reopen it, it's still unchecked under styling mods. I did shut down and start up the phone after checking and unchecking those tweaks a few time. What did I screw up?
    You didn't screw up, I have the same problem with the Opacity tweak. I do think as a whole, we are making a mistake in that many of us can help Jason out a little better.

In post #1014, Jason has already acknowledged the Opacity tweak as an issue that will be addressed in his next release. In the meantime, he has a number of other priorities in his life, like his education. Other than voluntary donations on our parts, this software is something he provides to our community as pretty much a gift. Let's give him a break, maybe help him out a little. We can do our own research through the last few days' posts for issues he's already fully aware of. Certainly, his time is as valuable as ours (and wasting it only delays the next release). Rather than waste our own time posting known issues, and his time reading them, perhaps we could spend that time sending a donation his way instead.

I'm concerned that this post might sound flippant or condescending, and I absolutely do not mean it that way. I'm only trying to suggest that the very least we can do is respect the all time and effort he devotes to us, mostly out of his own good will.
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlinge View Post
    Hey is anyone experiencing issues with there Pre shutting off when you close the slider to fast or when placing it down on the table. It appears when I close the slider a abruptly will turns the photo off and I have to reboot. Or if I'm placing it down and it slips inches from the table it will shut-off. Anyone have the same troubles or is this just a safety function built in the phone?
    i had that problem i folded up a little piece of paper and put in in btwn the top of the battery and the metal part that holds the battery in place. that should help keep the battery from wiggling and eliminate the problem.