Page 51 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3299
Like Tree11Likes
    Is anyone else experiencing problems with WebOS Quick Install 2.72 on Windows 7 (64bit)?

I have followed the procedure. It detected my Palm Pre. I changed a tweak: add pages to the launcher. My device restarted and the tweak worked.

However, when I tried to install a second tweak, it gave me an error message. After I closed WOSQI and opened it again, I get the error message saying: Error: No device detected.

Done all 3:
    Novacom installed on this computer.
    Developer mode enabled.
    When you plug in your device, choose "Just charge".

Tried reinstalling Novacom (always using windows 7 64bit method).
    Tried disabling and enabling developer mode.
    Tried plugging the palm pre in another usb slot.
    Tried restarting my computer.
    Nothing worked.

I'm running WebOS 1.2.1. Any ideas?
    Are tweaks compatible with themes?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    any fix for error 4 on browser multi patch ?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GAM5 View Post
    I know when getting ready for an update from Palm you should remove tweaks before updating. Do you also need to remove the files QI downloaded - GNU patch, Diffstat, and Package Manager Service or do those stay on the device?
    Jason, thanks for the awesome work! Please let me know the answer to the question above. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unite View Post
    When I try to install the browser patches I get the following error both in webosqi and preware.

[IMG]
    How can I make it work? Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyr View Post
    I'm having the same issue... i've tried using QI to delete files downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$ $but$ $that$ $didn$'$t$ $help$. $do$ $i$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $anything$ $special$ $when$ $deleting$ $files$? $can$'$t$ $figure$ $out$ $what$ $the$ $problem$ $is$.
    I myself and few others have been asking since yesterday
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Jason, can we please get some help on the Browser multi patch , the errors stiil exist...
    I asked before but no answer when you donate how much of the money goes to the writers of the tweaks or does it all go to quickinstaller? does donating help the writers of the tweaks at all or we supposed to donate to them separately? Does it give us a fuller version or a newer one? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KRUNCH View Post
    I asked before but no answer when you donate how much of the money goes to the writers of the tweaks or does it all go to quickinstaller? does donating help the writers of the tweaks at all or we supposed to donate to them separately? Does it give us a fuller version or a newer one? Thanks.
    Goes into the paypal account of who ever donation link you hit
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    I myself and few others have been asking since yesterday
    Jason, can we please get some help on the Browser multi patch , the errors stiil exist...
    someone replied to my post that there is a fix in webosqi 2.73 so i guess we have to wait.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I have a question. I've downloaded the latest version of WebOSQI and installed the latest version of PreWare. I also loaded the autopatch-feed in PreWare. I then restarted my phone and reloaded the PreWare application and was able to see all of the patches/tweaks listed in PreWare.

I proceeded to install the following tweaks:

1) Email in Landscape
    2) Messaging in Landscape
    3) LED Notifications
    4) Battery %/Icon
    5) Virtual Keyboard

All of the tweaks installed without issue. However, only 3), 4) and 5) actually appear to be working.

I then uninstalled 1) and 2), restarted the phone. I then tried installing the Messaging in Landscape tweak, then restarting the phone. The tweak installed without incident but I can still not get landscape orientation in the messaging app.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    I forgot to remove the tweaks before performing the 1.21 update. My Pre doesn't have the tweaks applied anymore but when I open WebOS Quick Install - Tweaks section, it shows my old tweaks checked still. How can I reset this so I can add the tweaks back again?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Use Emergency Patch Recovery Tool from the online repository.
  13.    #1013  
    Yea, as noted in post #1 under "known issues"

I only have so many hours a day that I'm home to work on free software. Between university, homework/projects, and a meager social life, the majority of my weekdays are used up (thus why most recent software releases have been on weekends). I fact right now, I'm at the comp sci students lounge on a public computer.

Except v2.73 in a few days, I'm tryin to get several the fixes together in one release.

Tenative list of fixes:
    - better compatibility for messaging avatar
    - smaller auto-correct dictionaries
    - fixed spelling typos
    - fixed browser multi-mod
    - fixed launcher opacity
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Are you on vista? 64 or 32bit... windows XP? mac osx?

we need a lot more info to try to help you like OS type what you have done to try and get it to work any error messages you have gotten and so on... in my case with device not found or can not connect it was a novacom driver issue or an Ethernet gadget driver...

try this below and see if this works for you...

and also make sure your phone is in Dev mode.

and also make sure you press just charge when you connect your pre you should see in your device manager palm novacom modules - Palm novacom and also portable devices - pre if you see something in your device that says USB Ethernet Gadget then your drivers are not installed err not all of them

i am on vista x64 and it would not work until after i had all drivers installed after i did that this below it worked just fine I know this kinda sounds strange but this is what i had to do to get it to work on vista X64 this helped a lot of people on older versions of the quick install...

1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

now if that does not work try this...

* Novacom
    o You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    o If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
    o For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.

* DevMode enabled
    o This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

gtit, this is my same problem, but i have mac osx, and for the novacom, i dont see anyway to make it install in osx if the button doesn't work within quick install; any ideas?? or anyone who has any clue about os x? i'm starting to get the feeling that everyone in here is just using windows since no one has said anything about novacom for mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, as noted in post #1 under "known issues"

I only have so many hours a day that I'm home to work on free software. Between university, homework/projects, and a meager social life, the majority of my weekdays are used up (thus why most recent software releases have been on weekends). I fact right now, I'm at the comp sci students lounge on a public computer.

Except v2.73 in a few days, I'm tryin to get several the fixes together in one release.

Tenative list of fixes:
    - better compatibility for messaging avatar
    - smaller auto-correct dictionaries
    - fixed spelling typos
    - fixed browser multi-mod
    - fixed launcher opacity
    Just release what you can when you can.......people need to read what has been discussed and reported and dismissed then try something.
    His name is Jason not Jesus.................
    I for one appreciate what you do ..

Thanks
    "Goes into the paypal account of who ever donation link you hit"

So if we donate it doesn't help the tweak writers at all?
    I want a working version of the tweak but there's no donate link except this but donating does not give any money to the tweak writers?
    "Goes into the paypal account of who ever donation link you hit"

That is up to controls the account.....................................
    I want a working version of the tweak but there's no donate link except this but donating does not give any money to the tweak writers?
    Would you feel the same if the tweak writers were tweakers ?
  20.    #1020  
    Nope. Most tweak writers have setup their own threads with donation links there. It's a bit like asking FileCoaster or Preware devs if they distribute donations to every app developer. You donating towards this program itself, not towards a particular tweaks. And don't forget, donations are completely optional, and this program is completely free.

The tweaks I use have been posted openly and freely. And in fact WebOS-Internals ipk system strips any creator info, unless specifically chosen not to by the creator. And I've submitted several tweaks myself, just to be clear